Mario vs. The Koopa Troop

I've been told some cutscenes show Mario getting serious and defeating the Koopa Troop easily.
I haven't played or watched many spin-offs, so... Where are those cutscenes, please?

This question is all over the place. You've been told by whom? What kind of cutscenes, in-game cinematics or pre-rendered? Is it sprites or models? Mario getting "serious", like how "serious". "Defeating the Koopa Troop easily"? How? How did he defeat them, and how easy is "easily"? There's no way to pinpoint what you're asking since your question's very vague.

I've been told by a Nintendo fan I've been debating on another site.
Probably pre-rendered cutscenes.
Could be sprites or polygons.
Probably angered by the troop.
Probably with melee attacks and throws.
With relative ease.
The person in question wasn't specific enough, sorry.

Last edited:
As far as I know there isn't much pre-rendered cutscenes of Mario fighting the Koopa Troop as a whole, much less Mario being "angered" by the troop and outright meleeing them. You might be remembering some sort of whack Source Filmmaker cutscene or an otherwise fan animation, since nothing official really matches your description.

OK, does anybody remember cutscenes in which Mario...
- is angered by Bowser or someone else and the troop is simply in his way to him/her?
- shoots the troop with Fire Flower fireballs larger than regular ones or something?
... please? And again, those cutscenes are probably from spin-offs.

Again nothing in the spinoffs match even slightly what you're describing.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

It's likely that the fan from the other site is (potentially unknowingly) referencing fan works. What you're describing sounds like a scene straight out of Super Mario Bros. Z, the online web series. As far as I'm aware, there's never been an official Mario scene like that

I'm talking about cutscenes that show Mario defeating the Koopa Troop easier than usually seen.
The person in question is one of the many VS Battles members, who always use official works.

Well if they are using official works that would mean that they have a source yes?

I mean the fact that you have to go looking for a source in of itself is suspect.

your probably talking about some fan sources or some shitty april fools joke because i can't find anything on the internet about what your talking about

One of the most important things to do in a debate/discussion is provide a source, without that it's merely word of mouth and that isn't always reliable.

Human memory has a ton of failings. We're not saying the guy lied or is joking, but his memory could be flawed, your memory could be flawed, you could be contaminating each other's memories. Etc.

I completely agree, and I'm surprised a VS Battles member didn't give any link, as they always do.
Anyway, by this moment, at least one of you may want to know where those cutscenes are too, but...
I don't know if it's a good idea to contact him, as we haven't exactly become friends after our discussions.

I've talked to my debate opponent again. He says Mario is shown...
- kicking a Koppa Shell with more force than a Koopa Troopa can throw itself with...
- and defeating many Goombas with a single jump...
but again, no links. I already asked him for them, but at least the kinds of feats are clear now.

If he's not willing or able to supply any links then you can just dismiss it as made up or fan made.

No cutscenes come to mind of this happening specifically. But if you haven't played a lot of Mario games; uh, please do! They're very fun and you're missing out by not trying out the main source of media for this series (in my opinion). Playing the video games is also the best way to learn more about a video game series. That's gonna be your most reliable source (think of it as "field research"; except you're not, actually going into a field).

those are some powerful cutscenes. indeed, that one time Mario singlehandedly broke some bricks using a Koopa shell shall forever go down in history as an outstanding victory for the Mushroom Kingdom against Bowser and his vicious forces.

Back