So, huh, Ray Trace/BLOF/etc’s name is now written in green on the wiki…

damn blof getting the rare luigi color to match her theme!!!!!!!!!

haha jokes aside v proud of you blof!! first the rp section, now the entire wiki, next the whole wiki and boards >:3

Hello! I came by to deliver you a celebratory cake! I got you a big chocolate cake, because chocolate is sweet, just like you!

27BE26BC-7817-46E5-B38F-6D61B86D944F.jpeg

I hope you enjoy the cake! I baked it my-

05218F52-13FE-4026-BA83-DB8ECD457B29.png

Wah ha ha! Ooh, cake! YES! GIMME! WAH! *weird Wario drooling noise*

Hey, how'd you get in here!? I had this place protected! Wait- EW! You did that?!

F02BCAF9-5F5E-4C49-9321-3F72B5718921.jpeg

Wah! Of course it was me! Who else do you think ate that 100 layer burrito this morning? Wah ha ha!

Go take your terrible toots somewhere else, Wario! Your funky flatulence and your unwashed underwear won't ruin this party!

86C839AE-25B5-4031-8784-AFB934E1F681.png

Why should I? Baby Luigi LOVES me! Hey, we should totally get married, you and I! Anyways, I came here for the cake and I want my cake! In fact, it's my cake now! MINE! MINE, I TELL YOU!

70491B64-0C8E-4452-9733-3707F63E393C.png

Wait, Wario! There's candles on the cake! Oh, he's already in the air... and...

*SPLUT*

BC802FA3-6BC9-46D7-ADD5-B61B902A4B36.png

MMMM! This is some delicious cake! You picked out a good flavor, too! Oh boy, I can hear the toilet in my house praying right now!

*sniff, sniff*

Hey, what's that smell? Hm. Must be the garlic and limburger crepes I got from that Car Wash those Protector guys frequent. On second thought, there's smoke and appears to be coming from- MY BUTT!?

04FF61FA-60FF-4879-A248-9DB9B7D21DA4.png

WAHHHHHH! WAH WAH! WAHHHHH! MY BUTT'S ON FIRE! OH MY GOD!

*fart*

1571EC37-A6D6-4EA1-84B7-040DD2FADFF7.png

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Wario! Look at the damage you caused! I hope with all the money you have, you'll pay for all of it!

64E148CD-A29A-453D-8C07-B3098E6E8B3C.png

Erm, Wario's broke... WAH HA HA HA!

0208764D-4892-4FEA-9335-1C751B4261C7.png

Just kidding, Wario's RICH! See you later, losers! Wah ha ha ha ha ha!

2F3F5964-E144-4B4B-A293-2F6A768C4E15.gif

...ouch!

Ugh... I'm sorry, BLOF! I promise I'll get you another cake and better defenses! Congrats on your promotion and thank you for being a great friend!

Now, if you'll excuse me... I'm off to go buy several cans of air freshener to get rid of Wario's stink.

So I might sound a bit sappy and all but here we go.

I've joined this wiki in around 2009, solely to vote in MarioWiki: Featured Images, more than a decade ago. My intentions weren't to stick around, and prior to that, I was way too shy and I lack self-confidence in myself to truly edit in the wiki and improve articles, believing others around me knew more than I did, and that I didn't know where to contribute. However, I eventually did stick around, I learned what I could do for the wiki, such as ripping assets and emulating games, and learning about higher ranking positions and attaining them had always been a dream of mine. Despite my efforts to edit the wiki and that my heart was in the right place, at the time, I simply wasn't ready for the job yet, not for years and years. I made countless mistakes, both from questionable editing responsibilities to emotional outbursts that has netted me controversial impressions among parts of the community. Years pass by, all throughout my teen years, as I grew older and eventually into a legal adult, and it seemed like it was hopeless and impossible for me to attain any of the heightened responsibilities that I dream of, while seeing others who were ready for the job earlier than me getting the position.

I still edited in spite of all of that.

I still occasionally took part in community events if I'm able to.

I still kept pushing myself to be better, to work harder, despite having negative emotions, having doubt and paranoia and being a bit too negatively self-conscious about myself.

Why? Why continue editing in spite of the returns not being all that valuable? Why continue editing if all I get is a strained back, for subject matters only I seem to be interested in, only for me to mess up in a disagreement with others?

Because that's what I do.

I love editing the wiki.

It's as simple as that.

Interacting with this community has absolutely helped me grow as a person, even if it's a slow growth and the changes are gradual. While I'm far from perfect and that I'm still learning how to improve myself and my outlook, what my wiki experience, a ten year span from being a regular user...to stepping in as a local mod for the roleplay board, the sheer euphoria from being promoted as a patroller and getting access to staff content that I've been long awaiting for, to finally being an administrator and getting my dream position has taught me is that people here are loving, caring, want the best out of people in this community and will absolutely give you a second chance, even if you have some needling issues that prevent you, otherwise a great editor, from being promoted to staff. My story of taking a long time should serve as an inspiration for other editors, that you can never be too late to be into such a position, just as long as you're willing to improve yourself, even if you also take ten years to finally secure elevated editing rights.

I really want to thank every single community member who has helped me grow as a person, who I even squabbled with in the past, who I made friends with, and those who have supported my entry and promotion as administrator, and I will strive to bring my editing capabilities to the furthest abilities I can.

Back