unpopular opinions

Teedgee

wheres the bathroom
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
so some of you might be like "uh toddgayer, arent there already unpopular opinion treads like mario and smash bros?" well this thread is one where we discuss unpopular opinions about, well, anything.

obviously we won't discuss unpopular opinions about mario or smash bros since there's already threads for those. i don't know if there are any video game unpopular opinions threads, so if there aren't ig video games in general are allowed here.

they can range from anything, whether it's movies, tv, or real life.

i dunno what else to say, i guess don't attack people for having different opinions than you, obviously. to start, i'll share a few unpopular opinions:

-being really cold is better than being really hot
-white chocolate is delicious
-spiders aren't scary, but moths are
-dubbed anime is better than subbed anime
-a lot of websites like youtube and discord are better on mobile (mostly coz im used to the mobile versions)
-mosquitoes are annoying, but not as annoying as people say they are
-i dont like dreaming

-white chocolate is delicious
Wait that's an unpopular opinion

I recall seeing people "feel sorry" when one is left with white chocolate Kit Kat but that sounds a hell lot better than the regular variant lmao

On the other hand I don't like the standard chocolate on donuts.

-being really cold is better than being really hot (Agree, cannot stand to be cold)
-white chocolate is delicious (I like white chocolate as well)
-spiders aren't scary, but moths are (I cannot stand spiders or moths!)
-dubbed anime is better than subbed anime (Never really cared for anime)
-a lot of websites like youtube and discord are better on mobile (mostly coz im used to the mobile versions) (Youtube on Mobile: OK, Discord: only use it on the computer)
-mosquitoes are annoying, but not as annoying as people say they are (They are a nuisance, but I don't mind them)
-i dont like dreaming (I don't really dream)

I prefer Strawberry coating on Donuts, but I can cope with chocolate.

My unpopular opinion:
Issue 1 of The Shroom is the best issue., on a par with the next best. Issue 111.

-spiders aren't scary, but moths are
Well then you'd hate my house lol, we're literally infested with Indian meal moths.

Also people hate white chocolate? White chocolate is great!

Some others:

-dubs > subs indeed, at least in general

-cockroaches are disturbingly creepy but I'm more scared of bees and wasps

-OCs are overrated and more often than not feel shoehorned into a universe where they have more power than anyone else. Yes there are good OCs, but they are few and far between. I prefer to use established characters to write stories.

-I like wacky exotic flavors of ice cream but you really can't beat strawberry

-green beans are good, as are mashed potatoes. Broccoli's tolerable at worst, but lettuce is a culinary travesty that never should have been considered edible

-In games that have more than one color palette for a character I gravitate towards the one I'm familiar with, no matter how cool the others might look

-green beans are good, as are mashed potatoes. Broccoli's tolerable at worst, but lettuce is a culinary travesty that never should have been considered edible
Someone must've hated you a lot to cook/prepare lettuce this bad :cheep:

Talk to me; I prefer tan oreos, I prefer white cupcakes, I prefer vanilla ice cream, I prefer plain glazed over chocolate donut, I prefer white fudge.

But I have 97% dark chocolate as a friend so I can't be racist.

I really hope this thread doesn't become a place where people talk about their bigotry as an "unpopular opinion in real life" (ie SJWs suck or enbies are transtrenders). Here's hoping it keeps to inoffensive stuff.
  • I'm not a fan of either cats nor dogs. My opinion is slightly tilted in favor of dogs; I especially don't like feral cats. I don't want to own either.
  • I find Pixar a little bit overrated. A lot their prequel/sequels range from bad (Cars 2) to mediocre (Monsters University, Incredibles 2)
  • Chicken hearts are an amazing dish and more people need to eat it.
  • A great way to sustainably farm meat is to start eating insects. Farming insects have a low ecological footprint compared to red meat and can be very tasty. If we're fine eating shrimp, we should have no problems trying out bugs.
  • Diet soda is generally shit but it's overall a harmless option, and diabetics can enjoy it without any problems.
  • Vegetables are as good as the chef cooks them. It's not the vegetable's fault that boiled spinach is a bad way to cook it.
  • Snakes and sharks are both adorable and get a lot of unwarranted hate. Especially snakes. I would love to keep a pet corn snake.
  • I hate Apple and its products. I don't know how popular that opinion is but considering how profitable it is, I guess that's unpopular?
  • I think piracy is morally okay for the most part.
  • Music is just as good today as it was before the 2000's.

• I find Pixar a little bit overrated. A lot their prequel/sequels range from bad (Cars 2) to mediocre (Monsters University, Incredibles 2)

Consider yourself lucky I don't go apeshit over that

Snakes and sharks are both adorable and get a lot of unwarranted hate. Especially snakes. I would love to keep a pet corn snake.
Snakes are great and I don't get why they're so hated. Sharks too.

I hate Apple and its products. I don't know how popular that opinion is but considering how profitable it is, I guess that's unpopular?
I use an apple ipod for most of my internet browsing and I often don't go a day without wishing I had an android.

Vanilla is good and all but have you tried the Star Wars flavor (yes that's a real thing)
Christ they make Star Wars for everything.

I find Pixar a little bit overrated. A lot their prequel/sequels range from bad (Cars 2) to mediocre (Monsters University, Incredibles 2)
Agree. Most of their recent output are, from what I've heard, not great at all. Even their more original films, not that sequel mania. I think Cars 2 was what broke it for me, though Brave, Monsters University, and Incredibles 2 added to that load. I also have little interest in Finding Dory.

I want to check out Coco and Toy Story 4 though but I don't have high expectations any more.

i like all insects and even mosquitoes with wasps can be important for our biosystems. shoutouts to the random beetle larvae and full grown tiny beetles i keep seeing around the apartment
thats it i cant think of much more at the moment

Related to the Subs Vs. Dubs discussion, I actually watch films with Subtitles on.

• Music is just as good today as it was before the 2000's.
This is an unpopular opinion? I thought this was a just a minority of older people who thought this.

Consider yourself lucky I don't go apeshit over that
as someone who enjoyed Cars 1 and 3, I must admit Cars 2 was pretty bad

Cars 2 is a movie full of heart. The theme is that you're okay just the way you are.

Sure, the whole "spy" thing doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but remember, this is a movie for KIDS.

FYI, the spy element was planned for Cars 1 as a movie-in-a-movie. The idea was shelved, but it was brought back for Cars 2.

shoutouts to the random beetle larvae and full grown tiny beetles i keep seeing around the apartment

if those are carpet beetles, those are pests since they cause damage to furniture and carpets, not too different from the silverfish.

Cars 2 was an OK movie, but I still prefer Cars 1 over it.

if those are carpet beetles, those are pests since they cause damage to furniture and carpets, not too different from the silverfish.
i dont have carpets and the furtniture seems fine so im ok with those guys. i will let them eat random skin bits off the floor any day
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attagenus_smirnovi theyre those guys by the way im pretty sure. absolutely adore them ngl
whats more concerning is the fact that i keep seeing moths here for the past few months and none of us have any clue where they could even be coming from. theyre in none of the clothes or food from what weve checked. what are they doing here why did one crawl on my screen yesterday

I don't remember Cars 2 much at all, but I thought Cars 3 was pretty great. Will agree that Monsters U, Incredibles 2, and Finding Dory were pretty "eh" though.

Also Toy Story 4 is excellent, easily my favorite Toy Story, and Coco and Onward are also excellent and among Pixar's best.

• I hate Apple and its products. I don't know how popular that opinion is but considering how profitable it is, I guess that's unpopular?
It honestly baffles me how iOS devices are still missing what I consider to be basic OS features coming from my years of using Android devices.

Like they're only just now letting you change the default browser and email apps, meanwhile Android's been able to change literally every single default app for years now.

Back