What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight

Storm Emperor is a bitch in this game. It was pretty much impossible for me to win with my original skill point allocation since Prevent Order is useless against his ailment attack and I had none allocated to Barrier which needs to be maxed to be even a little consistent at keeping you safe. So I rested and reallocated the points. I got him to 5% before it all crumbled and everyone died because I tried to brute force the last bit of his health. I got it after a few tries. The amount of binds and ailments he rips out is just ridiculous, it's like the battle is in trying to protect yourself from what you can and work around what you can't.

I did get lucky at some points I think, but I don't want to call it luck because I feel good about how well I did climbing out of the hole I found myself in at the tail end of the battle.

Three games since I last posted: Mario Golf: World Tour, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, and Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World.

I just got the Free-Trial Tour Pack in Mario Golf 3DS, and, of course, I played the DLC Trial Tour 77. I finally got to use Gold Flowers; but I couldn't keep the 1500+ coins I got over three holes, and I could neither save nor upload my score. I played 3 random holes of Rock-Candy Mines, but they were the same random holes every time.

Ultra Smash is dead, and I confirmed that when I tried going online. I cannot play a serious match simply because no one else wants to. I could only find opponents for a 1v1 "Play for Fun" Mega Battle on Casual Play. Really disappointing, as that was my first time going online for that game. Maybe next time...

I downloaded and played a demo of Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World. I have the Wii U version, and I was more than happy to play it on my 3DS. The demo has 1-1 and 1-7 on it, and has all control styles from the Wii U version. It even has Mellow Mode, and Poochy-Pups work in the demo. I 100% completed both levels, and I'm looking forward to taking advantage of Poochy-Pups when I'm stuck.

Kirby Super Star

Just got 100% on both Milky Way Wishes and The Great Cave Offensive.

Super Mario Kart

Beat the Mushroom, Flower and Star Cups in 100cc, and I've now unlocked the Special Cup.

Splatoon 2

I decided to attempt to roll the pure Sub Power Up gear once again, since the only pure Sub Power Up shirt I have is found on a Grizzco shirt (Squiddor Polo), which is unorderable. If you don't know why I roll these, I would go to Salmon Run and wear them so that others can order the coveted pure gear from me. I am almost complete with this collection.

Thank you for reading.

Well I'm kinda stuck on Hecatoncheir. I always get him down to his last sliver of health before being wiped, I was one attack away at one point although my entire party besides Fafnir was dead, so maybe I wouldn't want that. I've got the strategy down, I just struggle once he enters his last phase and Binding Spike starts killing my back line, and Dauntless Order can't keep up.

I can go explore 29F now though, so I might just do that and come back later with more raw stats.

etrian bosses are fun though.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I made a new tournament called "The Spiny Shells". It is a weekly tournament that consists of up to 48 races and lasts from 9 AM Friday to 9 PM Sunday. It is a 200cc tournament, and the only items are shells, which means a lot more Spiny Shells! If you’re having trouble finding it, I’ll post the code soon!

The Spiny Shells
1257-8412-9067

The secret to Hecatoncheir was more levels so I could tank hits a little better. Great Dragon on the other hand; I was pretty much already at the level cap and it was still kicking my ass and you get a sixth party member to help out during it. I managed after a few tries, it really came down to biting the bullet and forcing War Magus to spam Barrier even when it was open to a juicy super effective Ailing Slash.

Not much left to do, I don't really want to grind and if the true final boss is even a little bit as strong as the one in u1 then I'm fucked no matter what I do.

trying to get all these conditional drops before I beat the game. Fill the requirements and kill the enemy. drops nothing. just end me already.

I'll use formaldehyde on two of them, maybe three of them if Great Dragon is still too hard to deal with at lv99. It wouldn't surprise me. I am grateful that the first dragon boss was so brutal with its status effects that it forced me to max out Barrier on my War Magus because that skill is great.

Wolfenstein 3D

Did Episode 1 Floor 3 then died trying to do Floor 4.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Last saved at the Water Temple (insert obligatory jab here).

I forgot to grab the conditional drops from the secret area enemies but aside from those three I got all the others. The only one I used a Formaldehyde on was the Icy Bulb because I didn't want to fuck around with rng that much. Refighting the elemental dragons when they aren't difficult was nice. Getting their drops wasn't as difficult as I expected.

All that's left is those three drops, making all the recipes, the shiny dinogator puzzle and the true final boss. Might just swap to easy for the final boss because holy fuck it has like 7 phases and looks like a total pain in the ass. I haven't trained or rested and I don't have that kind of patience to grind from Lv30 back to Lv99 for a couple of extra stats.

Tomodachi Life

I made a Mii of Brendan and May from Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.

Also, my Jolteon Mii isn't getting along with my Sylveon Mii. They're on the verge of breaking up.

first attempt at fighting the final boss, brought it down to 10% health before hitting the 'end' phase where it spams its strongest attacks. It's possible to avoid this but I failed to capitalise hard enough with the time I was given. I need to be more offensive but my team only really has two dedicated attackers with two of them bouncing between support and offense.

I need a more aggressive approach in general but the boss follows the same rules as the other superbosses where you need to finish the last phase as quickly as possible to avoid the worst so I should be able to figure out something.

Honestly surprised that it isn't harder than it is, I'm not even Lv99. Etrian bosses are fun.

Mario Kart Wii CTGP-R

Recently found my old Wii, so I decided to the install the homebrew channel on to it just so I could play Mario Kart Wii with custom tracks.

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth

first battle, warlock gets destroyed, exp total is already in disarray. I've gone with Masurao/Dragoon/Harbinger + Warlock/Shaman.

What I learned from EO2U was that I prefer passive healing over straight up medic bullshit. Shaman seems like a successor to Sovereign so that's good. I thought about choosing Rover or Necromancer because I liked the idea of summoning shit to die for me but I like ailments. Dragoon has bunker which works kinda the same I guess. I'm not much into the evasion thing Fencer had going on.

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth

just some thoughts on the classes I have.

Masurao (Azalea); I figured out why I like her, she has a ponytail. Nothing much to say, she's like a Ronin. Air Blade is useful, Armor Pierce too. Not sure what else to upgrade on her however, Katana Mastery just seems to be a blanket attack boost so maybe that. High Ground seems pointless when I have a Shaman for attack buffs, but it allows her to focus fully on offense.

Dragoon (Gil); Bunker is very helpful during FOE fights, I think I'll settle on using that as my main form of defense in those fights rather than guard spam. Gunmount seems like it could be cool though, I kind of want this guy to be more offensively oriented so maybe that's why I like Bunker.

Harbinger (Seori); Very costly on TP, Miasma Armour is somewhat of a pain to keep up for little reason at the moment. I'm sure it'll have more unique gimmicks to go along with the ailment prowess this class has. Paralyze attack is a full line attack so it makes sense that it costs a lot, I just often don't need to attack an area.

Warlock (Avalon); The usual alchemist shit, I maxed out Magi Mastery for a blanket boost to all my elemental spells. I think I'll plan on making her an AoE focused member since I'm lacking in that and I'm sure bosses will bring reinforcements later. I'm not sure about the Focus Chant thing since it seems absurdly costly and I don't have much in the way of TP regen. I did hear about a move called Clever Strike that's really good for random encounters. I'll probably focus on that too.

Shaman (Blake); Passive healing is decent now. Not great but it costs less since I upgraded Prayer Mastery which gives a blanket tp reduction on all prayers. I'm getting 1 into everything but the hit rate boost prayer and then I'll pump some more into the passive healing before focusing on the attack prayer and then maybe I'll have access to Shaman Herald by then. Also I might change her name lol.

Back