Do you beleive in Jesus?

Do You???

• Yes

Votes: 70 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 25.5%

• Total voters
Theres nothing wrong with harry potter, i am not the biggest fan but not because of religous reasons

Filburt Turtle said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
My parents don't like Pokemon either because of religion, but I have no idea why. Really, there's nothing wrong with Pokemon.
It supports Darwinism.
LOL, I thought you say it supports dwarfism. It sort of supports it in my opinion, I do infact believe in evolution and it does happen.

Nina Einstein said:
Filburt Turtle said:
Fawfulfury65 said:
My parents don't like Pokemon either because of religion, but I have no idea why. Really, there's nothing wrong with Pokemon.
It supports Darwinism.
LOL, I thought you say it supports dwarfism. It sort of supports it in my opinion, I do infact believe in evolution and it does happen.
Darwinism as in how animals change over time? I don't see what's so non-Christian about that. I mean, I don't believe that a one-celled organism evolved into a human over billions of years, but I think that a species can change over time.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Darwinism as in how animals change over time? I don't see what's so non-Christian about that. I mean, I don't believe that a one-celled organism evolved into a human over billions of years, but I think that a species can change over time.
macroevolution vs microevolution

Yeah, I think it's perfectly reasonable to accept the latter as a Christian. And I agree with your disagreement of people's agreement on one-cell amoebas becoming humans over millions of years. Even if I had no faith I wouldn't buy that theory.

To answer the topic; no. If Jesus or any other religious figure really did exist, then why do they allow bad things to happen (the Holocaust and 9/11)? I don't understand why anybody still believes in religion as there's no proof that religion is real. Science can be proven (dinosaur bones can be dug up, tadpoles grow up to become frogs and technology is part of our everyday life as we encounter it everyday).

superjeff64 said:
To answer the topic; no. If Jesus or any other religious figure really did exist, then why do they allow bad things to happen (the Holocaust and 9/11)? I don't understand why anybody still believes in religion as there's no proof that religion is real. Science can be proven (dinosaur bones can be dug up, tadpoles grow up to become frogs and technology is part of our everyday life as we encounter it everyday).
Bad things happen so we can trust in God more. In bad situations, people rely on God to help them. That strengthens their faith. It's in the Bible. Also, when the world began, Adam and Eve ate an apple from a forbidden tree and it made sin come into the world.

I'm no Bible genius, though. So that's all I can say.

superjeff64 said:
I hate it when people like you whine about why God let this happen, he did NOT let it happen, people made it happen, God only created a pathway and told us to stay on the path and be rewarded, get off the path and be punished, but given an opportunity to get back on the path. And science cannot say a religion is real or not since science explains things that are natural NOT supernatural, and there's really no way to say a religion is real or not, it's just all about faith and if you don't like it don't believe it.
P.S.: Hoe does the last parentheses support your claim?

And to put on top of FF65's reasoning, we are all punished and bad things will happen to us in this lifetime

I never said that, but to answer your question..... yes and no. No because God loves us and will never punish us with anything we can't handle with. Yes because his orders were straight forward, do not eat the fruit of the fruit of the forbidden tree of knowledge of good and evil.

P.S.: That's another thing that gets on my nerves, people calling the fruit an apple.

Well, I think Jesus DID existed, but I dismiss any supernatural stuff that happened to him (virgin birth, wine to water, etc). This is sort of a deist practice. And 9/11 is actually a great event in the people's point of view where the terrorists came from.

IMO, I personally dismiss religion, but I don't go and vanquish other people's thoughts. Maybe there is a god in the universe. Who knows? It is an unknown world out there. Dark Matter and Dark Energy has not been widely studied as that of now and black holes are such a weird phenomenon that science can hardly explain.

More answers lead to more questions. Science cannot solve everything. Religion simplifies the unknown thoughts of our limits.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Well, I think Jesus DID existed, but I dismiss any supernatural stuff that happened to him (virgin birth, wine to water, etc). This is sort of a deist practice. And 9/11 is actually a great event in the people's point of view where the terrorists came from.

IMO, I personally dismiss religion, but I don't go and vanquish other people's thoughts. Maybe there is a god in the universe. Who knows? It is an unknown world out there. Dark Matter and Dark Energy has not been widely studied as that of now and black holes are such a weird phenomenon that science can hardly explain.

More answers lead to more questions. Science cannot solve everything. Religion simplifies the unknown thoughts of our limits.
There we go! Something that both sides can agree on.

Nina Einstein said:
Baby Luigi Lacertae said:

There we go! Something that both sides can agree on.
lolno

I can't and won't go around converting people on the internet, but I don't agree with it.

First, the thread should be "Do you believe in God?" Because most people may think God doesn't exists (I don't believe in him either) but I think everyone knows there was a man called Jesus ages ago, who died at 33 years old.
Just there's people, like me, that doesn't believe in the fact that he resurrected, as anybody asides from him has been said or proved to be resurrected, or even reborn.
And also, I don't believe in that of Adan and Eva (if the names are different in each countries, sorry, but I'm from Chile, and you may know the rest) and is way too male chauvinist (I mean, a snake lured Eva to eat the apple, and she lead everyone to sin)

DyegoHalliwell said:
And also, I don't believe in that of Adan and Eva (if the names are different in each countries, sorry, but I'm from Chile, and you may know the rest) and is way too male chauvinist (I mean, a snake lured Eva to eat the apple, and she lead everyone to sin)
I'd say it would make more sense if you read it in the Bible. It is was Satan who was the snake.

Nina Einstein said:
P.S.: That's another thing that gets on my nerves, people calling the fruit an apple.
That's what they called the fruit when I learned it so I always think of it as an apple even though it could be any fruit.

Nina Einstein said:
That's what they called the fruit when I learned it so I always think of it as an apple even though it could be any fruit.
It was mistakenly called like that because it's original latin root malus means evil as an adjective but apple as a noun. You'll be surprise how many misinterpretations there are in the English Bible [teaching]

Fawfulfury65 said:
DyegoHalliwell said:
I'd say it would make more sense if you read it in the Bible. It was Satan who was the snake.
Yes and no, it wasn't a snake until later. It is, as described, basically a snake with legs, if any of you read the right chapter in Genesis it says that the animal was now punish as a symbol and reminder to the humans of their great wrongdoing, and is forced to crawl on its belly and eat dust (that's most likely to make it poetic).

Oh, okay, I'm sorry for my mistakes.
But anyway, I've just listened about, and it seems too male chauvinist, because she (read it at loud, SHE) eat the fruit and bring the sin to the world.
Anyway, returning to the first I said, this thread should be Do you believe in God, for the reasons said before.

Nina Einstein said:
I hate it when people like you whine about why God let this happen, he did NOT let it happen, people made it happen. And science cannot say a religion is real or not since science explains things that are natural NOT supernatural, and there's really no way to say a religion is real or not, it's just all about faith and if you don't like it don't believe it.
P.S.: Hoe does the last parentheses support your claim?
First off, I'm not whining, I'm just stating my opinon. And OK, people made those events happen, but from a Christian's point of view, God created everything including the people who caused those events, so God (indirectly) let those things happen. As for my parentheses, I was just trying to give examples that science does exist.

DyegoHalliwell said:
Oh, okay, I'm sorry for my mistakes.
But anyway, I've just listened about, and it seems too male chauvinist, because she (read it at loud, SHE) eat the fruit and bring the sin to the world.
Anyway, returning to the first I said, this thread should be Do you believe in God, for the reasons said before.
As sexist this is to believe, God made the male to be the leader of others, but he finds nothing wrong with why females can't be leaders, there's no restriction (today's society) and basically Adam had more experience in the garden of eden the Eve, since Eve was created later and was more prone to deception, not because of her gender.

superjeff64 said:
Nina Einstein said:
I hate it when people like you whine about why God let this happen, he did NOT let it happen, people made it happen. And science cannot say a religion is real or not since science explains things that are natural NOT supernatural, and there's really no way to say a religion is real or not, it's just all about faith and if you don't like it don't believe it.
P.S.: How does the last parentheses support your claim?
First off, I'm not whining, I'm just stating my opinon. And OK, people made those events happen, but from a Christian's point of view, God created everything including the people who caused those events, so God (indirectly) let those things happen. As for my parentheses, I was just trying to give examples that science does exist.
Let me answer those backwards. Ok I get your point. Second, try to understand what I said also and incorporate it into your logic.

Filburt Turtle said:
It was probably a fig, but it could very well have been a special type of apple.
Years of misinterpretation made it an apple, fig, tomato, grapes, wheat, quince, pomegranate, carob, etrog, citron, pear, and datura, or even a fruit that no longer exist and was never recorded. Like I say, you'll be amazed of how many misinterpretations are in the English Bible [teaching], but who knows, possibly it is an apple, nobody knows, maybe the next time I go back in time and chill out with Adam, I'll ask him.

Nina Einstein said:
Second, try to understand what I said also and incorporate it into your logic.
Skip to the bottom if you dont want to bother reading my whole post.

Well, about the "staying on the path and get rewarded, get off the path and get punished", I can see some evidence that this is true as I've donated some money during my sophomore year in high school year and my class got a pizza party (I did something nice for the less fortunate and got somethign nice for myself in return), and as a kid whenever I did some dishonest things and got punished (I walked off the path and got punished). But there's also evidence that this isn't true as I'm far more well-behaved than my friends in real life yet their incredibly spoiled as they have TONS of good Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, along with multiple game consoles (N64, GC, Wii, PS, XBOX, etc.) and have normal childhoods (at least compared to mine) and (I don't like using a cartoon as an example but its the best I can do) In The Simpsons, Flanders is basically God's biggest worshipper as he's pretty much downright obssessed with the lord yet he doesn't exactly have a good life as his wife's dead, he has a jackass neighbor, his kids aren't really tough enough to stand up for themselves, and is usually disliked or regarded as a geek by the rest of Springfield. I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes your path theory is true, other times, it isn't.

PokemonMaster said:
We still need to lock this so it doesn't get bumped in 2 years or so.
OH MY GOD.

SHUT THE F*CK UP.

WE ARE NOT LOCKING THIS.

THIS HAS ACTUAL INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION.

THIS THREAD IS FINE.

YOU ARE SCREWING IT UP.

TRY BEING SERIOUS FOR ONCE.

NOW GTFO.

I AM GETTING SO SICK OF YOU.

Back