New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Are you getting New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
its designed for the Wii Remote only because of the Rafts, Seesaws and Propeller Suits. so no Classic Controller

WTF NO BLUE YOSHI ON BOXART STOOBY AM CRI NAO ;____;

In all seriousness though, it's pretty nice-looking.

The boxart is realy nice and deatiled. I want the game now. :)

Vile said:
Ninji's Stalker said:
I actually think it has some pretty nice boxart.
I do too, but Toad looks retarded in the Propeller Suit. :P
I think he looks fine, but it kinda reminds me of the Great Gazoo from the Flinstones or whatever his name was.

Boxarts good, but the blank red part kinda ruins it a bit for me. I don't like "empty" boxart. The top part is epic.

Lavos said:
Boxarts good, but the blank red part kinda ruins it a bit for me. I don't like "empty" boxart. The top part is epic.
I think they added the red part because the artwork wasn't tall enough. I kinda agree with what they did though, the artwork wouldn't fit everyone without a bunch of distracting clouds and background if it was made taller.

Jeff said:
Lavos said:
I think they added the red part because the artwork wasn't tall enough. I kinda agree with what they did though, the artwork wouldn't fit everyone without a bunch of distracting clouds and background if it was made taller.
Yeah. But Red just kinda looks out of place on the boxart. Whatever, I most likely won't get this game.

Lavos said:
Jeff said:
Lavos said:
Yeah. But Red just kinda looks out of place on the boxart. Whatever, I most likely won't get this game.

why not? is it because its looks the same as NSMB or that playable Toads is stupid (like most people think, not me, i think its a cool idea)?

The whole game just looks really sub-par. The level design looks really lame and the power-ups look worse. The four player thing is just a gimmick that will probably get very annoying once your friends decide that it's more fun to toss you in the lava than to play the game.

Moonside27 said:
The whole game just looks really sub-par. The level design looks really lame and the power-ups look worse. The four player thing is just a gimmick that will probably get very annoying once your friends decide that it's more fun to toss you in the lava than to play the game.
Don't be so pessamistic, I think it's gonna be fun. :)

Moonside27 said:
That's why I have cooler friends than you. Besides, the competitive multiplayer in NSMB was good, so even if you're not helping each other, it's probably going to be a cool feature. Also, if you call multiplayer a gimmick, where do you draw the line between the game's normal features and the game's gimmicks?

Jeff said:
Moonside27 said:
Don't be so pessamistic, I think it's gonna be fun. :)

of course it'll be fun! I LOVE Co-op Multiplayer (Even though it could be "Lava Pit" multiplayer) and the fact its part of story mode is awesome! I cant wait for this and all the new Mario games coming out! (because Christmas and my Birthday are coming up, i'll get atleast 1 videogame for both occasions and were goin to Warnambool so i'll get a game there because i always do! NSMBWii and Winter Games are in the bag!) Me and my best friend worked together to beat the original (one watchs to see secret stuff, while the other plays and then we swap when we die!)

Crackin355 said:
Lavos said:
Jeff said:
Lavos said:

why not? is it because its looks the same as NSMB or that playable Toads is stupid (like most people think, not me, i think its a cool idea)?
Meh, I really thought that NSMB was really boring, really bad level design, and they centered the whole game on "nosltalgia" but not on gameplay. I could be wrong and this could be different, but they would have to completely redo the whole concept of it. Which they wouldn't do. And if you liked NSMB, it's just my opinion.

Lavos said:
Crackin355 said:
Lavos said:
Jeff said:
Lavos said:

Meh, I really thought that NSMB was really boring, really bad level design, and they centered the whole game on "nosltalgia" but not on gameplay. I could be wrong and this could be different, but they would have to completely redo the whole concept of it. Which they wouldn't do. And if you liked NSMB, it's just my opinion.
I thought NSMB was realy fun. It never realy got old to me, I can just go and play the levels over and over again dispite the fact I have 3 stars. The gameplay is the basic Super Mario Bros. gameplay with the wall jump and other extras added in. I didn't get as much nosltaltia as you'd think. I played and own all 4 first Super Mario Bros. games plus the 2 Mario Lands. I still enjoyed NSMB very much, I consider it to be the true Mario Land 3 and Wario Land to be just a spin-off series.

Jeff said:
Lavos said:
Crackin355 said:
Lavos said:
Jeff said:
Lavos said:

I thought NSMB was realy fun. It never realy got old to me, I can just go and play the levels over and over again dispite the fact I have 3 stars. The gameplay is the basic Super Mario Bros. gameplay with the wall jump and other extras added in. I didn't get as much nosltaltia as you'd think. I played and own all 4 first Super Mario Bros. games plus the 2 Mario Lands. I still enjoyed NSMB very much, I consider it to be the true Mario Land 3 and Wario Land to be just a spin-off series.
I guess my problem with the game is it tried to do a lot of stuff, but didn't do enough in each of them. So you have a bunch of half finished pieces fitted together in a huge jumpled mess. I could see how some may like it, it just fell short for me.

Lavos said:
Jeff said:
Lavos said:
Crackin355 said:
I guess my problem with the game is it tried to do a lot of stuff, but didn't do enough in each of them. So you have a bunch of half finished pieces fitted together in a huge jumpled mess. I could see how some may like it, it just fell short for me.

@Lavos

Kay. Thats youre opinion

@Jeff

yeah. I can play the whole game again and still not be sick of it! (i've played it all the way 3 Times now)

Lavos said:
Meh, I really thought that NSMB was really boring, really bad level design, and they centered the whole game on "nosltalgia" but not on gameplay.
In my opinion, the gameplay was great. The game as a whole was, like, the son of Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64; both great games that had a great influential outcome on a DS game.

Stooben Rooben said:
Lavos said:
Meh, I really thought that NSMB was really boring, really bad level design, and they centered the whole game on "nosltalgia" but not on gameplay.
In my opinion, the gameplay was great. The game as a whole was, like, the son of Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64; both great games that had a great influential outcome on a DS game.
Per. :)
Although I think SMB3 and SMW also had some influence, and not just in the gameplay department. There were some SMB3 and SMW elements and mechanics spread throughout the game.

Stooben Rooben said:
Lavos said:
Actually, by gameplay, I meant the level design. I just felt like the first world had the same elements as the last. And I realize that I am probrably the only one that dislikes this game, it's just my opinion, and anyone who likes it is entitled to their opinion too.

I did find a couple of the levels to be poorly designed, but some of them were pretty inventive too, if I remember right. (Wasn't there a level that took place on a giant Wiggler?)

Back