Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

I've been trying to see what has been modded into those games and I haven't seen much. I've seen mods FROM Hyrule Warriors but I didn't see much IN those games. Not even simple skin mods?

I'm always up for seeing more of Urbosa kicking ass and Revali being an obnoxious tryhard dork. Could be really fun.

It's too bad Kass and Bolson are most likely not yet alive during this time period, or they might make fine additions to the cast. Bolson mowing down hordes of lynels with a ball peen hammer would be glorious.

They might base a character off of Kass' teacher.

image-asset.jpeg

A younger Impa is playable in this one, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of her design. She looks like...another character from BoTW (forgot her name) that is redecoed into this. I've liked Impa for her more masculine, androgynous design in Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, and Hyrule Warriors, but here, she's too feminine for my tastes and doesn't say "Impa" to me.

I wish old lady Impa teleported back in time or something just so she could playable in the game.

A younger Impa is playable in this one, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of her design. She looks like...another character from BoTW (forgot her name) that is redecoed into this. I've liked Impa for her more masculine, androgynous design in Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, and Hyrule Warriors, but here, she's too feminine for my tastes and doesn't say "Impa" to me.

Well ignoring that Zelda loves to do that whole "generations of people somehow keep looking the same" thing. I remind you Impa has had no set in stone design. She's varied so much that to say something doesn't look "Impa" enough is kinda silly.

Meh, I like both old woman Impa and the OoT/SS/HW Impa. In fact, I'd be down hacking and slashing armies with a Grandma Impa.

Well ignoring that Zelda loves to do that whole "generations of people somehow keep looking the same" thing. I remind you Impa has had no set in stone design. She's varied so much that to say something doesn't look "Impa" enough is kinda silly.
if anything I just want the big-bodied impa playable :P

Big bodied Impa crushes people with her......presence.

Master Kohga is playable and he is voiced. Also, strange villain at the end.

I think it's pretty confirmed this game will have full voice-acting just like BoTW, which is so great. Hyrule Warriors should have gotten full voice-acting like the other Warriors titles so we can hear as we're battling enemies rather than needing to read text, so this would be great.

That dude at the end looks kinda like Yuga from A Link Between Worlds. I find that interesting mainly because Yuga was actually a DLC character for the original Hyrule Warriors.

I could also see the character being Agahnim from A Link to the Past purely because that's another character form an early game that hasn't been brought back.

(Yuga for point of reference)

Yuga.png

Or maybe ganondorf. In the trailer of botw2 we can se that ganondorf (I think its ganondorf) has the same Gerudo thingy on the cape.

Or maybe ganondorf. In the trailer of botw2 we can se that ganondorf (I think its ganondorf) has the same Gerudo thingy on the cape.

Good guess, but I think this is a canonization of a new version of Yuga. Especially after looking carefully at the eyes and hair of the guy in the trailer.
The eye shape and eyeshadow are almost identical to that of Yuga, and the hooded guy as braided hair like Yuga. The most telling thing is definitely the jewel on his forehead, which is almost exactly the same as Yuga's aside from the addition of a Malice eye.
You COULD say that the jewel makes it more likely to be Ganondorf, but nah. The 'Dorf's jewel was much more grandiose (as seen in the BotW2 trailer).

i played the demo

honestly, this game is more fun than i thought it would be. i never played a dynasty warriors game before like hyrule warriors and fire emblem warriors, so this is an experience for me. the demo does a nice job at showing you what the game is all about: destroying the enemies like they're ants, and tryna do some combos against bosses. speaking of bosses, they're all stroooong! moblins and guardians are way scarier here than they were in botw, like, the amount of times i died to the first moblin is embarrassing (very hard mode was on but still). of the three playable characters in the demo, i guess impa is my fave to play as. i found it easy to land combos with her and she made bosses pretty easy. link plays well, and i found shield surfing to be really useful if you dont wanna fight the enemies, and it's also really fun to use. i barely used zelda so i cant say much about her. i don't like how items work tho. apples are really rare, and that sucks when it's the only food you can get (at least in the demo).

overall tho, this demo was really fun, and it made me more excited for the game

That dude at the end looks kinda like Yuga from A Link Between Worlds. I find that interesting mainly because Yuga was actually a DLC character for the original Hyrule Warriors.

I could also see the character being Agahnim from A Link to the Past purely because that's another character form an early game that hasn't been brought back.

(Yuga for point of reference)

View attachment 7192
Yeah, I was thinking maybe Ganondorf, although the guy you're talking about is way skinnier than Ganondorf's corpse looked in the teaser.

Game's out now.

Also, footage of all playable characters

Teba and Terrako are gonna be my mains.

Back