What's your opinion on the Luigi's mansion series?

Mymy64

Koopa Troopa
For me its that it feels somewhat inconsistent lately. Many things have been improved yes but things have also been downgraded in a way to where it makes it them not as good. This is not to say that they are bad by any means just that they feel like their own separate universes.
600x200.jpg

Each game is an improvement from the last game. The first game was solid but known for being short and also quite unforgiving in its objectives for the reward at the end. The linear structure in the second one is cited as a bad thing but I believe it is overstated, and I think the second one's low points are some of the boss fights. Third one is the best in the series for being a combination of the strong points of the first and second, and it also doesn't have Mario be a last minute tack on like in the second one.

Last edited:
really only played 3, but that shit does slap so i really need to get to playing the first game, especially since it seems to focus much more on the creepiness, while still retaining the usual mario charm

All entries in the series are good. I even played that weird Arcade one, still a fun time.

Haven't played 3 yet but DM was so good! I actually prefer it being episodic in comparison to the classic, Sure, you can sort of go where you want in the first, if you ignore the fact that the keys are linear.

Back