What do you think the worst Mario game is. (Including spinoffs) if you have a reason for not liking it include it.

Until Super Mario Maker 2's NSMBU theme, where he is now the Indifferent Sun
D6s6-3sV4AIfBXm.jpg

I'll be honest I like how Peach looks here. Mario doesn't look that bad either, though Nintendo's sprite for him is still better. But the Peach gives me Super Show vibes and I actually like that design of her, it's cuter than the Nintendo one imo.
Yeah you're not the only one where she gives off Super Show vibes but she looks super derp, and it doesn't even look like her hair's part of her head. Like, what is going on at the top of her head. Why is it so exaggerated.

It has creatively designed worlds such as Shape World, Opposite World (which is just a carnival theme park), and Color World (the last two levels are grocery-themed, a theme we have yet to have in a Mario platformer)

MEYPF_DOS_Shape_World1.png
MEYPF_DOS_Opposite_World1.png
MEYPF_DOS_Color_World2.png
Okay I'm going to be completely honest here, I kind of want to see a grocery store themed level in a modern game now, that would be cool

Yoshi Touch and Go is always the Mario game I have hated the most. It's like if you had a Mario Party game with Yoshi, and then only had four minigames in it and nothing else.

Okay I'm going to be completely honest here, I kind of want to see a grocery store themed level in a modern game now, that would be cool

Well yeah, they're gonna stick Waluigi Time cereal in the shelves, you're obviously biased. :roll:

Yoshi Touch and Go is always the Mario game I have hated the most. It's like if you had a Mario Party game with Yoshi, and then only had four minigames in it and nothing else.

The game's sprites are nice though at least, many of Yoshi's Island DS's sprites originate from that game, actually.

But yeah that game as a full-priced entry is pretty bad. It's lacking in content, it's literally like, a tech-demo.

Considering when the game game out in relation to the DS's launch, it probably was one of those dolled-up tech demo launch period games, wasn't it?

Yeah it was. The game was entirely touch-controlled, came out before the likes of Yoshi's Island DS and Kirby Canvas Curse.

I wouldn't hate Yoshi Touch and Go so much if it was just like five dollars for its abysmally small "amount" of content. But that it was full game price was just disgusting.

Touch and Go was my first, and so far last, Yoshi game lol. It wasn't a good first impression 💀 My mom got it for me when my DS was still pretty new and the only game I'd played was SM64DS, which had Yoshi in it, so we assumed this game with Yoshi would be good.

Touch and Go was my first, and so far last, Yoshi game lol.
Yeah it being the only Yoshi game I've played might be a subliminal reason why I've never played another Yoshi game except for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island on an emulator. It was at least much better but the babies were annoying in that certain aspect.

Okay so I'm going to legit play devil's advocate for Mario's Early Years series, even though I do agree that they're not amazing edutainment games either and are outdone by their contemporaries. I've played plenty of those as a young child but let's see here:

1. Mario's Early Years is aimed at pre-schoolers, and as a young child at that age, Mario's Early Years would have entertained me, but the thing it needs is more stuff to click on (that's why a lot of edutainment games have random shit you can click on, they're entertaining for young children). The vast majority of edutainment games I played (ClueFinders, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?, Magic School Bus, Gizmos and Gadgets, Math Rescue, Math Blaster, Oregon Trail, Mia Mouse) are all elementary school games, well past preschool. They're an entirely different audience.
  2. When you think "edutainment titles", the 1990's-early 2000's era was where when edutainment was at its peak and where most games you know came from there. Humongous Entertainment, Magic School Bus, Jump Start, Zoombinis, etc. all came from this era, and they were designed primarily with Windows 97/98 in mind with 256 color support. Mario's Early Years was designed for DOS, that's why it looks uglier than those games, and uglier than games that it has the same target audience for (preschoolers, so that means Sesame Street and maybe Humongous Entertainment games), the graphics would be comparable to Math Rescue, Treasure Mountain!, early Reader Rabbit titles. It doesn't excuse the horrendous Mario spritework that the game offer but let's keep that into perspective when critiquing it and its primitive art.

It doesn't excuse that they're very cheap games meant to capitalize on the edutainment boom and that I think even preschoolers would get bored by the lack of activities and stuff to click on as well as a bad visual mess. The instruction booklet for the games are hilarious too, they tend to go into a lot of detail into learning and taking care of your children, and is a more educational parenting tool than the game itself lmao.

Funny, Yoshi Touch and Go was the first DS game I was able to play a couple months after it was new. (I didn't own it though, cousin did). And it was enough to entertain us until they finally got other games that had substance like Super Mario 64 DS.

Yoshi Touch and Go would have been translated very neatly to a phone app ngl
Maybe so because it's price might have been much cheaper. But we got it for a more expensive price which is why it's my least favorite Mario game

To be at least somewhat fair, Yoshi Touch & Go predates the modern concepts of 'mobile games' and 'mobile game pricing' by a few years.

Back