What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Just beat Chapter 3...yep, this is still among my favorite chapters in the game. Got the green Yoshi partner (named him Chuck this time; it was Spike last time). Also got the Quick Change badge from the star piece guy, so even though it costs seven BP compared to the previous game's four, it was tough going back to playing without it and it's really nice having it again. Also have Charge P now, so Charged Multibonk Redux before I'm even halfway through the game. I love it.

Also, just going to say that I love the way Bowser just unexpectedly challenges Mario before he can save or heal. It's so cheap, and yet...so Bowser.

Ok, now I just stopped before starting with Riverside station in chapter 6.

Imma see why people love this chapter so much and call it the best in the game. Will it beat chapter 3? Or 5?

Imma see why people love this chapter so much and call it the best in the game. Will it beat chapter 3? Or 5?
imo it's one of the worst in fact probably the worst, i didn't like the story of chapter 6 all that much and the gameplay is mostly non existent. the excess express at dusk music on the other hand is divine, clocking in at number VIII on my list iirc

Ehhhh I doubt it's any worse than Chapter 4. Chapter 4 is genuinely frustrating and is the one big thing that would probably prevent me from playing the game a second time. If gameplay is non-existent here then at least it's not like bad to the point where it's making me upset, right? SO far this one's chill. Granted so far I'm impartial to it and it desperately needs some good gameplay to redeem itself but Riverside station is apparently this chapter's "dungeon" so I'll see how good that is, at least.

The Sims 4

06-08-20_11-17-48 PM.png

A new way to kill Wario: piss him off until he dies.

Ehhhh I doubt it's any worse than Chapter 4. Chapter 4 is genuinely frustrating and is the one big thing that would probably prevent me from playing the game a second time. If gameplay is non-existent here then at least it's not like bad to the point where it's making me upset, right? SO far this one's chill. Granted so far I'm impartial to it and it desperately needs some good gameplay to redeem itself but Riverside station is apparently this chapter's "dungeon" so I'll see how good that is, at least.
imo there's hardly such thing as BAD level design in paper mario. it's not like it's actually painful mentally or physically to backtrack to creepy steeple, it's just much less interesting than i'd like

Actually, hard disagree. Going to creepy steeple and back to Twilight town about 5 times in the same chapter, with the annoying enemy placements, and not having your partners for most of it (well you do get Vivian at some point but she's probably not as good as your other partners at that point due to still being at base level, although not bad) and the crazee dayzees who can decide to put you to sleep if you don't press A at the exact time, and even before twilight trail there is still some backtracking, like to open the town gate, you gotta go to the mayor but then come back directly, it's just a huge waste of time that serves no purpose at all.

And the story makes it worse for me. So Doopliss sealed the letter P so that no one can tell him his name and for some reason that makes him strong. That's such a dumb reason to be doing all this backtracking. I hate it so much. Literally the best thing about this chapter is finally getting to fight Doopliss at the end of the entire chapter because that's where it ends.

It's not just uninteresting, it's also outright the shittiest level design I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of shitty level design. Not even any SPM chapter is this horrible. Not even SPM chapter 6.

Minecraft - Solo Bedwars on Hypixel Server (Java)

honestly gotta say that unlike creating stuff and having a progressive survival world this really is just one of the things i play for the sole sake of entertainment and excitement in the short term and today was admittedly a bit more frustration than its worth.

game 1: was going around getting stuff but need to bridge, fireball out of nowhere, dead. i let another person kill my bed because of the strategy i was using.

game 2: tried to build a wall around my base, again my bed got destroyed and the same player came back and i was like ok they're just leather with wood sword i can take them then out of nowhere another fireball comes out and i'm fliying, i land with 1.5 hearts and they finish me off easily.

game 3: i was again going for a defensive strategy, just haivng a bridge to a diamond generator, then one person came over, i exhausted both my fireballs triyng to get them off the bridge, but they survived and got on top of my base and now what am i going to do i can't get up there to kill them because they can knock me into the void and i can't afford a death, i just have to stay alert so i did and they pounced on me and i was ready for combat but then they pulled out a knockback stick and comboed me and i barely realised what was happening, i did my best to survive but it was too late i got knocked into the void and they got my bed. i killed them but they still had a bed and respawned and came back. this time i even went out of my way to destroy their bridge and get a punch bow but they bridged over real quick whilst i was getting diamonds and did it again. this time i didn't know what to do so i went over to the diamond island to bow them down and got them below half health, but then they started building walls, i used both my fireballs to get them but had no more, then they ran into my base to shop or sth and i was like ok this is my chance and i ran in and somehow they were just there and knocked me off with the knockback stick.

honestly i think i'm better off using my time to play something that actually makes me happy rather than just exciting me but ultimately ending up dissappointing or frustrating more ofthen than not

Last edited:

Cleared the infamous Chapter 4, and...nothing has changed in that this is still my third-favorite chapter in the game, after 6 and 3. Yeah, Twilight Trail can be really annoying if you try to fight every enemy (especially because you have to traverse it a total of 6 times), but they're simple enough to avoid, and doing so makes the area much more tolerable. The level design isn't great but that didn't stop me from enjoying what is probably the most epic chapter in the whole game.

And hey, nothing in this chapter is as bad as General White in Chapter 7.

I too last played Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

And I finished Chapter 6. And tbh...

It's not that amazing. Or anything special. It's not bad by any means, but nothing of interest really happens before you get to Riverside station. once you do get there tho that's where the chapter picks up. Smorg is also a really good boss battle, and admittedly, I did form some attachment to the train NPCs over the course of the chapter, like I did with the Glitzpit fighters, so there was some emotional investment, so at the end of the day, I enjoyed the chapter...

But I still don't get why people love it as much as they do. "But K-Koops, the mystery! It's... It's epic, deep story" it's not. And even if it was it's inconsequential because really, all you end up doing during that time is going back and forth between Pennington and the other rooms (Not that I'd consider it backtracking because the train is so small), and it makes you wish that you could get to actual gameplay already. All this chapter is to me, is a little change of pace from all the insufferable level design that we had to deal with most of the time, it's short and sweet, and that's about it. And that's perfectly fine. I needed a chapter like that. I think this chapter is better than 1 and 4, maybe slightly better than 5, but not as good as 2.

I certainly am not looking forward to the beginning of the next chapter tho... geebus.

they're simple enough to avoid

Tell that to the Crazee Dayzee they put right next to that place where you have to become paper thin. And no matter what way you look at it, even avoiding the enemies doesn't save this chapter from being a total slog. If anything avoiding enemies makes it even worse because not only it's bad now, but also boring since nothing's happening. And stripping you of all your partners after the first trip to the steeple doesn't help.

The Sims 4

I made Wario Sims all married to each other and made the lot flirty while giving them flirty traits, as well as be extremely jealous. You can guess how stable this household will be.
06-09-20_5-39-36 PM.png

06-09-20_6-02-02 PM.png

Don't worry, it's stable, everything is working out juuuuust fine. That first Wario had like, 7 angry buffs with two boosters, it's just normal, healthy, everyday emotions in the life of the Sim.

Don't do polygamy, kids.

Paper Mario 64

we beat chapter 7 and oh my god this chapter was so creative with the mirror thing. and funny with partner duplications. and that shiver mountain music.

boss was pretty cool and i honestly wasn't expecting it to be easy as it was. i at first used lakilester to kill the ice bits around him since goombario said he needed those to attack, but he kept freezing me anyway so i decided i needed to try something else. i started using watt and at first it wasn't succeeding but eventually with some button mashing i got it to work and killed his remaining HP (which was over half) solely by using power shock and never allowing him to attack.

Beat Chapter 5, and it was fun chapter indeed. Also recruited Ms. Mowz, so I have all 7 partners now, and I ultra-ranked Goombella...now she can do everything Goombario can and give Mario a second turn. I also used a Power Plus badge, which helped a lot in utterly destroying Cortez and Crump. It doesn't get much more OP than that, at least until I get the ultra boots/hammer and the second Power Plus badge.

Paper Mario 64

i got to the screen which introduces chapter 8 after you jump in the flying vessel and that scene was really atmospheric, i'm really looking forward to the remainder of this game.

The Sims 4

Okay, I contained the Warios in little prison chambers with just a grill on a cursed lot, now let's wait until a fire gets-

5 seconds later

06-11-20_12-02-31 AM.png

..........okay

Cleared Chapter 6, and this is still my favorite chapter in the game. Nothing better than three days of crime-solving on a train. Also got the Timing Tutor badge, so hopefully that'll help me with stylish moves (I never did figure out how to do those). Also I decided that I plan to do the Pit of 100 Trials this time around (I only did the first one in SPM during my Paper Mario marathon last summer), and the wiki showed some pretty appetizing rewards for doing so, so I'll start on that once I clear chapter 7.

Damn you're already catching up to me

I still just got into Fahr Outpost. And am not looking forward for what awaits there.

paper mario 64

played bowser's castle, it's really good, got up to the bit after the enemy quiz. or if there's more than one of those, idk, then i just beat the first one

Pretty sure that's right before the final battle, actually.

Back