What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)

Played an online tournament and unlocked Luma, and also played a few rounds of Yoshi's Ring Shot online. I also won the Mushroom Cup!

Super Mario Bros. (Switch)

Beat World 1. Attempted to beat World 2 but kept dying on 2-4. I'm using the continue trick though, so I don't have to start the entire game over when I see the dreaded Game Over screen.

Adventures of Lolo (Switch)

A very different game from all the others I've played lately. It's fun, though. It's like a puzzle game of sorts, although there are enemies that can really make things difficult.

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu.

Battled someone locally for the first time. His team was wayyy overleveled and crushed me in the first match. But I managed to win the second time because I'm a more experienced battler and figured out his play style, lol.

Dragalia Lost

1/2 Cost for EXP maps and double Stamina regen makes it effectively 1/4 Cost. I levelled up all the characters for my teams in a day so I can solo the Master Dragons now. Brunhilda goes down like a sack of bricks.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

Literally unavoidable sludge traps ruining my apples and berries on floor 1. Confuse Ray blocking the path and making the AI run off and use 2 reviver seeds. Monster House. Fun times ahead.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

Beat World of Light 100% on Normal in about 24 hours. The final stage was super epic. I posted more in the "I just beat ____" thread, if you wanna look there.
Master Hand is officially my new Smash main.

Beat World 2, but since my princess is in another castle, I'd better go to World 3 (where I'll meet another Toad in the wrong castle directing me to another Toad in the wrong castle...oh when will the pain ever end?)

Super Smash Ultimate

Unlocked every fighter. Mewtwo was the last one I unlocked. And Incineroar is officially my main. I also had some fun with some guests who came at my house, and they were good at the game since they owned it.

At this point, I've been alternating between Nintendo Switch titles...
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Freedom Planet
  • Yooka-Laylee
  • Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy
  • Kirby Star Allies

Unlocked all three Yoshi colors from the online co-op challenge, and beat the Star Cup! Tried to find some opponents online so I could earn points towards plumber Luigi, but no dice.

Beat World 3, discovered that yet again my princess is in another castle, so I have to go to the next world where my princess isn't at just because a Toad told me to. That's just low, Toad. I'm trying to do a no-warp run as well, so I'll have to live through four more trickster Toads. Stop misdirecting me and just point me to the princess already!

Mario Tennis Aces

Unlocked the last Yoshi colour in co-op challenge. Now to unlock overalls Luigi, but it's hard to find someone online. I'm on the finals though.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Online is more fun when I swap character every game, I don't get stuck in bad habits as much (that's what I like to tell myself). Will always hate fighting Links and Dedede though. I can't believe Dedede is the only character that got away with not losing his taunt in the taunt ban. Online is still 80% shit and it's honestly so difficult to enjoy playing when there's any noticeable delay. Sometimes I just go to the edge and let people get easy hits to knock me off so I don't have to fight them and technically bypass the warnings. I play Corrin in the rotation now.

Fate/Grand Order

First Hassan eludes me. I guess I'll be keeping Mata Hari on my support screen for now for shits and jgiggles, nobody uses Assassin supports that aren't Jack anyway. I did use Mata Hari against the final boss of Part 1 so she is my mvp assassin. Very Good VA :thumbup:. Waver+Lunchtime and Lv100 Raikou+Kscope net me a lot of friend points. I hope the people who accepted my friend request when I was new have noticed me.
hDkF1VF.jpg

Dragalia Lost

EX Rank Luck. Got Sarisse, I didn't particularly need her but my Fire team is pretty lacking so it'll help. Double resistance is 'powercreep' but I have a tough time caring when (almost) all content is low difficulty and clearable with whoever you like. High Dragon Trials have a limited character pool and stricter dragon requirements so more characters existing that can participate in them isn't a negative, it's not like there's a leaderboard with exclusive rewards to worry about. Let's hope it stays that way permanently.
ShdJAbU.jpg

map4yfV.jpg

sD8UYfA.jpg

BN717YE.jpg

6dB5WC5.jpg

YBEqAiP.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

Played online on this game for the first time. I'm doing pretty well and won quite a few matches. Being able to customize my Fighter Tag was pretty cool; I made a pink one with Ultra Sword Kirby on it. Also, being able to find players online while playing other modes is a genius idea and should be used in every game!

It's somewhat hard to find tournament matches on this game, but I got lucky today and found quite a few opponents. I got to the finals but haven't found an opponent there yet. I now have just under 800 participation points, so I'm well on my way to get Plumber Luigi.

Cleared World 4 and rescued...another Toad. Oh, what's that? I'm in the wrong castle? Again? How about you Toads just stop misdirecting me and let me save the real princess! ...Wait, what's that? You do it just to make my journey longer? Give me a break. At least I'm halfway through my journey now...

Ever Oasis

I have no fucking clue what I'm doing anymore.

Fate/Extra

I was gonna play this a while ago but I don't have a PSP and it's not downloadable on Vita, so I took the back road. I liked the opening even though it was literally F/SN with some minor changes until some characters like Leo showed up. I know the basic gist of the Extraverse so I knew it was a simulation and that the NPC I was playing as wasn't what the avatar looks like. It pulled off the creepy vibe well.

I thought about going with Saber since apparently she's much better in this game then her subsequent appearances (Also she's the most basic choice), but I decided on just going with Caster even though she is a huge pain to keep alive in Rock-Paper-Scissors; the game. Fortunately I have the great power of save states.

Not only did I win an online tournament for the first time, but I also beat Adventure Mode! (Funnily enough, I actually broke Lucien before the final battle, lol) It was a bit easy, but some harder challenges showed up after the final boss, so I'm looking forward to those.

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

Started a new save file, and I'm attempting a "friendless" run through Story Mode. Obviously it can't be truly friendless, but I only make friends when necessary and unfriend them as soon as possible. The game is still pretty easy, but the lack of friends makes for a nice change of pace. Especially in the boss fights. I'm currently on Planet Popstar, the second world.

Fate/Extra

idk how the fuck anyone could play this game without save states. It's probably easier with Saber, I guess Caster can technically do some stun-locking stuff at this point but those first 3 rounds are a huge pain in the ass. Even now a few hits equals death. I'm always expecting Sakura to say something weird but I guess she plays no role in this game.

I appreciate the npc dialogue and how both the amount of them drop as they die and the ones that live get more serious along the way. Except for the **** on the second floor that keeps telling me to fuck off, he's been like that since day 1. I hope he's gone when I check to see who died last round.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

After getting 2 Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers, me and my bros played multiplayer for the first time in months, since playing with sideways Joycons isn't fun.We had a lot of fun choosing random characters most of the time and learning some new movesets.

Overwatch

vaulted over a Reinhardt's shield using Ashe's coach guns, unloaded a few shots in midair, and he was down as soon I hit the ground and immeaditely finished him with a crit to the head. I will never be this cool ever again

Metro 2033

Played it in a new save because I was in a different computer showing off the game to a friend. Still loved it, if not, even more the second time around.

Fate/Extra

There's only one unnamed npc left alive, I haven't checked to see who it is but I kind of hope it's flower girl because I've been expecting her to die every round. I finally unlocked Tamamo's Noble Phantasm but completely forgot to use it during the Elimination Battle. I feel like the stupid clown girl didn't need to exist, it was 100% filler content. I absolutely wouldn't play this game without save states, the amount of rng in just one round of attacks is enough to game over if you happen to guess wrong a few times. You know your base gameplay mechanics are garbage when fucking FGO does it better.

I think the next round is Rani since they obscure the name so they could swap her out for Rin. I don't expect to fight Leo until the final chapter. I can see why people say CCC is the better one, Extra just seems so incredibly basic comparatively. I guess I'm in the last quarter so maybe they'll have something up their sleeve.

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

Cleared Planet Popstar (level 2) in my "friendless" run through the game. While starting the "friendless" run was hard at the beginning of the game since it had a ton of those areas that required friends, at this point the game is pushing the friend-making less and less. I feel that this is the optimal way to play solo, but I'd only recommend this playstyle after you've played through the game normally before.

Well, I cleared World 5. Nothing too noteworthy here, except that I did not find the princess in this castle. Instead, I found yet another Toad. Looks like I'm at the wrong castle...again. How many castles does this guy have?

Dragalia Lost

The new challenge battle difficulty is interesting, I can make it to the final wave before getting beaten badly but my facility is still low. If this shows anything it's that the next step after making teams for each element is making teams for each resistance. I threw some wyrmite at the showcase, got some prints and lots of Unicorns.

Fate/Extra CCC

I was reading the Gil route translation and figured I might as well just play along since not having the visuals and voices was bugging me. I chose Tamamo even though the translation has nothing for her dialogue but if there was any character that's easiest to decipher, it would be her. She wears her heart on her sleeve. Her new clothes certainly aren't hiding anything jesus christ.

Super Mario Maker (Wii U)

I've started my first big project in Super Mario Maker: I'm remaking every level in the game, in the NSMBU theme. I call it Super Mario Bros. HD! I've only finished the first level so far, and it's currently available to play on Course World. The Course ID is F45C-0000-03D2-06F3. Also, here's the bookmark page.

Back