Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Power Flotzo

Star Spirit
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Power Flotzo
Nintendo and Koei Tecmo announced a brand-new Hyrule Warriors game today, taking place 100 years before the events of Breath of the Wild.

Trailer:

Oh fuck yeah, this is hype.

THIS LOOKS SICK I LOVE HYRULE WARRIORS I LOVE BOTW I LOVE EVERYTHING MY DAY IS SO MUCH BETTER NOW YESSSSSSSSS
Sorry Mario remasters, I'm way more hyped for this than you!

Not only that, this will make BotW the first in a trilogy that will be released Star Wars-style: original, prequel, and sequel!

On a more in-world/story perspective, this kinda makes the first two BotW installments reflect aspects of the Triforce: let me explain it like this; this prequel will end with Ganon's power reigning over Hyrule for 100 years. BotW ended with Link vanquishing the Calamity with help from the guidance and wisdom of the Sheikah and Zelda.

Hopefully BotW 2 will show Link's courage as he faces the true face and king of all evil: Ganondorf!

Do I still get to play as Toon Link

Not likely, considering the game is a canon prequel to BoTW, so I'm just expecting BoTW characters.

Lana could still show up 👀

I don't think so, OG Hyrule Warriors in not canon while this game was specifically asked for by Aonuma to be created in order to show what happened 100 years before BotW, meaning it's canon.
Unless Koei Tecmo got permission to canonize their OCs then there's no way Lana, Cia, Linkle, or anybody like that will be in it.

They might have completely new OCs specifically created for the prequel event though, but I think there's more direction from Nintendo this time so we're less likely to see someone who looks like, say, Cia.

I can't wait to mow down hordes with Revali, and I hope the motorbike and Epona (either one) turn out as weapons too. I'd love Epona back.

I kinda disappointed we're not likely to see playable Talon because that would be dope. :wink:

A Warriors game seems like a pretty fitting way to tell the prequel story IMO. Never played Hyrule or even FE Warriors but I might give this a try, mostly because of the story and characters.

I'm not sure if it's a game that I'll own, considering my economic situation in my country. I'd probably want to get spoiled, thinking I'll probably get it something like five months after its release

I would stay buyer beware for pre-orders even if they try to make it attractive with such bonuses.

I just meant as a Zelda fan, it's cool to play as them. Who else do you think will be playable?
Probably other recurring Breath of Wild characters. Impa seems really likely. I haven't played much Breath of the Wild myself, though, but we might get some unexpected ones too, as how we got Agitha from Twilight Princess as playable in the first Hyrule Warriors.

Back