The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

I can't believe this movie is going to destroy the sacred and important lore of the Donkey Kong universe.

Nintendo, publicly apologize and cancel this movie or you can kiss your business goodbye. Donkey Kong fans will not stand for their canon being destroyed.

Once again, this doesn't take place in the same universe as games so it can be a bit different, The Batman(2004) had Batgirl as Batman's first side kick instead of Robin but that doesn't that's suddenly the same with the main DC Comics universe

No, DKs jungle is not a kingdom, its a jungle and kongs. aren't fighters they are kongs

That's not the answer to my question regarding fruit based weaponry that will harm people.

Do you seriously think the Mario movie is going to affect the Mario game 'canon' (which let's be clear here: basically doesn't exist beyond the basic stuff, this is a game series primarily aimed at children, it does not have some uber deep and sacrosanct canon)

Yeah I really don't see Princess Peach's video game incarnation adapting her movie counterpart's personality. After all, in the movie, she pretty much has to be a strong and serious person, considering how massive her responsibility is as a princess.

Honestly? I doubt it. Maybe we'll get some movie alts for Tour or something, since Sonic basically did the same thing for its movies (alts for a mobile game of mediocre quality)

Yeah movie tie-in video games have been dead for some time now.

Why put the effort (well 'effort' in quotes considering the average quality of most movie tie-in games historically) to make a full game when you can just add some characters to a mobile game.

Yeah I really don't see Princess Peach's video game incarnation adapting her movie counterpart's personality. After all, in the movie, she pretty much has to be a strong and serious person, considering how massive her responsibility is as a princess.
While being a strong and serious fighter is fine and dandy for the movie universe, Peach's video game incarnation is also strong and serious!

In the RPGs she shows strength through her wit and wisdom. Like sneaking out of Bowser's curfew to help Mario's effort in small ways in Paper Mario, or diplomatically planning a joint Mushroom-Bean Bean Kingdom ruse with Birdo as a decoy to outsmart Cackletta's terror attack in Superstar Saga. She's also a fighter as well, but her smarts and strategic thinking remain the focus.

Strength doesn't need to only be shown through being a fighter, she's already a smart stratagist in the games befitting of her responsibility as a princess.

Sad news, it turns out The Super Mario Bros Movie is going to sully the important lore of Donkey Kong and has made Donkey Kong Cranky Kong's son and not his grandson.

guhzcjmy2eqa1.png

I can't believe Nintendo would do this, they're not even respecting their own lore.

This is sarcasm, in case you can't tell.

Based on everything we have, this movie looks incredibly promising. But I'm still a little nervous for it, because:
1) it's produced by Illumination. Illumination has kinda has a negative reputation within the Cartoon community.
2) Chris Pratt is voicing Mario. I still don't know what to think of this.
3) The video game movie curse. The 2020 Sonic The Hedgehog movie may have been amazing at all, but that doesn't mean we're past the curse yet.

Back