What did you last watch on TV?

Unsolved Mysteries

My Little Pony: Best Gift Ever

Very nice and wholesome Christmas special
I believe it chronologically fits in at around season 8 and I've only gotten up to around mid season 4 so I was kinda worried about spoilers and or things not making sense but luckily it didn't seem too bad in this respect and I was able to just enjoy it in itself for the most part

If anyone has Amazon Prime, one show I'd recommend watching is Clarkson's Farm. Anyone who was a fan of Top Gear and/or Jeremy Clarkson would really enjoy it, and it shows how difficult farming really is.

Watched James May's "Oh Cook" series, which is also on Amazon Prime. He can even make a cooking program entertaining to watch.

Kick Buttowski (Thank you, wcoforever.net)

Finally finished my binge to completion of Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger vs Keisatsu Sentai Patranger as part of my 'trying to get caught up with Super Sentai so I can start watching these shows weekly again'.

Started the new season of Stranger Things.
A new character, Eddy, happens. He's an eccentric somewhat aggressive highschool senior who runs a D&D group.
A new creature of the Upsidedown comes, with some new scary abilities.

I finished season 2 of Bridgerton. Not my usual genre or theme, but I liked it enough. Gave it 1 thumb up.
Now I'm watching The Orville.

I started Season 8 of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic today with the not awful but weak School Daze, with my big concern being Neighsay had a valid point for seeing safety as an issue with the school which the two-parter didn't acknowledge.

Growing Up is Hard to Do (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 9 Episode 22)

This was my first episode I ever watched of MLP, and now having almost completed my watchthrough of the series I finally rewatch it (which is kinda funny how my first ever episode was actually one of the last, but thankfully it wasn't one which was too dependent on surrounding plot and was able to be enjoyed on its own and I remember how I knew Sweetie Belle from fan content and liked her a lot in this episode hence my August 2020 theme being Adult Sweetie Belle). It's definitely a good episode and a joy to return to after 2 years and the song (Being Big is All it Takes) is really good and underrated too.

I'm so close to finishing the series that its sorta sad but also really looking forward to it not just because I know the finale will be great but also because I can then explore fan content without fear of spoilers (I already have some spoilers for season 9 finale but nothing too too bad so I'm still looking forward to it a lot and curious how it goes down.)

The new Beavis and Butt-Head revival on Paramount Plus.

It's just as good as it was back in 1993.

The Last Problem (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 9 Episode 26)

So yeah I finally finished the entirety of MLP:FiM over the course of about 10 months, and the ending was very good. "The Ending of the End" was a very dramatic episode with a very good conclusion and I thought it was pretty interesting how they revealed that Grogar was actually Discord in disguise the entire time although his justification for freeing Tirek, Cosy Glow, and Queen Chrysalis was pretty weak and not understable/relatable. It was pretty cool how they brought back the Wendigos and had the Young Six uniting a huge crowd of ponies and other creatures to defend the Mane Six.

So, I was sorta spoiled that the first two episodes of Season 9 would be "The Beginning of the End" in which Celestia and Luna announce their retirement, and that the final three episodes would be a two-parter "The Ending of the End" in which three major villians, one of whom would be Chrysalis and I assumed the other two would be Tirek and Sombra, would wage a huge war on Equestria, and I knew the final episode would be "The Last Problem" in which Twilight looks like Celestia and everyone else is old, and she advises a younger student called Dawn, and it would end with a song "The Magic of Friendship grows". I had seen what the Mane Six looked like. I also had seen that a major character would die and presumed it would be Celestia, but it turns out this wasn't true.

I especially liked Chrysalis during this season and I thought it very humurous when Pinkie Pie absorbed Discord's magic. I was also spoilered that the three villains would be turned into stone at the end. I was honestly quite surprised and even disappointed that most of the final episode is just a flashback of the coronation, since I knew there'd be an episode set in the far future called the "last problem" yet most of it is just memories of a problem that already got solved and we only get a few minutes of seeing characters in the future. I thought it was nice that Applejack and Rainbow Dash are implied to be living together / married / in a relationship in the last episode and also thought it sweet that Fluttershy and Discord are still close friends. The ending song was a very good one, and it was good to see so many ponies such as the Young Six and the Cutie Mark Crusaders having grown up for real. Though I guess it's a disappointment that we don't really see Cadance, Shining Armour, and Flurry Heart although we do see a grown up Flurry Heart in a stained glass painting in Canterlot Castle. It was also kinda nice to see Flash Sentry and Sunset Shimmer in the group shot at the very end though of course I do wish they were slightly more featured. And of course it was so great that they finished with the closing of the book that we see in the opening shot of season 1 episode 1 (though maybe it would have been good if they ended with a narration like at the start of that "Once upon a time in the magical land of Equestria....").

So yeah I finished this show and it was the best show ever even better than Teen Titans Go and it's going to be my comfort show to rewatch for a long time to come. It was wholesome, it had well written characters and episodes, it had songs so good that I listen to them more than "normal" music, and it has perfect animation too. I do feel that the the earlier seasons (1-4) were generally much stronger than the later seasons (5-8) but 9 was good too. I also liked the equestria girls franchise a lot and MLP: the movie was decent.

Does this thread apply to TV shows in general even if you didn't watch them on TV? Because if so, I watched Maud Couple and Fake It Til You Make It. I had overall positive feelings on the former due to it being interesting, including Mudbriar even though he's still an uneven character, and having a great moral, but Fake It Till You Make It was a step back into 4/10 territory as it felt like a less bad Putting Your Hoof Down, in this case where Fluttershy handles her three personalities extremely well at first and then suddenly becomes an incompetent bumbling bully with them faster than the drop of a hat.

Euphoria Season 1 Episode 1
I'm not sure if this counts because I saw it on Amazon but
I know this show is popular but I wasn't too big on its pilot. The visuals were good, and the two likable characters in it were Rue and Fezco, but aside from that none of the other characters feel distinct and just say mean things and talk about wanting to get laid. Not much else to say here. I'm still planning to see the other episodes of Season 1 because the show does seem to not want to sugarcoat anything in terms of the type of maturity it covers, which always interests me, and I've heard people say it does it well. Plus because I already bought it on Amazon and watched one episode so it's nonrefundable regardless of what I wanted to do heh

Cuauhtémoc
Danthe
Lately I've been watching the captain Nintendo Mario cartoon cartoons, I like how the fem dinosaur was doing her nails while driving the motorcycle lol

Back