the official "u did it" thread

Mr. Edo said:
"I have it bad, therefore all other problems are invalid"

Nobody is denying that the situation in Venezuela is a big problem. But you don't have to be a dick about it.

That was not my intention , that's why i said

Not to spark controversy though , just throwing that in there.

Just a comment , not need to insult me over it , but it's expected.

Sorry about it.

simply saying "not to spark controversy" won't and shouldn't absolve you from blame

that's like saying "but no offense" after brutally insulting someone

just because your country may have worse problems than another country does not at all invalidate the problems they face, which is the impression your post is giving off regardless of the "not to spark controversy" comment

Yeah, no. You can't just attach "This isn't controversial" to a clearly controversial statement and expect that to negate all criticism of said comment. You still said what you said, and people are free to react to it.

Also, don't think I overlooked the "but it's expected" in your backhanded apology. I know it's easier to perceive yourself as a victim of unprovoked aggression instead of having to face criticism, but I didn't call your remark dickish just for the hell of it. I called it such because that's what it came across as. Here's why:

You listed two cherrypicked examples of issues in the USA in an attempt to devalue the country's problems as a whole. You present these examples as the worst the country has to deal with, but they are just surface glances at the deeper, underlying problems in the country. Need I remind you that in the not too distant past people in the USA have actually been shot just for being gay, or otherwise not fitting the norm. That is not an isolated case either: People are being killed for all sorts of asinine reasons, and the current political situation is further empowering people with these kinds of mindsets.

This is an absolutely real and dangerous problem, and a significant number of people fear for their lives because of it. Devaluing that fear by pitting it against other cases of suffering and ranking it on a scale is disrespectful both to US citizens and also the citizens of countries you are pitting them against. Don't turn the suffering of people into a game by trying to find who's the "winner". Doing that is a dick move, hence you're going to be called out for doing it.

For the record , i said that it was expected because you seemed offended by what i said , so even if you insulted me i don't exactly blame you nor i am surprised because , like i said you probably took offense.

Not gonna argue , im over it.

Missed 6 potentially important phone calls because my phone had the brilliant idea to not fucking ring at all. Despite being at max volume. Too late to call back now at midnight.

i posted in this thread today

Other than 3 assignments, which are all done digitally, I can say that I've completed by first year at university.

Just received an e-mail today from the Chair of the Department of English and Communications at my university that fourteen English and Communications majors will be honored next Friday at a Humanities Award Ceremony for their high GPAs for the fall 2016 semester, and will receive honors pins for that term... and I'm one of them! Beyond excited and honored, I'm literally floored and speechless at the moment!!

[quote author= link=topic=4688.msg1930092#msg1930092 date=1493854662]
Just received an e-mail today from the Chair of the Department of English and Communications at my university that fourteen English and Communications majors will be honored next Friday at a Humanities Award Ceremony for their high GPAs for the fall 2016 semester, and will receive honors pins for that term... and I'm one of them! Beyond excited and honored, I'm literally floored and speechless at the moment!!
[/quote]

Congratulations Packy! After all the crap you've gone through with us about bugging you about papers and stuff in Discord you deserve it <3

[quote author= link=topic=4688.msg1930092#msg1930092 date=1493854662]
[/quote]congratulations packy!

Back