LavaSherbert's Art Thread

Why is Mija smoking? I'm not a fan of it. I never make my characters smoke. It's gross and could cause cancer!

Why is Mija smoking? I'm not a fan of it. I never make my characters smoke. It's gross and could cause cancer!
That's because it's her character and she does whatever she wants with her.

And because it makes her edgier.
Blitz is correct. It's my character and I won't change her because you don't like it. She's had a hard life and picked up smoking and drinking. She doesn't care about the damage because she doesn't think she'll live long enough to suffer the worst consequences

Dark Light would agree with you at least.

Is writing art? I don't care. I'm showing some excerpts of my favorite hobby in writing: Imagining how my OCs die.

OC Name (what they are from) Context of Death
Aethelle (Kirby)Aethelle serves alongside Meta Knight as a mentor to Kirby, she dies after sustaining a mortal wound in battle. The last thing she does is tell Kirby "I'm sorry I'll never get to see you grow up..."
Ageswap!Aethelle (Kirby)
She'd die after the Regal Amulet situation, the dark matter having ravaged her body beyond the point that it could be healed. But they would try, she would die in the med-bay a few days later, her body too broken to say any last words of apology
Lecta (Splatoon 3)
During the final battle against Mr. Grizz, Shine is struggling to keep Grizz busy. Grizz gets ready to hit Octavio and Elliot with full force, but another vessel intercepts him right before he strikes. The craft is almost entirely destroyed by the hit, but it's interception allows Elliot to defeat Grizz. Elliot, Shine, and Octavio rescue the other craft. They open the other craft's broken pilot's compartment when they return to the surface, inside is Lecta. Lecta is basically already doomed when they open the compartment. The last thing Lecta does is explain her actions, her reason is simple: "I wasn't good enough to be an agent, but I still wanted to help. Dying to save the world is good enough for me…"

Obscura (War of Dimensions/Minecraft)She gets decapitated :)

I'm here to post more things
Pyre.jpg
Pyre2.PNG
Pyre+Chat.PNG
Chai.PNG

(Note, Chai's height is one foot tall)
Chai is a bee who began life destined to be an average worker bee, producing honey and gathering pollen for the hive. But her life plans shifted early in her life, while she was gathering pollen as a new worker, she wandered a bit further from the hive than normal, the bee saw an older woman gathering leaves. She cautiously approached her and watched her from a tree, this began a pattern of the bee watching the woman gather leaves every week fascinated by the person in the isolated area that her hive was in. One day she was watching the woman like normal, but the branch she was on snapped. She fell in front of the woman and then panicked, the hive warned that humans were horrid creatures who killed bees (Buzzbornes) But instead of harming her the woman picked the terrified bee up and made sure she wasn't injured. The woman then released her and let her leave, telling her in the Buzzborne language 'Go free little one.'
The bee came back the next week, fascinated by the woman who spoke the Buzzborne language. When the woman arrived the bee asked her what her name was, the woman said her name was 'Freya' and asked the bee her name, it was then that the bee was confused. Most worker bees in her hive were nameless, treated as a collective. She answered that she didn't have a name. Freya paused before saying 'Well let's give you a name, when you fell out of the tree you landed on some ginger plants, do you like Ginger as your name?'
The bee shook her head. Freya then thought and said 'Well how about Chai? It fits you well.' The bee nodded, Chai was her name now. Chai continued to visit Freya, talking with her and learning about how Freya lived. This was where Chai began to realize how much she loathed the mundane life she was living, seeing Freya was the highlight of her weeks. So one day Chai asked if she could come with Freya, leaving her hive forever. Freya was caught off guard by the question, but allowed Chai to come with her. Freya lived in a small cabin that she said she built when she was younger, once inside she gathered some extra blankets to make a nest for Chai to sleep in.
Freya and Chai lived together for a long time, Chai learning how to make tea and picking up English as a new language. Chai never regretted leaving the hive, deciding to never serve a queen again. Over the years Freya began to grow weaker and fell ill, they both knew Freya would die soon, she was almost 90. Chai took over caring for Freya, and made sure she was comfortable during her last days, and Chai did her best to bury Freya after she died, covering her grave in flowers and ginger plants Chai lived alone for a few years before setting off to find a new home, bringing preserved ginger leaves with her and using Freya's old stirring stick as a staff. Chai now lives in two places, traveling to Sylph city and starting a tea shop called 'Freya & Chai's Teahouse' but Chai's main home is a treehouse far away, but Chai learned warp magic to travel between them.
------------------------
Opinions?

I really like Chai's look. She reminds me of Monnu, and both her and Pyre have some nice design choices! Great work, @LavaSherbert. By the way, are those fire fox things Pyre's companions?

I really like Chai's look. She reminds me of Monnu, and both her and Pyre have some nice design choices! Great work, @LavaSherbert. By the way, are those fire fox things Pyre's companions?
Thank you ❤
The fire creatures are like familiars, they're based on dragons and kangaroos (Long story)

It's really pretty, I like your style and line works lot!
I am personally battling right now with line art and weight, do you have any tips?
Thank you for the compliment, unfortunately the best advice I have is to make a custom brush you like (I'm self-taught and can't explain my process well)

Back