What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Despite what I said about BotW Link I didn't touch him today. Instead I just went the other way around: doge waifu Isabelle.

Also I tapped my Wario Smash amiibo and played as my Mii with the Wario costume.

God I look devilish.

Fate/Grand Order

I'm smashing through these free quests, I might have left over AP before the next event to do some interludes or strengthenings.

Summer is confirmed for soon, I've already accepted I won't be getting what I want but I will try anyway. For punch saint.

Super Smash Bros. 4, 3DS version, I lost track of time last night and kept playing Smash Run until 4:00 A.M. I did some rounds today too.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Wanted something chill to play after the Octo Expansion. Just beat Dewford gym.

Squad:
Magnion the Torchic
Treble the Poochyena
Vinesauce the Shroomish

Kirby: Star Allies
I beat the game last night, but it only took me a while because I was on and off the game. It really is a short game, but it's fun while it lasts. The final boss was so epic, moreso than most Mario games. Time to start thinking about my next Kirby game; I'm thinking Return to Dream Land or Rainbow Curse.

Super Mario 3D Land
Played some courses in World 2 as Luigi. Nothing much, really.

Oh man, these are the only games I've played over the weekend. Killing Game, you have officially abducted me.

Pid (PC)

While this game looks very stylish and good, I can't quite say the same about this game's difficulty so far. The levels are generally great, but the second boss fight is nightmarish because if the player character dies, the whole thing starts over, and the boss takes a very long time to beat. I am dreading to know what comes after, because I am expecting bosses to be just as long and tedious. That's why I cannot play on Normal mode, and had to switch to Easy mode from that point onward.

Super Mario Galaxy

Obtained 106 stars so far, which is 16 more compared to the last time I posted here:
- 3 from the rest of Deep Dark Galaxy
- 5 from Dreadnought Galaxy
- 5 from Melty Molten Galaxy
- 1 from Bowser's Galaxy Reactor (meaning I finished my first playthrough)
- 1 from Good Egg Galaxy's Purple Coin Star
- 1 from Honeycomb Galaxy's Purple Coin Star

I haven't completed Snow Cap Galaxy's Star since I didn't have the required Star Bits, but I found it troublesome that I have to redirect the Prankster Comet to make the Purple Coin Comet appear. I will have to complete Snow Cap if I am near that area.

Thank you for reading.

Kirby: Star Allies
I beat Extra Planet Omega, the fourth and final Extra Planet. I liked the callback to Kirby's Dream Land at the end, where everything turns to grayscale with 8-bit music. I also beat Sweet Breeze and Mild Stroll in The Ultimate Choice, and beat Level 1 in Guest Star mode as Chef Kawasaki.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
It's not even exclusive anymore, yet only now do I start a save file. I originally planned to wait until I finished Returns before starting this, but I changed my mind. This game truly is great, and I shouldn't have held off on it for so long. I beat 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, and 1-A. I also played some with my brother on a separate save file.

Pokken Tournament DX (Demo)

Hey this game is actually pretty good. It's not your traditional Pokemon, which I never played and would like to try out for myself (seriously Smash is getting me hyped up about everything Nintendo), but it's a solid fighting game. Too bad youcan only play as three Pokemon and choose two assist sets and play 15 matches in the demo. On the bright side though, I think Charizard is the second best-looking Pokemon now.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Just playin' around. It's a fun game when you have nothing else to do really.

Smash 4, 3DS version, I done some online practice, I used Ness for the conquest, but went back to my main, Wario and won a online team battle in a landslide victory.

Pid (PC)

I've recently learned that the title stands for "Planet in distress". Anyway, I have beaten the third boss, but still no clue how long this game is going to be. So far the third boss is much better than the second one since there is more room for error and the character is more in control (compared to the second one where you have to wait for power ups to sprout), but it's still kind of tedious.

Super Mario Galaxy

Completed more Purple Coin Stars, which are usually quite difficult. It's also where I learned that there are some Stars which are more strict, especially when the music is playing. As an example, Gusty Garden's Purple Coin mission might take place on a cube, but the fact that it's easy to obtain coins should have been a giveaway that there's a catch. Anyway, these are the Stars I have gotten:
- Gusty Garden
- Toy Time
- Beach Bowl
- Ghostly
- Dreadnought

As you might have guessed, the toughest star is the Toy Time one, also known as Luigi's Purple Coins, mainly because all the platforms in that level will make it so that the player can't stay still on it. Luckily there is an abundance of coins so this makes the level less difficult. The second-hardest is Beach Bowl only because finding some coins are tricky. I wonder if there are other tough Purple Coin Stars, now that I have conquered Toy Time's (the toughest of them all from what I heard).

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario 3D Land
Beat the rest of the levels in World 2 as Luigi.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
Beat 1-B, 1-4, 1-K, and 1-Boss. The temples here are as tough as the ones from DKC Returns! For beating 1-K, I got the first mysterious relic...but not without dying a million times!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Tried out some of the new free BOTW DLC with my brother and sister. We played some VS races, some Shine Thief, and some Coin Runners.

Super Mario Odyssey
Managed to solve three of TPG's hint art at last!

Fate/Grand Order

All Free Quests completed, just in time for Summer. Looks like they'll be doing rotations on what gold servants are up for grabs so I'll wait for Mordred day on the Part 1 rate-up and then leave it to rng. Until then I'll deal with some stuff I've been putting off for too long.

I do kind of feel like I've finally 'caught up' a little thanks to these 1/2 AP cost weeks.

Pid (PC)

Played until the Stage level. I admit that I am hoping to complete this game as soon as I can since it's a game where the end of sight is not obvious. This game may be a platformer, but it's also a linear adventure since previous areas cannot be travelled back.

Super Mario Galaxy

Gotten 119 Stars so far. I am close to getting them all for Mario! For this round, I even managed to get the Snow Cap Galaxy star, which was pretty simple on the second attempt now that I know the secrets. I imagine it's troublesome to fail here since losing a life puts you back on the starting planet that has to be broken with a Shell.

Sea Slide: Feels tedious to go through this level, since Bee Mario is used for traversal, and Bee Mario is slow. The goal is also not near the beginning which made it more tedious. Thankfully it's also hazard-free.
Gold Leaf: Another timed level. There is a jump that I tend to mess up at the 70 star mark. For this one, I got the star at the literal last second, much to my relief.
Battlerock: Another level that requires collecting coins on the floating platform, this one is not as tough as Dreadnought in my opinion.
Deep Dark: I was surprised that there is no Boo Mushroom here, since there are some coins that seem to only be reachable with a Boo, and there's the fact that there are light sources in a few places. Turns out skilled jumps are required, which in hindsight made this level more fun.
Space Junk: A quick star, and I'm even surprised by how despite the 2 minute time limit, it's easy.
Melty Molten: Thankfully this level has the Life Mushroom in the beginning, because I sure needed it! This level is otherwise pretty tame besides the lava, since it's pretty straightforward to get all the coins.
Freezeflame: This is another find-the-coins level, and also very tricky because of the slippery floor and the fact that the entire level has to be travelled, including the secret path in the original levels. The last coin I missed also happens to be near the beginning, where I have to leap high from a platform beside the sprinkler with the giant coin nearby.

Among the Stars here, the most difficult is probably Battlerock, but they are also pretty simple since I conquered the toughest one before (Toy Time). Unless Dusty Dunes' Purple Coins is tough, I think it should be a cakewalk for Mario until I unlock Luigi later on.

supermariofan said:
Donkey Kong Country

Don’t go for 101%. It’s not worth it.

Out of interest, what makes the extra mile not worth it?

Thank you for reading.

I'm a completionist, so I'd probably do it anyway if I had the game.

Sonic the Hedgehog [1991] (iOS)
Beat Marble Zone, Acts 1 and 2.

WarioWare Gold (special demo version)
This is actually the first time I have ever played WarioWare, and it's great! Apparently the money-hungry rich guy is broke and steals a golden treasure. Then, after seeing an ad for Super Pyoro, he makes his employees make some games for a video game tournament (and he needs over 1000 entries to profit from it). The microgames are a lot shorter than I thought, and there is very little instruction on how to play. I had to learn the hard way (experimentation), but the games are surprisingly simple. I fully intend to get either this game or Game & Wario. Or both.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
I'm a completionist, so I'd probably do it anyway if I had the game.

Sonic the Hedgehog [1991] (iOS)
Beat Marble Zone, Acts 1 and 2.

This is actually the first time I have ever played WarioWare, and it's great! Apparently the money-hungry rich guy is broke and steals a golden treasure. Then, after seeing an ad for Super Pyoro, he makes his employees make some games for a video game tournament (and he needs over 1000 entries to profit from it). The microgames are a lot shorter than I thought, and there is very little instruction on how to play. I had to learn the hard way (experimentation), but the games are surprisingly simple. I fully intend to get either this game or Game & Wario. Or both.

I guess if you’re a completionist. It is fun to find secrets hidden throughout the game. But the overall reward is nothing but bragging rights.

Eh you know, even if you get a reward for beating everything, it's not like it was going to be useful anyway. Most of the time when you complete a game you let it go for some time and then restart it.

The real reason why people complete games 100% is because of the satisfaction of having done everything.

Everyone said:
Eh you know, even if you get a reward for beating everything, it's not like it was going to be useful anyway. Most of the time when you complete a game you let it go for some time and then restart it.

The real reason why people complete games 100% is because of the satisfaction of having done everything.
Maybe but after doing so much to get 100% you’d expect some kind of reward, not something as blank as a “congratulations” text or something useless as that post card in Super Mario Sunshine.

It's like how, for getting 100% in Mario 64, you get 100 lives. And there's nothing left to do with those 100 extra lives. You don't do it for the reward, though; you do it for that deep satisfaction after getting the final Star. That sense of accomplishment is better than any in-game reward could possibly be.

Sunshine Yoshi said:

Game & Wario is definitely different from what to expect in a WarioWare game, since unlike other WarioWare games, every game is more like a minigame as opposed to a microgame. It does include a minigame that plays like the WarioWare games, and you will recognise that game as "Gamer". The package is quite solid, but it's a bit marred by the Miiverse shutdown, since one of the games uses that service. I think the overall package's solid, though.

Thank you for reading.

Kirby's Return to DreamLand

The true arena is so hard I had to have a Bandana Dee fight with me.

I actually got past Galacta Knight this time, even though the only boss who came close to bodying me was actually Whispy Woods. Then... Magolor's soul was at the eighth of his health, so one or two hits with a star spit should havedone it, but I think I pressed the 1 button too early... and got touched by an orb which killed me. I could've easily done it...

Perhaps next time...

Super Mario Galaxy 2

I am now at a whopping total of 117 stars. Will go for the rest of the normal stars tomorrow and start the Green Star thing. GrandMaster, I'm warning you, I'm coming...

And the galaxy will run red with your blood.

Everyone said:
Kirby's Return to DreamLand

The true arena is so hard I had to have a Bandana Dee fight with me.

I actually got past Galacta Knight this time, even though the only boss who came close to bodying me was actually Whispy Woods. Then... Magolor's soul was at the eighth of his health, so one or two hits with a star spit should havedone it, but I think I pressed the 1 button too early... and got touched by an orb which killed me. I could've easily done it...

I haven't actually done the true arena in rtdl but Tornado breaks the arena so I assume it does there too. As long as you aren't touching an enemy when you exit the tornado state you should be invincible.

Back