What game did you last play?!?!?!?

MK8D

Got Gold Mario, working on getting all of the kart parts

Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword (or Blade) (Or Fire Emblem for short. T'was the first non-Japan exclusive in the series) (emulator).

Finally posting about this.

I have been wanting to play this game so badly... here I am now, playing it.

I start the game, here plays the intro telling you that humans and dragons lived in peace, and all that sort of shit...

And then... the title screen... this music...

This is surreal. I know it's just the regular FE main theme, but there's just something magical about this version... it's so beautiful... hearing this track when I'm actually doing the gameplay part... it's just not the same as hearing the music itself... I felt that same feeling with many other songs in the game. Like... say... Ninian's theme! Idk... that is probably one of the best feelings ever.

So I played like about probably half of the game so far...

And it's been an amazing experience for now. And even though I already knew how to play before playing, there's a tutorial at the beginning of the game for anyone new, so this game is a great place to start FEing. And as much as people dislike that tutorial, I actually liked it. I personally thought it was a nice balance of hand-holding and of "you're on your own". I also really like Lyn as a character, you know, maybe she is a kind of generic strong headed girl who is a sweetheart otherwise but still, she's nice, and there's also the fact that you, the tactician, are a character in the actual story who all the others interact with, so it just makes anyone who directly talks to you that much closer. Not to mention that same tutorial does give me access to who is my favorite character in this game so far.

Right now, I have just finished Chapter 15's map, the one where all three lords meet up. Quite an interesting chapter if y'ask me. Also that was the first map where someone on my side died, and it was Matthew. But, well, he kinda is like, one of my favorite characters so, yeah, reset time.

I wouldn't really want to let anyone die actually, would just let me feel horrible when the ending comes in and states that said character died. Maybe I will Iron Man this game once, but now, I really want to get the best ending possible I can get with Eliwood's story. Probably never gonna Iron Man this game actually.

Yeah. Really loving this game.

That's the only Fire Emblem game I've played, and it was so long ago I barely remember it. Would it be a good place to try and pick up the series again?

Yeah, I suppose.

And on that note, I just played it again.

Chapter 16 was a bit tough on me, not because of the chapter itself, but rather my inexperience in how to handle it. I thought it was fine to take my time and kill the enemies at my own pace, but then I realized that the green units on the map started moving and could actually kill the red one that I could recruit.

Oof.

Also reinforcements at the start of the chapter. More oof. So yeah, basically had to reset and then redo the whole thing. Oswin actually did a great job at picking off enemy archers here and there. They kinda suck as well so there was no risk of him dying at all, since the map was infested with archers. But I was also really looking forward to this chapter because it had one of my favorite characters from Lyn's tale in it. I still enjoyed it.

Revenant Archagent said:
That's the only Fire Emblem game I've played, and it was so long ago I barely remember it. Would it be a good place to try and pick up the series again?
i feel like Awakening is a better starting point since it's easier and has filthy casual mode etc but out of the older games it does do the best job of teaching the player how2fe. so it's still not a bad starting point/point to get back into the series. esp since the games just go uphill from there except for like shadow dragon I guess

alternatively, just play the game for Hector

After another session, I have now completed chapter 16x. It was tough, but once I knew how to do it, it really was not all that bad.

It was also essentially a grinding map for Oswin, even though most enemies were axe users, and he is a lance user. But I got him to level 20. My first proper promotion is upon me. So proud of this boy.

Erk is also getting close to promotion, at level 13. So yeah. Going smoothly.

Also this is the map where you recruit Canas, your only dark magic user for quite some time, and dark magic happens to be my favorite type of magic, so I must take care of him.

The Legend of Dragoon

I gotta say, this is a pretty intriguing RPG title. Like the time attack mechanics, and I love quoting these special attacks. “VOLCANO!” “HARPOON!”

Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword.

Did a quite a few chapters today, 17 through 20, including the Chapter 18 sidequest. Two of my best units promoted. Oswin is now a General, and Erk a sage. I believe Inow have three other promotion items in stock, two Hero crests, and one Guiding Ring.

My lords are underleveled a bit, though... Lyn is the lord who I trained most, yet she's only level 11 and I feel she must be higher. Especially considering she's been around for the longest time.

Wuppo-1-e1477474474536-696x392.jpg

Wuppo (PC)

I have recently started playing this quirky game, and what's interested me about this game is the Super Paper Mario comparison, despite never playing that game myself. From what I played, I can see some similarities, such as the sidescrolling layout, the lore incorporated into the world and the real-time combat that you could do. For the latter, I haven't done any combat yet, but a paint gun was given near the start of the game. Another thing that this game has that I think Paper Mario fans would love is the witty writing and fun dialogue. I do think the advantage of this game is that it is not burdened by being too far off from the original material, which is a huge criticism for Super Paper Mario since its Pixl world hardly have any relation to Mario. There's even a exposition character (a staple in the Paper Mario series, such as Goombario, Goombella, Kersti and Huey) near the beginning, who is a bird with a big beak (in the image, the red bird).

I don't think I am the right person to convince others if a Super Paper Mario lover would like this game since I didn't play through Super Paper Mario myself, but when I completed this game, I will see if this is perhaps a good companion game for those who love Super Paper Mario for its own merits (outside reasons relating to Mario).

Thank you for reading.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

This game is absolutely amazing. Definitely my favorite game on Wii U, at least so far. I've gone through all four stages in Green Valley so far, and got all collectibles in the first two stages. There are three things you collect in this game: figurines, music tracks, and Elline's diary pages. The diary pages are my favorite; nothing's better than opening that so-called Secret Diary and watching Elline's pictures literally come alive. The figurines are cool too; they're a lot like Smash trophies in that they are full 3D models with a fully rotating camera and flavor text. The music tracks are wonderful remixes of past Kirby tunes, and there are even remixes of tunes from Rainbow Curse itself! (and btw this game's soundtrack would be just as amazing even without the collectible remixes)

Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword

In this new map, we have recruited Isadora, met Rath again and recruited a new character with us... Heath! Our first Wyvern Rider!

Sadly, he starts with... 7 speed. I was able to get it to 8, but he needs some serious work. I do believe he has potential, however. Next map is one that favors fliers, coincidentally.

Wil and Kent are levels 16 and 15 respectively. Both really close to promotion to Sniper and Paladin, also respectively. I am a bit worried about Canas however, because he has trouble doubling, which means he is unlikely to kill enemies on his own, and he's still only level 11 while he was level 8 when he joined, 6 chapters ago...

My brother is pure evil. I let him be player 2, and a Grab Hand showed up. (fyi a Grab Hand is a multiplayer-exclusive miniboss that player 1 can't attack) The Grab Hand got me and started to pull me away, and my brother just sat there and did nothing with a wide grin on his face. And I died. Grrrrr...

Sibling rivalry aside, I beat World 2, mostly in multiplayer (which became a real grievance whenever Grab Hand decided to show up to destroy me), but I've decided to focus less on the collectibles until I've beaten the main game...except of course for the Secret Diary pages. Speaking of which, I had to keep replaying 2-3 because I kept getting unlucky and missing the diary page in the Goal Game. (In case you didn't notice, it is absolutely necessary that I uncover all of Elline's deepest, darkest secrets.) It almost got to the point where my brother would quit, rejoin right at Grab Hand's spawn point, then instantly quit and leave me helpless. Thankfully, he failed the one time he attempted that, and joined too late.

Fate/Grand Order

Dead week again, I'm already craving more stuff like the CCC story but I know this year is mostly reruns and goofy events. I threw some tickets at Ishtar like I did last time, I got another Gorgon which isn't so bad to have but no Ishtar. I don't think she gets many rate ups after this so rip that. I have a lot of servants I want to level, not enough skill gems to improve them past their level cap.

Dragalia Lost

I've regained interest in the high dragons because of Brunhilda prelude. I'll work on levelling the HBH print and then slowly build up Lin You for HMC in the meantime. I'll keep my last few twinkling sands in case I need to craft a Fire Sword for this next raid event.

Ever Oasis

Managed to have quite a lucky streak this week, as I obtained 2 Fallen-Saint Wands, 2 Sandsnake Fangs and 1 Meteor Eye from the Desert Labyrinth. Now I only need 1 more Meteor Eye from the Desert Labyrinth before I have fully completed it, then I will move on to Woodsea Labyrinth. Items needed from there:

2 Black Shells from an Antlion
4 Nullstones from a Basilisk
1 Horrible Petal from an Adenita

Today was a good day for this.

Opening up with... Wil's promotion, from Archer to Sniper! I hear from many people that Wil is a bad character in this game, but... to me he's just really good. I just love archers. True, I did give him a speedwing so he starts doubling, but well... speed is his only minor downside.

And many other promotions today too...

I then proceeded to promote... Lyn herself. Now a blade Lord, but weirdly enough, just gained the ability to use bows. Makes her way better in my opinion tho.

Then came the time to promote Florina. I still remember the time when she was the weakest little girl of all, and that you had to protect her from the world. Now she fears nothing!

And Kent, the red knight in shining armor, has now ascended to the position of Paladin. Also amazing now. Just like the other ones I promoted.

And many near their promotion... Guy, Raven, Lucius, Canas, Serra... but the most surprising here is... Heath.

He only joined a few chapters earlier, at level 7, with barely 7 speed... now he's already level 17, with now 15 speed! I gotta say... this guy is fun as hell to train up! Couldn't have done it without that Spear Isadora helped me get though, she gets serious brownie points on that one.

Oh... and... we got Harken... now I have played that fangame before... a younger Harken was there, destroying enemies in that very hard game early on... I just really love Harken, and... he actually feels just as powerful here! Idk if I'm using him over Raven or anything, but... damn. It was hard to get him and not Karel, but it paid off... basically, I had to try and not kill more than one promoted enemy, which was hard since they could easily suicide into one of my powerful units... I pulled it off though. By letting Lyn with a bow and Wil get attacked by countless Wyvern Riders.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Smithy...is...too...hard!

No, seriously, I can't beat him no matter how hard I try. There's an insane difficulty spike between Smithy and Gunyolk, the boss that came just before him. In his first phase, he has about 2000 HP, which is just a little more than Gunyolk had. But no, ending there would make for a disappointingly easy and underwhelming final boss, so they couldn't end there. But his second form? About 8000 HP. Absolutely insane. My strategy is to make Princess Peach use Group Hug every turn to ensure that my other members are never low on HP, but even that can't stop him from using a series of attacks that, when combined, make an OHKO attack which cannot be blocked or otherwise circumvented. It's irritating and ultra cheap, to say the least. I daresay I'm struggling with this guy even more than I did the Axem Rangers!

So far, I've mostly been using a team of Mario, Mallow, and Peach. I did once try a team of Mario, Bowser, and Geno, but that ended pretty quickly since I didn't have Peach. Maybe I should replace Mallow on my original team with Bowser or Geno...

I beat Red Volcano, the sixth level of seven. All that's left is Purple Fortress, and three stages are all that's between me and Claycia. I have every Secret Diary page up through this point. I can now confidently say that Elline is one of my favorite secondary Kirby characters, up there with Escargoon, Gooey, and Ribbon. Also, I should mention that I encountered a couple airship levels with the Kirby Rocket transformation, and they both had these epic escape sequences at the end that gave me a run for my money. Gonna try and beat the game tomorrow, probably alongside a couple (possibly troublesome) Bandana Waddle Dees.

EVERYONE IS
PROMOTED!!!

Knight Lord Eliwood.
Great Lord Hector.
Blade Lord Lyn.
Paladin Kent.
Falcoknight Florina.
Sniper Wil.
Bishop Serra.
Bishop Lucius.
Sage Erk.
General Oswin.
Swordmaster Guy.
Hero Raven.
Wyvern Lord Heath.
Druid Canas.
Berserker Dart.

All these guys started out as almost losers. Look at them now, they're my team of monsters. Tearing through the last fews maps. Well all except Serra, who is first and foremost my main healer. Lucius, Erk and Canas can heal too, but Serra can use better staves because she spent more time doing that. I really only promoted her for the stat boosts.

I would've promoted Matthew... sadly I missed the map where you're supposed to get the thief promotion item. He still was useful up until this point however. And Sain... I kinda missed a Knight's Crest, so unfortunately, he had to be benched. Love this pig, still.

I also have managed to get Eliwood X Ninian to A support before she is permanently removed from the party, and it feels like an accomplishment. I also A supported Lyn and Kent. I'm not a person who really ships fictional characters normally, but this is Fire Emblem. Where ships matter. I wanted Erk and Serra to get one too but they have only reached C so far despite them staying at each other's side for literally almost the entire game.

I am using no prepromotes, but of course, Harky-boy is an exception to this rule. Dude's been very useful too.

RIP Ninian...

Back