Mario Kart: Double Dash!! vs Mario Kart Wii

Better game?

• Total voters
Mario Kart Double Dash Wallpapers posted by Ethan Johnson
Amazon.com: Mario Kart Wii with Wii Wheel : Artist Not Provided: Video Games

Both games do have wack mods and such, but I'm pretty sure Mario Kart Double Dash wins out for simply letting you beat 14 Warios and Mario AND Luigi as opposed to Mario Kart Wii's meager 11 Warios and being stuck with just Mario.

But doesn't Mario Kart Wii have a 23-Wario mode???? Hmm hmm!

Mario Kart Wii DOES have the superior battle mode by far though, just because you can actually play it if you're by yourself hmmm.

Haven't played DD but the dual rider thing doesn't appeal to me, while Wii is my fave MarioKart game ever. If only Wii had Baby Park...

while Mario Kart Wii has eons more glitches than Double Dash, I still prefer it overall and recommend it if you don't have any friends.

Double Dash!! did offer a rather unique heavyweight kart with the Boo Pipes. We haven't seen any large vehicles that greatly excel at acceleration since then; the Offroader and Wario Bike do have decent acceleration, but they still pale in comparison to how quickly the Boo Pipes can accelerate.

Doublel Dash!!'s gimmick sets it apart from all other kart games that are out to this day; while team racing certainly exists, it's not on the level of you both being in the same kart. Not to mention you can play two characters at once! Compared to that, MarioKart Wii's idea is very run of the mill, outside of its control scheme. Wii is the game I have more nostalgia for and I'm better at as I've played it for far longer, but Double Dash!! is the one that has the idea I like the most and sets it apart from other racers.

Also, Wii's item spam is notoriously bad, and I didn't notice it as much in Double Dash!!.

I do think, though, that Wii has my favorite Rainbow Road of any MarioKart title, and none have beaten it.

Mario Kart Wii was more single player friendly, Mario Kart Wii's Online mode was amazing for the time, it also had that other mode that was like mission mode. Mario Kart Double Dash did have that chaotic factor to it, co-op grand prix, Bob omb Blast, and had 60fps in 3/4 player mode.

I'll vote Double Dash, because the game clicked more with me.

Last edited:
Back