good stuff that happened in 2020

Chair

yo that's a sick chair tho
Pronouns
He/him
honestly, one of the only good things I can find is the creation of fall guys. I dunno, but if u find something else, feel free to post it in here

honestly? personally ive played some great games for the first time this year!! like rayman 3, mario + rabbids, dkc2! i also got my room redecorated a bit last month, moving around the furniture and even adding one new one, i technically even have my own tv now! though its backlight is broken for now.
honestly it might also be really good to list what good has happened to you this year rather then just what good happened in general. it may be uplifting

Good to see topics like this for once. It always feels better to look at what's gone well.

So, as I've said before, I got my first job this summer, and was finally able to buy that 3DS I wanted for so long, along with quite a few fantastic games for it I missed the first time around (Bowser's Inside Story, Sticker Star, Kirby: Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot, to name a few). I've also been the lead admin of WiKirby since March, so that's been cool and it's quite the experience seeing how different the place is now from its state 2.5 years ago.

Nintendo-wise, while this has undeniably been a slow year, Nintendo came through and gave us Origami King, Animal Crossing, and Super Mario 3D All-Stars...not to mention the secretly awesome Kirby Fighters 2 that Nintendo didn't even bother to advertise, the recent Super Mario Bros. 35, and the upcoming Mario Kart Live and Hyrule Warriors. Not a bad year for Nintendo, all things considered. And who knows, maybe Directs will return in 2021.

I'm honestly about to bet that nothing bad is gonna happen this month (other than trump being infected but let's face it is that really a bad thing?) well I mean Ig I joined the forum this year so that kinda counts like a good thing :>

Wfh has been good despite going mad because it's been 7 months 😂

New job

For me personally, I was really happy to get a Switch. I'm also enjoying Mario's 35th anniversary, I was surprised to see a ton of the rumors come true. Lastly, joining the Mario Boards.

can't reveal what it is but something divine happened in my life the other week and i feel exponentially better about life now
also being here was cool, i did join in 2019 but most of my experiences were in 2020

i think the main good thing that happened to me in 2020 is that i've completely changed as a person. i joined the board when i was 12, and i did it because i wanted to join this place for some time, and i was waiting for the perfect time to do so. my english was pretty bad back then (it's not THAT good now but definitely way better than it was 4 years ago) considering the fact that it's not even my native language. now a lot of time has passed, and this year i achieved many things, like playing some games i didn't get the chance to play back then because i wasn't capable of doing many things, graduating from middle school to high school, and even making a whole lot of new discoveries considering the fact that i have a lot of new interests, other than kids stuff, such as game series i didn't care about back then, anime, and some movies i didn't have the balls to watch because they weren't cartoony enough for my tastes. i'm quite thankful for this change, and some of my old interests even helped me reach this point, those being video games, movies and even the marioboards, which i'm so happy i found because i wouldn't be who i am now without it. it introduced me to some of my interests now and even twitter and discord, and while twitter can be incredibly toxic, it helps me communicate and make new friends, just like other social medias i use. however, video games might be the main reason why i became who i am, because games like mario galaxy made me love to explore in real life, and some games with a gorgeous artsyle inspire me and make me think i should become an animator one day. i'm just thankful for all these things, and 2020 is the year where i actually became mature and responsible, and i hope i have a bright future ahead of me.

oh and i guess theres also among us. its pretty fun
edit: shit i just remembered among us came out in 2018. i mean it became popular in 2020 so iiiiiiii guess it counts?

Last edited:
Well, I did start boarding here, but that's the only good thing that's happened to me.

Hm.. as for things worldwide, there's been a lot of phenomenal television shows aired this year. Especially on Netflix.

Personally it's been the best year of my life. I'm finally living in a home I'm comfortable in, and a friend group that I'm comfortable with. I'm finally living out my dreams lol.

Well, I missed out on a lot of the fun parts of my senior year, but at least I got to graduate from high school. And now I'm in college, which has been so refreshing. I was getting really sick of being stuck at home cause it was a mess there (parents are practically hoarders, long story). It's nice to actually have a clean living space for once in my life. I feel more motivated now than I have in my entire life.

I also started dating my boyfriend this year, and he's awesome. Today's our 9 month anniversary, and we're still going strong :)

I'm not gonna pretend that this year was good. But it's nice to be reminded of the good things sometimes.

i didn't watch frozen 2 back when it got released in late 2019 so that's one cool 2020 thing

I joined Mario Boards. I got Luigi's Mansion 3, Mario Tennis Aces and Crash 4 realized

Trump lost and that means we won't have someone in the White House espousing anti-Latino rhetoric (yeah I know he mostly targets Mexicans but let's be real here, for racists, all Latino people are interchangeable. Unfortunately the same sometimes applies to non-racists too but that's neither here nor there) nor will I fear that my rights as an LGBT citizen of this country will be stripped away.

I joined Mario Boards, made some new friends, started 10th Grade, played some new games, and celebrated my fourth annieversary on the wiki.

America has rejected fascism. Although the win could have been a bit better and shouldn't have been up to Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvannia flipping by that margin, I'd still take it over another 4 years of a hateful, spiteful little prick in office. No more having a president that calls soldiers who died in war "losers" or having a president saying that "I like people who aren't captured". No more eroding the Migratory Bird treaty act. I hope we reverse the terrible transgender policy in the military, allowing them to serve with their preferred gender again. And I would like to see the removal of Andrew Wheeler, Barr, DeVos, DeJoy, and...pretty much every Trump appointed toady in office.

Biden isn't my ideal candidate, but it feels good to have a president with actual integrity again.

I feel like one unmentioned good thing about America's rejection of fascism and Trumpism is that I haven't seen that many people talking about just a 'return to normalcy' because I think a lot of people are well aware that the alt-right isn't just going to *poof* away come inauguration day. The fight still isn't over just because we're going to have Democrat in office.

I've always said there's more work to be done. Booting Mitch McConnell out of the Senate is a priority. I'm also concerned that Trump may try to pull off a Grover Cleveland and attempt to run again.

Back