What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror

So...that was quick. Turns out 100%-ing this game wasn't as tough as I'd heard. I tried the boss endurance and...I died, but it's a lot like the Arena from Super Star and modern Kirbys. I don't think I'll have too much trouble with it.

Aside from that, I just have one question: ...why the heck is there a pink spray paint?

It's not tough to 100%, I've done it myself plenty and plenty of times. And you'll do the Boss Arena, as I said, Tornado shreds bosses like usual.

Pink spray paint is for multiplayer if you're player 2, 3, and 4.

Grand Theft Auto V

It's uhh free on that Epic Games Launcher thing and by play I mean well I played it for like 20 minutes or so, ran pretty okay during the intro part but eventually started to crap itself cuz uhh yeah game wasnt made to play on integrated graphics. Eh, probably can fiddle about with config files to make the game look worse run better. (And by better I mean, anywhere from 25 - 30 fps at 720p would be fine enough for me)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

So I just wanna say the Fire Temple might be my favorite dungeon so far. It's really cool, it has a pretty complex design revolving around simple concepts, and best of all... you get the Hammer. And oh god is it fun to swing it around. WHEEEE. Man I love squishing bats with that bad boy. Might be my favorite Zelda item so far.

Kirby: Squeak Squad

Been a while since I picked this game up, and considering that this is now the only mainline Kirby game besides the 3DS ones that I have yet to 100%, I decided to give the extra mode a try. I beat World 1 with all treasures, and...it's basically the game completely unaltered, except you're timed and it doesn't save. Thank goodness for VC restore points.

Kirby: Squeak Squad

Beat Extra Mode today, was fun revisiting the game. My time clocked in at just under 4 hours. Attempted the boss endurance too, and I made it up to Meta Knight before dying. Tornado absolutely wrecks these bosses.

Next I'm probably going to start another Paper Mario marathon ahead of The Origami King. It'll be good revisiting the series.

A Bunch of Assorted PS2 games

My PS2's memory card got corrupted over a year ago and I'm just now getting around to re-adding my save files, sadly three of my discs (The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning, Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams and Jak 3) have seen their better days and wouldn't run. :/

Paper Mario 64

So, I'm starting a marathon of all five Paper Mario games ahead of The Origami King. Was initially a bit reluctant considering that RPGs are not very pick-up-and-play games, and I didn't want to start something I couldn't finish, but revisiting the prologue of the first game was reassuring. I liked all of the games in the series at least a little, so I think this'll be fun.

Super Mario Maker 2 (Nintendo Switch) - Currently doing the story mode, 70% of Peach's castle restored.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge (DSiWare) - Last saved after obtaining the second seal and returning to Scuttletown to buy some upgrades.

Paper Mario 64

Beat Chapter 2. The pyramid gets really tedious because the only save point for most of it is at the beginning, so it could take up to ten minutes just to save your game. That's just obnoxious.

Been trying to make more use of partners that aren't Goombario this run...but I just unlocked Charge, the most OP move in the game. So there goes that.

I don't think the ruins get all that tedious JUST because of the save block. Pretty sure "dungeons" like this are supposed to be tackled in one sitting. Sure, you might still die on the way but I think the place is easy enough, that and the dungeon in on itself is not that big to begin with. You can't really blame the game when you're the one deciding to save every two seconds tho. There's a save before the boss tho, right? Because if not then you do have a point, that would be dumb.

I don't think the ruins get all that tedious JUST because of the save block. Pretty sure "dungeons" like this are supposed to be tackled in one sitting. Sure, you might still die on the way but I think the place is easy enough, that and the dungeon in on itself is not that big to begin with. You can't really blame the game when you're the one deciding to save every two seconds tho. There's a save before the boss tho, right? Because if not then you do have a point, that would be dumb.
Thankfully they learned from Super Mario RPG's Axem Rangers and there is a save before the boss.

I did play it in one sitting, but the penalty for dying in that pyramid is severe if you don't save often. Better to spend 10 minutes saving then to lose an hour of progress in a labyrinth dungeon.

Thankfully they learned from Super Mario RPG's Axem Rangers and there is a save before the boss.

I did play it in one sitting, but the penalty for dying in that pyramid is severe if you don't save often. Better to spend 10 minutes saving then to lose an hour of progress in a labyrinth dungeon.
can't you use save states?

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Those who know me well here know of my unashamed hatred of Ocarina of Time. But I've also never completed the game, so since I have pretty much nothing else to do in quarantine, I've decided to change that. Finished the Fire Temple yesterday and I am on my way to the Water Temple, Zora Tunic in hand.
And yes, after this break in playing it, I can confirm I still hate the game.

Oh boy, and going to the water temple next will definitely NOT help.

I knew you didn't like it all that much but I didn't think you really outright hated it, tho. Guess you learn something everyday.

Paper Mario Sticker Star
IMG_20200522_100101.jpg

Refreshing to have Wiggler as an ally for a change! Blooper boss challenge was fun too.

super mario 3d world

making some decent progress towards 100%, trying to find the green stars though a few evaded me today so it might be time for internet help
stamps i'm also missing quite a lot so that will be tedious but hopefully golden flagpoles and clearing the level once with each character should be significantly less tedious

overall i think i'm liking this enough to push with it and get 100% completion like i did for 3d land, but i think for future playthroughs of this game i'll stick mainly to any% and maybe of the bonus world levels if i feel like it.

Final Fantasy VII Remake

The highs of this game have been incredible but man there's a lot of mud to trudge through to get to them. These sidequests are just busting my balls and the fights against these variant enemies are stupid, flying enemies are terrible to fight against and there was a fight against three enemies that literally resist all physical attacks and had no weaknesses but you could just chain stun them to death with Barret's Claw weapon so I just spent like 10 minutes fighting a completely non-threatening HP sponge enemy three times and it was not fun.

Music is great though. I'm not sure if the game will have any more moments like Airbuster fight but I would like to force my way through it to find out. I just the think the pacing is wack and while the locations are great to explore the first time I don't actually want to return to them I just want to keep progressing. I don't really want to ignore the side quests because they probably have good rewards or exclusive items/materia/weapons but damn I just want to skip them.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I don't know why I played this. I won a few rounds and then Baby Park got chosen so I stopped playing. I won that race too but I still stopped playing because it was stupid.

Pokemon Ruby Version

I'm at the point where I can just run around the safari zone, try catch the low encounter pokemon and just reset if I get none of them or save if I get some of them. Either way it's boring and the longer I procrastinate on it the less I remember about where I am or what Pokemon I already have in the dex.

Paper Mario Sticker Star
Solved the puzzles of Egnimansion, resealing the boos back in the book. Read all the bookshelf books. Probably the longest timed Course for me so far, took a while for me to figure out that I had to open the hallway window (I thought I had to open the curtain instead), and what the heck to do with the Wall scrap, ended up having to Google what to do and felt like an idiot when reading up on it . Anyway the rest I figured out on my own. XD
I like that you can sit in the chair across from the Steward "for a cup of tea".

i had a spore challenge idea of going through the entire creature stage without befriending or attacking anyone, entirely by just eating eggs. so basically it turned out way more boring than i thouoght itd be. eggs are super hard to come across and youd need, like, 40 of them to be able to advance to tribal stage
hey its interesting though!

Minecraft (Nintendo Switch)

Internet has been unstable for like the past four or five days, so I'm just killing some time before I call and raise heck to Frontier. Started a new game in survival, built a simple shack that I'll probably abandon once I receive a sufficient amount of resources to build something a little more elaborate.

The Sims 4

I wanted to play a household where all the members pretty much despise each other and it's going on pretty well, lol. Being mean in a lot that gives mean vibes is something I find sorta entertaining.

Well, now that I've finished my FE: Path of Radiance IronMan, guess I can start something else to play alongside Zelda OoT (when I'm not already playong FE: Three Houses instead)... lo and behold, I decided to finally start playing...

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Everyone's favorite. Probably not mine but we'll see.

Two seconds in and WHY IS THERE NO SPINDASH.

Last stopped playing when I got Koops in my party. Weird, it's almost as if I heard that name somewhere?

Back