What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Yes, I still play this game. Still trying to beat Master Core on intensity 8.0 with Kirby. Those Master Edges have been giving me a whole lot of trouble, although I did manage to beat them once (before dying instantly to Master Shadow). I tried equipping Kirby to become part of the Bruiser class, but he took a huge hit on defense and it probably wasn't the smartest decision for this boss. Probably just need to stick with vanilla Kirby...unless y'all have suggestions, of course.

Mario Golf: World Tour

Ah, World Tour...the defining experience of my early 3DS days. Haven't played this game at all in over two years, and yet my skills seem to be coming back naturally. I forgot just how many hours I logged into this game. It's every bit as fun now as it was when I first got this game with my 3DS.

Official tournaments are dead it seems, and have been since January of 2019 apparently. There are still a fair few dedicated players hosting unofficial tournaments at least. Also got to have my first real taste of the DLC since I hadn't really used it before. Gold Mario's absolutely insane for coin grinding.

Also I learned recently that Mario Golf games actually sold a whole lot worse than Mario Tennis games. Guess it's no wonder we've gotten two Mario Tennis games and no Mario Golfs since this one. But if this really is the last Mario Golf, it definitely went out with a bang.

Eh, give 'em a year or two and we'll probably have Mario Golf on the Switch.
I do hope so but the sales figures of Advance Tour, World Tour and even Sports Superstars are just sad. Maybe they just don't see it as profitable anymore. But then again, there was quite a big gap between Advance Tour and World Tour (9 years), so there might still be one in the pipeline.

Mario Kart DS

Beat World 1 in Mission Mode with three stars, and won the gold trophy on 100cc Mushroom Cup. I forgot how painful drifting was in this game but it's still pretty fun, and this was also my first experience with Mission Mode. It was cool.

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

I've done World 4 now, and this game isn't quite as bad as I remember it being. I don't want to speak too soon, but I think I may actually be enjoying it more then Galaxy? I feel that it's far more consistent in terms of quality, besides one level (Beep Block Skyway) there's nothing I felt that's as bad as the stuff I didn't like in Galaxy.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Yes, I still play this game. Still trying to beat Master Core on intensity 8.0 with Kirby. Those Master Edges have been giving me a whole lot of trouble, although I did manage to beat them once (before dying instantly to Master Shadow). I tried equipping Kirby to become part of the Bruiser class, but he took a huge hit on defense and it probably wasn't the smartest decision for this boss. Probably just need to stick with vanilla Kirby...unless y'all have suggestions, of course.
Eh, this is a tough one because it's Smash Bros. for Wii U.

As with any Kirby boss, you just need to identify the patterns of a boss attack (Master Edges for instance) and figure out intervals when you need to attack and when you need to be dodgy and defensive. Maybe along the way, you can equip some vampire effects on you so you heal a bit during attacks, which is helpful in a pinch. Instead of using just bruiser, go for a mix between bruiser and defense. Your mobility takes a hit but I think your shield's quality is improved, you take less damage, you don't launch as far, and you can deal more damage. I'm not sure what specials Kirby has that can be helpful beyond the single-hit final cutter. Inhale ones don't seem useful, and the Stones and Hammers seem to be too laggy.

Beat World 1 in Mission Mode with three stars, and won the gold trophy on 100cc Mushroom Cup. I forgot how painful drifting was in this game but it's still pretty fun, and this was also my first experience with Mission Mode. It was cool.
it's actually really rewarding to know how to snake. it breaks the game.

Super Mario 3D All Stars - Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo Switch)

61/121 Power Stars as Mario currently.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I always felt that my Wii library had a few gaping holes left in it, and this game was certainly one of the biggest. Well, I have this game now, so it's time to jump into something new: Subspace!

I beat the first three stages of The Subspace Emissary on Normal difficulty, putting my completion of the mode at 5%. It's pretty fun and one of the more unique modes in Smash, never mind being a big reason I got this game over Melee (although price was a factor too). I also played Normal Classic Mode as Kirby, unlocked Captain Falcon, and played a few rounds of versus mode.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Had this strong urge to replay the gem stages again, was not disappointed.

20201104232358_1.jpg

Mario Sports Superstars

Felt an urge to boot this game up again, considering I haven't done so in over two years. Apparently I still hadn't completed the Champion's Cup in Soccer or Baseball (I went ahead and completed the latter), although I was only missing about ten or so of the collectible cards (though I am only missing four at the time of writing. Certainly not a bad game, in fact it's actually quite good, but I can see why most aren't so keen on this game, considering most of these sports have dedicated Mario games already (a problem Mario Sports Mix didn't have). I enjoyed my time with it though, and I also went ahead and ordered a pack of the amiibo cards--I'd intended to get a pack for a while, but I was never really able to.

Still need to beat the Champion's Cup for Soccer, not to mention the plethora of Star Characters I'm still missing in every sport. But I've also got a backlog consisting of Kirby's Epic Yarn, The Subspace Emissary in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and the DLC content of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Might play more later but I want to finish that stuff before adding to that list.

Got twenty-something stars as Luigi so far, kinda wish I could play in handheld mode without needing to use the touch screen.

:mario: - 120/121 Stars.
:luigi: - 61/121 Stars.

:mario: - 120/121 Stars.
:luigi: - 91/121 Stars.

Old School RuneScape

Finally beat goddamn Mourning's End Part II. Christ that Quest was a pain in the ass. It's not hard, it's just long and frustrating.

Save File - Mario.jpg
Save File - Luigi.jpg

Will probably hold off a bit before 100%-ing Sunshine.

Last edited:
i havent played rayman origins in over 2 months and i really missed it so its about time i started a new playthrough. which ive been planning to do for the better part of the year maybe! also maybe if i really miss playing a game i should just play it what a novel concept
anyway my intentions on this playthrough is to get every electoon, lum medal and time attack trophy on a level before i can move on to the next one. basically im just going for entirely 100% da game here folks
stopped after beating best original score (2-2) because i just wanted pizza, and as by my rules i have every electoon, medal and trophy thus far 😎
(note no im still not a rayman fan anymore but this game is really really fun so i dont CARE!!!!!!!!!!)

Back