What game did you last play?!?!?!?

The demo for Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

I'll probably be getting this at some point.

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth

tying the optional field skills to stat boosts was a smart move, I'll gladly spend a point on reflexes for a bit more agility. Union skills are also pretty handy; Therian's vampire heal, the generic Mana Heal and Brouni's full party heal are very useful. I like that forging weapons also just uses materials you get from enemy drops that you've sold, I thought it was purely ingots that had to be used at first.

First stratum boss wasn't terribly hard, Explode hit really hard but I spammed Blaze/Ruin/Aegis Prayers to keep my team healthy and safe, the passive healing was enough to ignore everything but the core. I also had debuffs on the core for the entire battle because of my front row. Warlock spammed magic attacks, her role is pretty simple. Bunker tanked a few hits. I ignored Miasma Armor since it was immune to ailments anyway. I also did the pre-battle puzzle right so that made it a little easier.

man this is good video game

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

It's an okay game on its own, but it is the worst Mario Tennis. I prefer to play Power Tennis over it. Good thing I am waiting for Aces. It better be a huge improvement over Ultra Smash and be as good as Power Tennis. I did kinda like what I played of it. It plays well, it is somewhat enjoyable but I seem to have enjoyed Mario Tennis 64 and Power Tennis more.

Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22

Fighting games aren't exactly my strong suit, but I decided to pop it in for a couple minutes while still riding on the hype wave that Dragon Ball Super episode #128 provided. The spritework is nice but there really isn't much there to keep my attention and I don't have the instruction book so I don't know anything else aside from punches/kicks and Ki blasts.

big bird Stratum 2 boss was super easy, just wailed on it while it was paralysed for half the fight. This party works wonders, the only thing it's really missing is binds but I chose ailments over that. Already chose my master classes, opened up a lot of options for my party. I'm definitely going to have to Rest my party at some point to get the skill points back that I've wasted.

I'm enjoying the progression of this labyrinth; normal>normal>literally hell. I wonder what they could follow up with.

Tonight I had a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe party with a babysitter's two sons and their girlfriends. I also helped the babysitter make dinner for them.

Grand Theft Auto IV

really liking this game so far, already burnt my share fair of Влад guys (my new nickname for Russian bad guys thanks to Vlad)

Stratum 3 boss was even easier. I'm sure the superbosses will be harder but so far the bosses have little resistance to ailments that can stop them for the entire fight. The boss literally never attacked properly once the entire fight, when it tried to throw its allies at me I had already killed them and then every other time it was either afflicted with Panic or Paralysis.

The classes in this game are cool.

Paper Mario: Color Splash

I finished off Bowser, and now I'm going to reset the game to play it again! Although after a while it gets tiring because you already know whats coming.

Oxenfree (Switch)

Finished this game I got for a deep discount (I am talking 75% here). I have a feeling the developers wanted to bring more exposure to this game and I think it worked because it was at some points the best-selling downloadable Switch game.

Now that I am done with this, my Switch to-complete list is down to two games: Pokken DX and the recently-bought Golf Story.

Thank you for reading.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga DX

I decided to return to this game after leaving it for a while. I didn’t play Minion Quest, though.
I unlocked Super Thunder Bros. and collected the Beanstar Piece of Gwarhar Lagoon!

Super Mario Odyssey

Also returning to this after leaving it for a while due to Luigi’s Balloon World. I wasted a lot of Coins in Find It mode, but gained them and more back due to my balloon in the Metro Kingdom. I currently have about 2600 Coins, and I’m trying to get 9999 for the Skeleton Suit.

Wooded: 004-N4G-4C7
Metro: 007-WTG-D7J

Golf Story

The game's certain different from Mario Golf, but I am already liking the game for not only its cool Golf gameplay, but also the game's personality. There are some creative uses for textboxes, like when a character says something but erases it and say something else.

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario Odyssey - Finally got enough coins to buy all the update costumes, haven't played Luigi's Balloon World today since the power has been out again earlier this afternoon and finally just came back on.

Sonic Advance 2 - Still love it to bits but the sheer amount of bottomless pits and hard turns in Sky Canyon Zone and Techno Base frustrate me greatly.

I wonder if experience is a little different in this one just like stats are. I'm already Lv50 before even clearing the fourth stratum. I still don't have enough TP to upgrade my main skills yet. I do understand why people say Clever Strike is amazing for tp conservation and random encounters though. It does a ton of damage and it only costs 10TP when maxed out. Fortunately there's a gun that has high magic in this part of the game so I didn't have to sacrifice power on my Warlock's spells while still getting good damage with Clever Strike on the back line. By the end-game I won't have to worry much about TP hopefully.

Still haven't updated my Shaman's bow, I'm waiting for something with a good extra skill or an AGI boost.

Super Mario Odyssey

Went in to Luigi's Balloon World expecting to play it for five minutes and then play something else, and instead the mode became the literal definition of "one more time".

Bayonetta 1

I picked up the Bayonetta 1+2 pack for Switch thanks to her Smash appearance. Bayonetta is a massive badass and I love the whole campy vibe she's got going on. It's excruciatingly difficult for a new player like me to get a half-decent award at the end of each stage, so I'm considering either spending more time practicing her combos, or starting with the easier Bayonetta 2 before going back to 1.

Stratum 4 Boss managed to party wipe me, which was a nice change. It inflicted binds/ailments semi-frequently and it was resistant to Panic (but not Paralysis) so it was tougher by default. As I found out, it only wipes if you have lots of buffs on your party, however it wouldn't have mattered since it didn't get the chance to use it on the second attempt. I saved Paralysis for late in the fight so it wouldn't get to use its wipe. It was handy having physical/elemental options on my entire party for when its weaknesses changed.

I've found the enemies that petrify the whole party.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Well then lads it's time to continue my fucking Kingdom Hearts binge play thing in which i desperately try to beat all the games before the KH3 nation attacks.

Okamiden - Haven't touched the game in over six years after finishing it and don't really remember much of it, but I got to say that the scope of the overworld is pretty impressive for the DS and kind of reminds me a little of Ocarina of Time's Hyrule Field in a way.

Golf Story

It's a Golf RPG, similar to the Mario Golf portable games of old. However, it's not quite a Mario Golf clone since it has some features that deviate from that game, such as the ability to hit the ball from anywhere within every golf course, and clever use of text boxes. I would say that it's a sort of evolution of the Mario Golf template, so hopefully Camelot is able to make a great Mario Golf game in spite of this game's existence.

I feel like there are very few people in these forums who played this game, since I know of only two other people who played this game.

Thank you for reading.

Pokemon Red

It hasn't aged all that well but I still like it. Currently, I'm getting ready for the second gym, which shouldn't be too hard, considering how I somehow defeated Brock without being defeated at least once (something I've never accomplished before).

Grand Theft Auto V

Played splitscreen mode mod with my twin, was one of the most soothing video game experiences, aside from shooting gang members.

I love wandering around the city, listening to the ambiance and watching life go on in that game.

I just beat the main story of Super Mario Odyssey, and hoo boy was this game dark! I thought some elements were pretty uncanny for a Mario game, especially in comparison to Super Mario 64!

Super Mario Odyssey

Played a lot of Balloon World today, and didn't buy anything despite maxing out my coin count the day before.

dZ6eONu.png

Kirby: Star Allies (DEMO)

YoYo's been nerfed since Superstar, but as it returns mostly the same I'm happy enough.

Back