What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Dragon Ball Z Budokai (Gamecube)

Cleared through the main campaign, everything from the Saiyan Saga to the Cell games. Compared to other DBZ fighting games that I've played so far, the fights feels a lot more meatier and every hit packs that extra satisfying "Oomph". I really enjoyed it thus far and I plan to go back and unlock the secret characters soon.

Soulcalibur II (Gamecube)

Played through arcade mode twice as Link and Taki.

Left 4 Dead 2
I've been getting better, I played versus and my team won. The people playing were chill too.

too bad you can't go idle, my brother got mad at me because i couldn't check on my dogs

Well, that's contrary to all the horror stories about kicks and bans from the Versus mode in L4D2

Celeste

Finished the game, and almost broke my mouse and had to restart a level because of my rage, but it was very enjoyable. Might've liked it even more than Cuphead.

Fate/Grand Order

Finished both main quests and got my freebie Scathach. I did enjoy the main story cutscenes, they were a stupid kind of fun. Pretty sure they made this whole event for a single Planet of the Apes joke. I've still got some shop grinding to do for the week until it's over. The new summer commercial for JP came out, freebie Jalter in two years. Pretty much confirms that the free summer servant each year is based on which girl was most or close to the most popular.

Mario Kart 8

I like hearing a character go "Fucking shit" when they get hit by an item. It fits so perfectly well with the spirit of Mario Kart.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
I downloaded the Smash Controller app onto my 3DS today, and played some battles with it. Also, I finally found a character that can match Lucario: Sonic! As Sonic, I beat up my brother (who was playing as Lucario the Overpowered). I also played some online battles and the 100-Man Smash.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (demo version)
On the topic of Smash, I went and downloaded the Smash 3DS demo. I remember playing this exact same demo at an event at Target a couple years ago. But I played some battles as Mario against Link, Mega Man, and Villager. The menus don't look too different from the Wii U version, besides the fact that Smash Tour is replaced by Smash Run. Still, I think I might get this sometime for the exclusive stages, Smash Run, and of course portability.

Super Mario 3D Land
Replayed the World 5 levels as Luigi.

Costume Quest (PC)

I finished the main game already, so the next thing to do is to play the DLC: Grubbins on Ice. No, not the Pokemon Grubbin, the species of monsters called Grubbins. Anyway, the gist of the DLC is that a new species of skull monsters are terrorising the monster world Repugia where the monsters came from, so the characters have to somehow liberate the monster place.

Thank you for reading.

Fate/Grand Order

I used the shop planner, I think I need less materials to clear what I need for Part 2 than I did part 1. I've got until Wednesday to do any grinding I feel like doing, I don't necessarily need any of the shop items but it would be nice and it gives me something to aim for if I just feel like playing for a while. My summer servant luck was pretty amazing.

JP summer began, it's kind of impressive how much better they've gotten at making servant animations in just 2 years. Two years until Summer BB blesses the rest of the world.

Super Mario Odyssey

doing the 14 capture run, in the Metro Kingdom having beat the mecha wiggler

Sonic Forces (Switch)
I beat Secret Stages 2-6, as well as Extra Stage 1. I also got some more Red Rings and attempted some online SOS missions.

Sonic the Hedgehog [16-bit] (iOS)
I kept attempting Marble Zone Act 3, but never beat it. Oh well.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
Did some races and battles with my sister.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U)
Did some battles against my brother.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Last saved in the Snowpeak Ruins, not the biggest fan of ice block puzzles.

New Super Mario Bros Wii

I forgot how fun and great that game is.

It's a super fun thing to try to speedrun these levels.

Sonic Lost World [demo version] (Wii U; also on 3DS, PC)

I downloaded the Wii U demo of this game, and it's actually pretty good! At first it didn't feel much like a Sonic game, much like Sonic Boom...until I learned that you could hold ZR to run fast. And then, just like that, the game became awesome. I guess speed really does change everything (although I'd still take Mario any day).

Sonic Forces (Switch; also on PS4, XB1, PC)

I beat the three levels in the Episode Shadow DLC, and beat stages 1 and 15 of the main game as Shadow.

Super Mario 3D Land

I beat all the levels in World 6 as Luigi. Playing this right after two Sonic games...it really feels different.

Pokken Tournament DX

Got this with some of the money I got from that competition at school.

Pretty neat game. It's fun. And now I actually have a game where I can actually main Lucario.

Fractal: Make Blooms Not War

As far as I know, this is a PC-only game. It's an action-puzzler, and I would say it's got an arcade feel since it doesn't take long to know how to play it. Puzzles are challenging though, since there aren't many guides for this game. At least the Campaign and Arcade are pretty great!

Thank you for reading.

Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City

Today's been real off so I figured I'd just sit down with some Etrian and feel good. One of the basic enemies of Stratum 4 barely doesn't OHKO my main source of damage if I pile on three forms of damage reduction. Beautiful. Then I get ambushed when checking a corner. Spectacular. I'm going to be chipping away at this one for a while.

I hear Etrian Cross is pretty brutal too but I still can't wait for it. The hidden Vampire 'class' was found the other day like some mew under the truck bullshit. I was pretty upset about subclassing being EO4 style but they've nerfed passives from how cost effective they were in 4 and given the main skill trees way more options to choose from like the Untold games so it balances out, I'm hyped again.

Fate/Grand Order

All the story sections for summer done, looks there will be a week of half cost gem grinding which is helpful. I have basically no gems so even though I want exp more I can live with passing on that until Nero Fest. I have 200 exp stored away depending on who might be useful during the Prisma Illya event, I might just save it for Kuro because I'll need 100 exp for her anyway.

Super Smash Broa. 4, 3DS version
I have beat every challenge in the game.

Pokken Tournament DX

I love Team Battles. It lets me pick my three favorite Pokemon. My main Lucario, my secondary Braixen, and my tertiary, Decidueye.

Sorry Zard, I still love you.

Anyway, did some battles with TG, and damn it was so much fun. This might become the game I play when I get bored.

Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City

It's costly to use Guard Order still but combining it with my Hoplite's Bodyguard I can have everyone survive the big boy snake's attacks. In the long run it costs me less than it would to not tank it and have to revive one or two party members.

I've just been plowing through with spamming Front Mortar and Blade Rave to deal with everything so it's nice that the enemies are getting tougher.

Fate/Grand Order

I didn't realise how many gems I needed. Thank the lord for skill gem week. I've taken my new servants I added to my support list during Summer off, even if they're better servants they're useless without being max level so at least people can get some use out of them. I'm just berserker smashing the quests. Raikou and double Herc, just ohko everything ignoring class advantage. I love Berserkers.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
I won the gold Star Cup on Mirror Mode, as well as the bronze Special Cup. Before too long, I'll have the Gold Kart! I'm also rapidly approaching the goal for the Gold Glider, with 8500 out of 10000 coins. As for the Gold Tires...I'm a long way off.

Sonic Forces (Switch)
I collected all Red Star, Number, and Silver Moon Rings in the first three stages. I also beat Extra Stage 2.

Back