What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
I finished 6-8 and now I'm on the final boss, even though I know one of the users said they didn't like it, (if I remember correctly it was Zelen) and it seems okay but with its jumping attack being annoying. Maybe that's more me than the objective quality though

can verify i am the one who feels like its the low point of the game. thinking about the dkc2 final boss in comparison and it feels lik ethat one has a lot of things it does better, like completely different phases and also not getting increasingly harder to hit

can verify i am the one who feels like its the low point of the game. thinking about the dkc2 final boss in comparison and it feels lik ethat one has a lot of things it does better, like completely different phases and also not getting increasingly harder to hit
I played Tropical Freeze 30 more minutes and I'm definitely starting to veer towards disliking the boss now. I hate that it has a jump where you're screwed even if you start running away from its destination because the jump is so intrusively low that you'll get damage if you have to get over magma, and how sometimes you get hurt for jumping on it even if you're not that close to the horns. I went ahead and exited the level to equip an extra heart I bought from Funky because I know that means it's less hard, but I want to get it over with more quickly

but you gotta admit that it has a banger of a final boss theme
admitedly i thought it was unremarkable and it just got grating after a while. its the low point in terns of music to me too and i feel like the other rock boss themes were better

admitedly i thought it was unremarkable and it just got grating after a while. its the low point in terns of music to me too and i feel like the other rock boss themes were better
Same with me but to be fair, Tropical Freeze's soundtrack was kinda just okay for me in general and not a candle's worth to Donkey Kong Country 2's amazing soundtrack. (despite actually not having played the latter game) Almost all of the rest of the game is really good though as it just kinda feels like it has more intricacy put into it than most of the main series 2D Mario platformers, especially in terms of item collection as the puzzle pieces and K-O-N-G are more fun than just three star coins every level.

i should note that i do absolutely adore the rest of the soundtrack but that one song was just. ok to kinda annoying

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All
Did all of the second half investigation in Turnabout Big Top today, and I'm on the beginning of Acro's testimony, as the case at least seems like it's getting slightly better now.

i only turned on spore creatures super briefly to test one thing and ended up making a turtle
unknown.png

what you do not get to see here (unless you somehow (i think im the only person in the world who played this) already have knowledge of the game and can notice the parts used and the ! in the bottom left) is the fact that its maxed out on its speed stat. it runs incredibly fast and can run even faster for a short while and bump into every wall ever

Splatoon 3 (which also happens to be my FIRST Splatoon game). I have a habit of taking a screenshot whenever I splat someone (which usually puts me at a disadvantage, but I don't care)

Cars 2 for the PS3 on the RPCS3 emulator

What a very fun game, I enjoy it a lot (despite my game not playing at optimal speed), some of the missions can even be challenging to get gold on (such as the survive missions). I managed to get the DLC guys downloaded and I'm having a lot of fun being Boost, though there are many characters I love being such as Miguel and Wingo.

BLES01242_screenshot_2022_09_27_02_53_41.png

I few weeks ago I beat oblivion.

When Martin said "it's akatosh time" and akatosh'd all over the place I cried, truly one of the moments of all time.

If you loved Cars 2, please do yourself a favor and consider playing Cars 3: Driven to Win

I want to play that too. Even though the characters I loved being here aren't playable in this, we do get Ms. Fritter and Cruz.

My sister does know how to use Ryujinx but I suppose I could try buying it on Switch.

Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Good games but I strongly feel they're quite far from being the pinnacles of gaming, especially considering how old they are and they have annoyances from their era that prevent me from fully liking them.

Cash Banooca 4: In a Big Tent (100% completion)

literally missed 5 FUCKING boxes in off-balance smh

EDIT: it was 5 not 3

Last edited:
I restarted Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, this is my family now:

Peter (Torchic)
Adam (Zigzagoon)
Aiden (Wurmple)
Amy (Poochyena)
Sara (Wingull)
Naomi (Lotad)
Leon (Surskit)
Lily (Taillow)

Trainz: A New Era

I have a route installed in my game that's supposed to be a beta for a hybrid Island of Sodor route ('hybrid' in the context of Trainz and TTTE generally refers to something that combines elements of The Railway Series and the TV series) that when I tried to use it, it would load up buildings and scenery but no tracks, so I just assume that I was missing whatever tracks were used in making this route and (one day) I'll have to find an install those missing assets.

No big deal, I got a few other Island of Sodor routes I can use.

Yeah no it turns out that the route is so big (even though it's unfinished - remember it is a beta route) that it takes like 5 minutes to load everything including the track.

Anyways, I then proceeded to do this in the route:
TANE_IQrwQ6Jqk7.png

It's a recreation of the cover art for Troublesome Engines

decided to play my switch today. after plugging it in because i was certain that it was super dead after TWO MONTHS, i turn it on and its just. at 100%? after updating the system and starting to play it started going down as if nothing happened? my procon was out of charge at this point too and usually if i leave my switch for a week it dies. also considering its an old model so it has bad battery life. i have NO CLUE in the world what happened here. as far as i can tell its. fine?????
anyway i played tropical freeze. playing it and reflecting upon this other fast 2d platformer i went feral over ... fancy pants is definitely much more momentum based with its controls, dkctf is more methodical or so? i should compare them to rayman later. all i remember from playing briefly is that i did not like having to hold down the run button and that fancy pants also achieves the thing it does better
on a related note i just realised that my habit of holding the jump button just before jumping onto an enemy or a spring in fancy pants Was definitely because of dkctf. even though i play these on completely different platforms it still applies. funky isnt it
also i almost beat bopopolis first try and then a penguin slapped me and i died

SPEAKING OF PENGUINS
also one of the weidest spontaneous decisions i had is just . up and downloading tux racer. it was free! it was an old 3d pc game! also i like tux paint and have been using it since i was like 8!
so first impressions: this music is frickin awesome THe reaso i wanted to download it was in fact because of the race theme which ive known about for like... since i was a yoing kid. but this is the first time im hearing all of the other music and its just
penguin.gif

tux's model is not great but the rest of the game does look pretty nice i especially like how reflective the ice is
unknown.png

frickin love the vibes of early 3d pc games. im glad i can have this one to heck around with without the baggage of being a h*rry p*tter game or . idk rayman 3
ive been playing some levels and its p fun

Back