New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Are you getting New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
So, Ice Mario returns... Except with a blue shirt and red overalls instead of an icy body. But wasn't the Penguin suit supposed to throw ice balls? There's still a possibility that they kept the Penguin Suit for underwater, but still.

Shadow Bowser said:
So, Ice Mario returns... Except with a blue shirt and red overalls instead of an icy body. But wasn't the Penguin suit supposed to throw ice balls? There's still a possibility that they kept the Penguin Suit for underwater, but still.
I think they might've just replaced the Penguin Suit with the Ice Suit for unknown reasons. (stuff like this seems to happen alot in game development) Though we don't know for sure until the game comes out. :-\

Noah's Servant said:
unknown reasons.
Uh, no. A penguin suit is dorky.

Piraka Wario said:
Noah's Servant said:
unknown reasons.
Uh, no. A penguin suit is dorky.
Nintendo never really changed anything because it was dorky, just look at some of the names of the mini-games in any Mario Party. :P

Noah's Servant said:
Shadow Bowser said:
I think they might've just replaced the Penguin Suit with the Ice Suit for unknown reasons. (stuff like this seems to happen alot in game development) Though we don't know for sure until the game comes out. :-\

They're both in. However, the Ice Flower doesn't let you do that special slide, but instead of turning enemies into platforms, you can turn them into blocks to throw at other enemies.

The Koopalings get Magikoopa wands, and Bowser Jr. gets his own Koopa Clown Car.

I like Bowser loves Jr. more than his other children.

I am SO psyched about this game! Koopalings back, old-school goodness, and a bunch of other new things that I'd like to see how they turn out.

Like the Super Guide. I may or may not use it depending, but I think this is a good step in the direction of turning newcomers into full-blown gamers!

Kamek said:
Some of the Koopalings (i.e. Iggy) have the wrong shell and/or hair colors. :(
That's on purpose. Iggy's hair was changed to make him more different from Lemmy. Since they went through all this trouble to change Iggy's hair, they must be planning on using the Koopalings again sometime in the future. If they were put in this game just for fanservice, I doubt they'd bother to redesign Iggy. They must be planning to put them in SMG2.

Dr. Evil said:
Kamek said:
Some of the Koopalings (i.e. Iggy) have the wrong shell and/or hair colors. :(
That's on purpose. Iggy's hair was changed to make him more different from Lemmy. Since they went through all this trouble to change Iggy's hair, they must be planning on using the Koopalings again sometime in the future. If they were put in this game just for fanservice, I doubt they'd bother to redesign Iggy. They must be planning to put them in SMG2.
That's something to look foward to. :) (if it really happens)

f yeah lemmy my favorite koopaling 8)

Vile said:
2 new videos.

Also, that magazine scan apparently called the Koopalings "Koopa's Henchmen."
Some people seem to think this means that in Japan, they aren't considered his children, just his underlings. If it's true, then it explains why Bowser Jr. got that name despite being the youngest, and why he's next in line for the throne; he's actually Bowser's only child.

Smashgoom202 said:
Check this out, boss fight against Lemmy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqGpk3HU9YI
Pretty good. I kinda wish they had made him a little more interesting. I mean, I wish he did something other than summon balls.

Here's the intro in action:

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14354229/super-mario-wii-2/videos/smbwii_gmp_gameopening.html

Apparently, Peach is getting kidnapped on her birthday.

SolarBlaze said:

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14354229/super-mario-wii-2/videos/smbwii_gmp_gameopening.html

Reminds me of the Conker's Pocket Tales opening. Except it's the girl's birthday. The bad guys even both pop out of the cake and everything.

SolarBlaze said:

I like it. :)

HYPE ALERT!!!!!!!!!now I can't really wait for this game, but haven't you noticed the koopalings inconsistent height? now morton it's the biggest koopaling, and ludwig it's almost as small as bowser jr (in this game, since bowser jr have become way BIG on the galaxy)

maledict said:
HYPE ALERT!!!!!!!!!now I can't really wait for this game, but haven't you noticed the koopalings inconsistent height?
Isn't everyone in the Mario series like that?

Back