What game did you last play?!?!?!?

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Final dungeon time, I get shivers when the beginning of the track plays for the first time.

The only quartz I'm lacking are five Action 3's and three EP Cut 3's. I have the Space and Mirage gems for them, but I'm very low on Time gems. I need 6400 for the eight quartz I want but only 700 at the moment.

I might have about 2000 by the time I'm done with the dungeon so I'll need to grind, which I don't mind too much since I had a bit of an issue with how four characters get really underleveled by the end of the dungeon because there's only two rest sites in the whole place, and it's a very large place despite only being four floors. I'll do it at the final rest site so I don't have to backtrack once I have what I need.

and then I'll beat the game, get all the achievements, and be ready for whenever I want to do a third playthrough on hard and see if I have the motivation to talk to every NPC after every mission to see what new dialogue they have.

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation

Blasted through chapters 18-25, currently on chapter 26

Revelation's map game is strong, if not a little gimmicky. Loved both moving bridges/pillars maps, loved the burning forest map, loved the promotion/demotion rooms (rip anthony), Chapter 25 was a little frustrating but it was for the most part good. Story and developments are..uh....interesting

Once we actually entered Valla, the game felt a lot more grounded, which is ironic because of all the floating ground in said country. Now that we've ceased all the haphazard darting between two countries to find units, we're finally invading another country (technically a world of dead people but whatever). I feel that Revelation has matched the world progression of past fire emblem games far better than conquest or birthright did, as despite Valla being this big invisible void, clearing each map in succession actually feels like making progress in our invasion. I mean, we're not darting between the various elemental tribes of ice, fire, wind, uh...ninja anymore, and now we're in The Big Endgame Castle. As an aside, Fates as a whole has a pretty awfully designed overworld map UI, which doesn't help immersion with any of the routes, but anyway.

Arete was interesting. Had a gut feeling that the mysterious blue haired phantom lady we met back in Chapter 6 might've been Azura's mother and lo and behold, plot twists! Felt her death was a little more genuine than Liliths in the other routes tbqh lol, but all three of her maps were pretty damn good.

Honestly there were goosebumps when I was surveying one of the maps and saw Scarlet was part of the enemy units, but this girl has died so many times in this game I kinda just felt disappointed that you really can't save her at all in this route. sleep tight Scarlet.

Imagine if the game did the whole deadlords thing and brought back units that had died from your team (in classic mode) as enemies. That would've actually been fuckin hype and given me a reason to do classic, but moving on.

The one map I have really mixed feelings on would be the stealth map, chapter 24. Part of me thinks the presentation and lead up to the map with Mikoto's ghost was perfect, and the stealth concept is rather awesome, but just executed poorly.

Firstly, Fire Emblem usually does the lategame thing where you need the rouge/lockpicker unit for most chests anyway, but I think given the map's mechanics, if you haven't raised a ninja/outlaw unit with the limited amount of slots you're given then I feel you'd be boned here because the only door keys are held by the very units you're trying to avoid and there's no way to kill them and take the keys without setting off the 'oh shit moar enemies' button. Luckily I had ninja Corrin so unlocking things wasn't an issue.

Secondly, I love the idea of having to move your units without being in the sight of enemies because that's pretty natural fire emblem gameplay. Where the idea falls entirely flat is having to anticipate where the enemy will be at the end of their turn, and if you don't have the time to watch their ridiculous movement cycle a few times to anticipate where to go, then it becomes a guessing game at best. So really the whole gimmick becomes pointless minute 1, and its not that hard to just treat it as a rout map, if not for the fact that you get Boots for perfect stealth, like, WHY. I reset to see if I could do it that way, and learned that if you want to ace the stealth part you need like 1-2 units, but then you're completely fucked if you miss one step because then you just get overwhelmed by enemies and die. I just barely missed out on the boots this way, but still managed to kill Mikoto and get most of the chests with the good shit I wanted anyway.

Lastly, Mikoto guiding you through the map was pretty damn great, and if I actually took the game seriously at all and the dev was anyone other than Nintendo then Mikoto lying about the last door would've actually tripped me up, but since I unfortunately have a 5th grade education, the twist at the end was easily avoided and I killed not Mikoto after almost being crushed by the weight of a million enemy units. I can imagine the sheer panic falling for that lie induces though.

So yeah, good map on paper, bad map overall. I'd absolutely love to see a proper stealth map integrated into the games one day, maybe with an escape objective or something for full 'avoid enemies' stealth.

God though, the story at this point is laying on the morality a little thick:
"You can't trust everyone corrin, but you should trust everyone because that's why you're our leader, but Mikoto I don't trust you lol, but Gunter who is the traitor, wait is that our dad"

Ace Attorney has trained me to notice the simplest of fuckin contradictions but Corrin, bless his stupid dragon soul, didn't stop to think before charging the map of invisible ghost people "Gunter, how could you have seen the flower that Scarlet put on herself when we were the only two people on the bridge and the flower was destroyed mid-fall!?" Sumeragi was a surprise, however. I'd actually forgotten about the cloaked figure that killed Mikoto because that happens before the branch of fate lolololol. good boss battle, sick katanas m8

poor hoshidan kids though having to watch their mother and father die again
hopefully the nohrian kids have to do this with garon in chapter 27 again?

And then, GUNTER ACTUALLY EVIL WHOLE TIME WOW SHOCK

I'll admit I didn't actually expect Gunter to be a traitor (or anyone for that matter but the game suddenly decided that someone must be a traitor) until that dumb Lv. 1 Ace Attorney contradiction but I should've seen it coming with Gunter not being able to support at all in this route for some reason. Now I'm just doing his map and have almost opened all the chests.
jesus christ though

thE IMPLICATIONS

azura and corrin are confirmed to be cousins and you can s-support them /and/ thats pretty much the pairing the game pushes on you what with both of them being in similar situations, and you can have kids

gonna rant about this in another post later

this is just further proof that the children did not need to exist in this game
i love their characters (midori4lyfe) but on the whole fate's story really did not need children complicating everything further

edit: finished the game and the two hidden truths maps but its like 3am so i need to sleep and then i'll type final thoughts later

Pokemon Sun

Due to the last global event, I got 4000 FC. Currently in the process of leveling my festival plaza up so it's actually useful.

Kirby's Return to Dreamland

You'd think that after playing Kirby since I was six I would be able to beat the True Arena with relative ease.

That is not the case.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

I think I'll leave the grinding, I technically have enough of what I need already, I just wanted more for convenience. Also I'll be doing a third playthrough one day for sure so it'll be unnecessary.

I chose Olivier and Agate the first time I played through this game. I've chosen Olivier and Zane this time, but I'm thinking of swapping in Agate now that I'm at the half-way point. Getting near the Final Boss is a pain in the ass and Zane has almost no ranged attacks so he really isn't suited for it.

Tales of berseria

continuing down chaos difficulty, got the last party member and finally at a level that i can take down code red demons.

Naruto: Clash of the Ninja 2

It was at e-Sports at school.

Tomodachi Life

Gave N64dude's Mii the last $3000 he needed to go to space, and he didn't even have the decency to bring me, his best friend! Well, I guess he did being his wife and daughter but still, come on! I gave you 10 grand and you didn't even bring me with you!

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time

I received quite a bit of nostalgia playing through this game again. Man, to think it's been like 8 to 9 years since this game's release...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven

this game is absolutely flawless in its detail and fanservice and though the gameplay can be a little clunky I'm still enjoying myself heaps with its stupid combos and crazy wacky special effects. I'm not sure if no local multi is really a big issue for me yet

sweet rohan i am home bby

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

I think I am getting better at this game, as I got mostly pars and birdies. I don't think I even got a bogey that round. It's all in Lakitu Valley, it's a pretty good place to practice.

Tales of Berseria

continuing down the path of chaos difficulty, managed to beat the first therion boss and now in ysuelt.

Getting near the big first dungeon of the game and not looking forward to the next boss as its insanely hard and its heart wrenching scene.

Crash Team Racing

this game had it all

coins except for it was apples

get a turbo boost for pressing the jump button at high points

great track design

fancy camera work

its good that mario kart copied from this game else it wouldve stayed in mk64 shit-tier 4Head

Super Smash Flash 2

I've found that many characters are incredibly horizontal with their movement, and given how fast the game can go sometimes, it's really something I have to get used to. Currently my best characters are Kirby and Fox.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Playing through the game with each custom race until I get their respective awoken skills. My main playthrough was a saiyan and I just completed a Namekian, now working on a Freeza.

Saiyans and Freezas are a ton of fun. Namekians are garbage. Their awoken skill is near useless.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

I think I am getting better at this game, as I got mostly pars and birdies. I don't think I even got a bogey that round. It's all in Lakitu Valley, it's a pretty good place to practice.

Who were you using?

Mario Party 7

Mario got 3 stars by doing hardly anything at all. The randomization system in the GameCube Mario Parties sucks, that's all I'm gonna say.

Back