the official "u did it" thread

Re: pretend you did (x) thing in the past few weeks and try to call it noteworthy

went to a fair was literally gagged upon while on a ride

on the bright side the rides were fun up to that point, and I got fried oreos which were amazing

Re: pretend you did (x) thing in the past few weeks and try to call it noteworthy

Freakworld said:
I've managed to memorize all the japanese Hiragana and Katakana...

...and it only took a mere 1 1/2 months!

めんどうだよなあ、ぜんぶおぼえるなんて。あとはかんじとかをマスターするんだな!

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
Freakworld said:
I've managed to memorize all the japanese Hiragana and Katakana...

...and it only took a mere 1 1/2 months!

めんどうだよなあ、ぜんぶおぼえるなんて。あとはかんじとかをマスターするんだな!

mendeudayonaa, zenbuoboerunante. atoha kanji okawo masutaa surundana!

or something like that

Smg2Daisy already knows this one. Got laptop access. Wifi won't fucking connect on it. Damnit.
The wireless is under less strain so I'll see if it works this time
(btw i'm typing this from my computer that i rarely get to use :()

Applied for an apartment. There were only 5 units available and apparently I was the 56th person to apply, lame

I was dancing in class, and my teacher came in right when it became edgy. Dammit. She called me a madman.

Performed in my school production of Les Miserables every night since Wednesday. I played the Bishop, Fauchelevent and a part in the chorus. Really great experience.

got dota 2 to run

that took forever

EDIT: it won't work
that was a waste

Hilary Briss said:
Performed in my school production of Les Miserables every night since Wednesday. I played the Bishop, Fauchelevent and a part in the chorus. Really great experience.
we're studying that literary period of time (realism) in French class. It's a pretty good book among others imo

I've found a new main in SSB4, 'twas beautiful.

who?

I went for a job interview, and got the job.

Cleaning tables and sweeping the floor at a cafe in a garden centre, the manager seems very keen to get me to be able to go behind counter as well as serving coffee and food from the carvery.

I've had university exams the past few weeks. And my Wii U just happened to be away being fixed, so I couldn't use it for procrastination.

It wasn't intentional, but it worked out pretty well.

Anyway, I have my final exam tomorrow. It's physics. I've decided I hate physics.

we had a german research thing to do because our teacher was not here, and we had an easy job using the internet.

Lakituthequick said:
I painted the forums black.
What do you mean by this?

Successfully negotiated, along with 215 or so others, with the School Board to unban Skype and some other social media. I need my actual iPad to use it, though, and it may take a couple of weeks.
Instagram wasn't unbanned though. Damnit, now everyone's gonna complain.

Freakworld said:
Dr. John H. Watson said:
So I've tried installing Steam today

turns out that Steam does not want to connect to its server through a proxy such as in my school network even if it was technically possible (bc i can)

instead we have to tunnel the proxy and make steam believe it connects directly to its server

so me and another guy dig up a program that does precisely that, only problem is that it wont work even not after looking up a complex tutorial.

also turns out that ofc you need to configure som .msi network settings to get the thing to work

and heres the problem

the program wants you to restart to apply the changes

but when you restart the pc MySHN deletes and resets all of those configurements (i have already moved all the installation files of minecraft steam etc to my own private account but .msi settings always get resetted no matter what).

So there is a way to prevent MySHN from booting by entering the password in the 3 secs before it boots to get to a menu from where you can start without synchronisation

and i happen to have that password

BUT

the keyboards in our school do not work/are not configured to work before the actual system boots.

And thats where i am right now, keyboard wont work so i cant enter the password. meh.

Next thing ill try is bring my usb keyboard from home and try to preconfigure it, or else bring up the BIOS and do some shit idek.
The guy who sat next to me had the fabulous idea of just manually connecting to a VPN past the proxy server of our school.

That instantly solved all of our problems. We were able to view any website thus effectively voiding the webfilter, and we were able to connect to our steam accounts.

However the problem is that as soon as you disconnect from the vpn steam kicks you out (well the shop and the library still work as long as youve loaded them once with the VPN on).

HOWEVER, if you start a download with the vpn on it somehow continues past that. The pc for some reason didnt want to start the pac-man game thats currently free (i donwloaded it and it just wouldnt start), but the guy next to me had super meat boy installed on his usb driver and he managed to boot it via steam.

so basically all we have to do is install whatever shit we want onto an usb driver and boot it on the school pc from our steam accounts.

idk if online play works but most likely seeing as it uses a similar port to what steam connects through and we were also able to circumvent that.
Last state was that I installed Call of Duty 2 to my account, multiplayer didn't work because the no-disc client wouldn't boot.

Well now our teacher has finally realized that his security system sucks and made it harder to install things.

Didn't prevent me from just going into that good ol stationary account again, let it install and copy all the installation files into my school account so i doesnt get deleted.

Basically you cannot get admin perms anymore while youre logged in which interferes with some things but its not too bad really as you can still use the stationary account.

About 1/6 of the school server space has now been used up by people installing steam games, cod2, minecraft and LoL.

Could get funny if the teacher checks the remaining disc space next time because some guys brought TF2 on a usb drive which is ~18GB (note: the server has a collective space of 1 Terrabyte)

Stargazing said:
Lakituthequick said:
Stargazing said:
Lakituthequick said:
I painted the forums black.
What do you mean by this?
Anti-burn-your-eyes-at-night.
darkForum.png
Oh, what theme is that?
Self-made, I named it "SMB Styles" for the sake of a name.

Back