Pc Mario clones

Mamoru endou

Koopa Troopa
In one thread I asked about mobile Mario clones, this one is different, I want ask you about some pc Mario clones, does anyone know any

i know supertux. its open source and has been in development for ages
never played it but id like to check it out at some point

i know supertux. its open source and has been in development for ages
never played it but id like to check it out at some point
Here is one that I know, super Angelo, it looks like Mario and plays like Mario but it's not Mario, it's a DOS game written by Mike Wiering, it was made in 1997, you don't see many platformers on the pc at this time aside from commander keen and jazz jackrabbit.

As a kid I used to play an unofficial DOS Mario game, simply titled Mario & Luigi.

It was the first ever game I played that confronted me with the requisite of having to press a button to gain momentum. I died so many times trying to pass the pit with jumping Cheep Cheeps in the first level before I figured that out…

Last edited:
What's the difference between that and fangames?

As a kid I used to play an unofficial DOS Mario game, simply titled Mario & Luigi.

It was the first ever game I played that confronted me with the requisite of having to press a button to gain momentum. I died so many times trying to pass the pit with jumping Cheep Cheeps in the first level before I figured that out…

I'm sure you're not aware of super Angelo, another DOS game that resembles Mario and Luigi, it's written by Mike Wiering, he also made charlie the duck and it's sequel, it was made in 1997,at the time you don't see many platformers on the pc at this time aside from commander keen and jazz jackrabbit, most of the PC games at the time were ruled by FPS games like Doom.
There is also duludubi star which you never heard of,It was developed by Shenzhen Huaqiang Game Software Co. and published by Fantawild. This game is extremely similar to Super Mario Galaxy and was created to promote Fantawild's brand of theme parks.

Last edited:
I was playing this Y8 account game called Funny Puppy Dress-up. In it, you play minigames to unlock hats and hair accessories, shoes, pants, shirts, and hairstyles for the titular dog character. However, 3 of the minigames are very similar to Mario Party minigames, and I'm not joking!

32368C6C-256A-498E-AFEB-9D97E67D7846.png

This one plays exactly like Looking for Love from SMP. But instead of moving the circle pad to where the heart is, you're tapping where it is. Also, sometimes it decreases the number of icons from 4 to 3 or 2, which never happens in SMP.

1632775121348.png

The next minigame plays exactly like Sort of Fun from SMP, only without the baseballs and co-op. The achievement you get for completing this one is named Sort of Fun, which really takes the idea that they copied this minigame to the next level.

D7C342A8-22AA-46ED-BD7E-72F857C47E44.png

The last one plays like Bumper Bubbles from MP9 and The Top 100. There are some differences, like the fact you use the touch screen to move instead of motion or tilt controls, there is a green bird that can push you into obstacles, and there's no button for rising.

I never knew my favorite online mobile game site would be copying Mario until now. They should try being more original. I get Mario Party is popular, but they should use original ideas for minigames, not copying what others have done!

In the video game world, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's not always a duck

Back