NPCs

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
Are they vegetable or mineral?

In all seriousness, what are your interactions with NPC's in games?

I always respect them. It's just the kind side of me I suppose. I'm not sure if it's because I know the developers but a lot of effort into it or if it's because I want to explore the game to the fullest. There's also the possibility I'm just super compassionate and like to get to know these characters, maybe I like to squeeze as much enjoyment out of the game as possible or maybe I'm just stupid. Who knows.

My interactions have included (Limiting it to the Switch):
Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Undertale, Deltarune, Cuphead, Paper Mario The Origami King, Link's Awakening: I've probably talked to every NPC in each game.
Minecraft: I leave stuff for the villagers (why? It's not like they'll use them), I only take half their crops or less (if at all) when I visit and I don't hurt the Iron Golems. (Apparently this makes me a strategically bad player?)
Mario + Rabbids: I always check out what Beep-0 has to say about the Rabbid's or the background.
Miitopia: (Technically I'm referring to the 3DS version but I'm going to do the same in the Switch version) I have talked to everyone multiple times in order to see the differences in what they say between teams.

So what are your interactions?

In The Sims 4, practically any Sim you don't command them to do are considered "NPCs" and can react on their own to events and typically take care of themselves. Though there are Sims not from your lot that do come now and then, and you typically can't control those unless you have mods installed that let you control them with a click of a button.

I make a guy called Wario's Friend make everyone hate his guts. I use mean interactions on everyone as him, and I always fight them when it pops up. I will always use declare enemy as soon as that's available, and then move on to the next guy. Of course, my Sims who share the lot with him have to put up with him, and thus, seeing all of these angry Sentiments be formed against him is common. Sometimes, they will autonomously yell and insult back at him and that's pretty funny. Some will autonomously fight him and that's hilarious too. Sometimes, some of them try lightening up the situation against him after a fight by trying to tell jokes but it always fails.

TS4_x64 2021-05-26 21-19-54.png

Not even the Grim Reaper is safe from being Wario's Friend-ed....he fought the Grim Reaper, won the fight, and declared enemies with him. Santa Claus (aka Father Winter)? Nope, not immune to this guy fighting presents from him. If only I can make Wario's Friend attack fire fighters who can visit my lot when a fire starts. And if only cops and burglars were there...though I'd want my guys to fight burglars too.

In The Sims 3? Well...

Screenshot-68.jpg

Screenshot-119.jpg

The biggest difference is that I spam Accuse of Being a Diva as him because that's just about the most hilarious and random mean interaction to ever exist. If you haven't accused someone of being a diva yet, you aren't being realistic with your life.

NPC townies who visit my lot in The Sims 4, I tend to be friendly with them if I could when I play as...you know...the "normal" Sims but I also do pretty wacky things with them, make them get hit by lightning and stink them up, and force them to do weird animations, especially to paparazzi who visit my lot and thankfully they visit my lot often. I also tend to be friendly with just about every other Sim if I'm playing as a "normal" Sim interacting with other "normal" Sims, such as asking about day and talking about the weather and whatever, though Sims outside my lot, I don't interact with too often, mostly because my own lot is filled with my own guys who are fun to be with and talk to.

05-23-21_8-27-55_PM.png

I don't generally kill Sims, though. Mainly because death puts my own Sims in a bad mood too.

In the space stage in Spore I blow up opposing alien empires unless they're my own creation. When creating adventures in Galactic Adventures, there's always going to be dancing creatures, I make them dance because it makes them look dumb, and they always have one HP and they respawn in one second if they die. I sometimes make them respawn over lava which kills them repeatedly and that's hilarious.

In RPGs, I do try to talk to townies I guess but like, the only NPCs I remember are the snarky Toads in Peach's Castle in Partners in Time.

In GTA V? Gang members of Ballas and Families instantly hate me and try to kill me if they so happen to see me (thanks to the trainer mod), regardless if I'm on the street or driving. So they always end up burning from my weapons and that's hilarious. They'll even stop their cars, go out of it, and try to fight me on the street lol.

oh i was so ready to start babbling about sunshine npcs
on the thread topic though. i do indeed try to talk to every npc around, which did end up in me actually liking this particular dam game so hey it worked out
i also tend to bully npcs in the 3d marios because its funny but im also this image (for games in general) but this also highly depends
me-always.png

i can relate to that meme lol, but once i start learning ai behavior and reactions in the game, i start acting pretty cruel, like you can see with both the sims and spore.

depends on the game honestly. If I can beat an npc up, I will do so occasionally, unless of course I face repercussions for doing so. Even if I like the npc I will feel compelled to do the things the game allows me to do.

other than that I can't think of too many instances of npcs doing anything unique enough for me to comment on them but fe npcs are a whole other story with how dumb they can be lol

Back