New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Are you getting New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
They better not let you use Demo Play on the final boss. I get realy annoyed when n00by little kids brag how awesome they are at a game when thier siblings beat most, if not all, of it. This might be even more annoying because in this case the game just beat the final boss for them because the kid sucked at playing. XP

- 8 worlds
- expect level maps with branching paths, much like NSMB on DS
- mushroom huts for power-ups
- mid-map fortress
- world-ending castle
- split-second pause for all characters when one dies has now been removed
- plot: Mario is saving Peach, who has been kidnapped by Bowser
- eat hammer bros. hammers with Yoshi
- rafts can sink if they have too many people on it, which is indicated by a number
- roller coaster level with a coaster made of bones
- start with 5 lives
- level will end if all 4 players die at the same time, even if other players have lives left
- tossing fire or ice attacks at your co-op friends doesn't hurt them
- tossing a barrel at co-op friends hurts them
- Bowser, Bowser Jr. and the Koopa Kids are all enemies Shocked (finally, all the family together, just the mom left XD)
- tons of hidden paths and coins
- there are a few special Toad-rescuing missions to save a toad. These missions will take place in already-cleared levels
- competitive multiplayer modes: Free For All and Coin Battle
- Free For All: see who can get the high score
- Coin Battle: collect the most coins
- multiplayer levels include stages from the co-op mode, as well as new levels
- one Coin Battle stage is a ghost house
- boos return
- another Coin Battle stage is based on 1-2 of Super Mario Bros

I copy-pasted from another forum, but it did't had any source saddly

maledict said:
- 8 worlds Awesome
- expect level maps with branching paths, much like NSMB on DS Awesome
- mushroom huts for power-ups Cool
- mid-map fortress Well duh
- world-ending castle -.- of course there one
- split-second pause for all characters when one dies has now been removed ?
- plot: Mario is saving Peach, who has been kidnapped by Bowser Obviously
- eat hammer bros. hammers with Yoshi I Read that in the Official Nintendo Magazine, Cool
- rafts can sink if they have too many people on it, which is indicated by a number Good Feature
- roller coaster level with a coaster made of bones EPIC WIN
- start with 5 lives Good
- level will end if all 4 players die at the same time, even if other players have lives left Already new that
- tossing fire or ice attacks at your co-op friends doesn't hurt them Good
- tossing a barrel at co-op friends hurts them Competitive Time!
- Bowser, Bowser Jr. and the Koopa Kids are all enemies Shocked (finally, all the family together, just the mom left XD) Good
- tons of hidden paths and coins Cool
- there are a few special Toad-rescuing missions to save a toad. These missions will take place in already-cleared levels EPIC ADDITION!
- competitive multiplayer modes: Free For All and Coin Battle Cool
- Free For All: see who can get the high score Cool
- Coin Battle: collect the most coins duh!
- multiplayer levels include stages from the co-op mode, as well as new levels Cool
- one Coin Battle stage is a ghost house Cool
- boos return duh!
- another Coin Battle stage is based on 1-2 of Super Mario Bros EPIC!

I copy-pasted from another forum, but it did't had any source saddly

Thats what i think!

Bowser, Bowser Jr. and the Koopa Kids are all enemies Shocked (finally, all the family together, just the mom left XD)
IT'S. ABOUT. FREAKING. TIME.

Honestly, I don't understand WHY they couldn't do this from the very beginning. Like I said before, it was pretty stupid how they were using Bowser Jr. to replace all seven of them. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily hate Bowser Jr., but at the same time, I'm not the biggest fan of him, either.

SolarBlaze said:
Bowser, Bowser Jr. and the Koopa Kids are all enemies Shocked (finally, all the family together, just the mom left XD)
IT'S. ABOUT. FREAKING. TIME.

Honestly, I don't understand WHY they couldn't do this from the very beginning. Like I said before, it was pretty stupid how they were using Bowser Jr. to replace all seven of them. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily hate Bowser Jr., but at the same time, I'm not the biggest fan of him, either.

Per.

Also, I kind of wanted the path to be more linear, so that you had to do all 8 worlds (unless you used warps)

A lot of people are dissapointed at some stuff and happy for other but we should be grateful its being made in the first place

Crackin355 said:
A lot of people are dissapointed at some stuff and happy for other but we should be grateful its being made in the first place
Per. Some people are being pesamistic about this, but like Crackin' said, we should be grateful that Nintendo is even making the game.

Jeff said:
Crackin355 said:
Per. Some people are being pesamistic about this, but like Crackin' said, we should be grateful that Nintendo is even making the game.
I'm seriously tired of people bitching about how there isn't online play. It'd be nice, sure, but it doesn't make that much of a difference in a game like this.

Vile said:
Jeff said:
Crackin355 said:
I'm seriously tired of people bitching about how there isn't online play. It'd be nice, sure, but it doesn't make that much of a difference in a game like this.

I wonder how they came up with the idea?

Has anybody seen this yet?

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9006374&publicUserId=5379721

According to that site, Kamek is going to be in this game, playing a similar role to the one he played in the Yoshi's Island series. However, instead of him changing the boss' size, he's going to be changing the environment to make the boss battles more difficult.

SolarBlaze said:
Has anybody seen this yet?

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9006374&publicUserId=5379721

According to that site, Kamek is going to be in this game, playing a similar role to the one he played in the Yoshi's Island series. However, instead of him changing the boss' size, he's going to be changing the environment to make the boss battles more difficult.
I'm calling it. This will be better than SMB3 and SMW combined.

According to a couple of previews I've read, this game is also supposedly bastard hard.

Good, I need a challenge. Hopefully this demo play thing means that Nintendo is gonna start making their games hard again, to please their hardcore fans, while also providing an easy way for casuals.

Do any of you know if in single player you can choose who you want to play as?

Vile said:
I'm calling it. This will be better than SMB3 and SMW combined.

According to a couple of previews I've read, this game is also supposedly *bleep* hard.

Probably because its multiplayer and some parts are hard for multiplayer. Although some parts are easier in multiplayer. This is all according to everything i've read about the game.

The Koopalings look really weird next to Bowser Jr.

Back