Mario Boards users I come to you with a dire situation

Blue

Plumbing my way into your hearts since 1985
A few days ago I decided to bust out my old SNES. It was mighty beat up. So I popped in a copy of Super Mario World. It was kinda dusty. I remember buying it at a game store a while back. The label is flipped upside down. But that doesn't matter. So I played it then I got to Final Bowser. And something was.....off.....
1596986392492.png

As you can see my capture card was Crap. But what is more interesting is the item box, it's....gone. It disappeared about this point. Just poof. Which was odd but it must of been a glitch. Or so I thought. Then I beat Bowser. I turned off the capture card to watch the credits. But when it got to the Koopalings names they were just....blank. Instead of saying any of the enemy's names for that matter it was just blank. So I was confused. But after the credits finished I turned off the console. Then later I got a new capture card and powered on the SNES. It was very hot. Which was odd. Then after 5 minutes of waiting the game signal appeared.
1596986425260.png

Everything was fine and dandy. Until I opened the file select. The capture card froze completely. But the game kept running. Which was even weirder. Now I didn't take pictures of it like an idiot. But if I remember right the files went something like.
Mario A
Mario B
Him C
Which was odd. Who was him? Anyway I clicked on Him and then was brought to the Yoshi text screen. But instead of Yoshi's usual plea it said.
"Please forgive him. He didn't know what he has created. If you can. Stop him. -Yoshi"
So now I panicked. What did Yoshi mean. So I was put into the Map. It was the autumn theme'd map. The player who had this before must have made some progress. As before the cartridge acted up there was some progress on Mario C. To where they got to the autumn theme. Then they didn't do any more. But anyway. I went to the level on the left. As for some reason the game wouldn't let me go right. The text instead of Mario start it said MLAURIIOGI START! Which appears to be a mix between Mario and Luigi's names? I went deeper. I finished the level. And then after some more levels I hit the Yellow Button. When I did the game crashed. Then the words "Bad.....Boy...." Popped up and the console shut down. Which was even creepier. I decided to unplug the SNES and I'll keep you guys up to date on the matter. I suppose I'll put this in fan creations as I don't know where else it could go.

A few days ago I decided to bust out my old SNES. It was mighty beat up. So I popped in a copy of Super Mario World. It was kinda dusty. I remember buying it at a game store a while back. The label is flipped upside down. But that doesn't matter. So I played it then I got to Final Bowser. And something was.....off.....
View attachment 5906
As you can see my capture card was Crap. But what is more interesting is the item box, it's....gone. It disappeared about this point. Just poof. Which was odd but it must of been a glitch. Or so I thought. Then I beat Bowser. I turned off the capture card to watch the credits. But when it got to the Koopalings names they were just....blank. Instead of saying any of the enemy's names for that matter it was just blank. So I was confused. But after the credits finished I turned off the console. Then later I got a new capture card and powered on the SNES. It was very hot. Which was odd. Then after 5 minutes of waiting the game signal appeared.
View attachment 5907
Everything was fine and dandy. Until I opened the file select. The capture card froze completely. But the game kept running. Which was even weirder. Now I didn't take pictures of it like an idiot. But if I remember right the files went something like.
Mario A
Mario B
Him C
Which was odd. Who was him? Anyway I clicked on Him and then was brought to the Yoshi text screen. But instead of Yoshi's usual plea it said.
"Please forgive him. He didn't know what he has created. If you can. Stop him. -Yoshi"
So now I panicked. What did Yoshi mean. So I was put into the Map. It was the autumn theme'd map. The player who had this before must have made some progress. As before the cartridge acted up there was some progress on Mario C. To where they got to the autumn theme. Then they didn't do any more. But anyway. I went to the level on the left. As for some reason the game wouldn't let me go right. The text instead of Mario start it said MLAURIIOGI START! Which appears to be a mix between Mario and Luigi's names? I went deeper. I finished the level. And then after some more levels I hit the Yellow Button. When I did the game crashed. Then the words "Bad.....Boy...." Popped up and the console shut down. Which was even creepier. I decided to unplug the SNES and I'll keep you guys up to date on the matter. I suppose I'll put this in fan creations as I don't know where else it could go.
I actually never saw this on the internet. It might be some sort of glitch never discovered, but it could be something strange and bizarre that happened with the copy, at least I'm pretty sure that didn't happen with anyone else.

I actually never saw this on the internet. It might be some sort of glitch never discovered, but it could be something strange and bizarre that happened with the copy, at least I'm pretty sure that didn't happen with anyone else.
Hmm....Could be. I am scared to turn on the console. It's not flat out scary. Just desturbing.

Just return your damn copy and get one that actually works properly.

Breaking: Gamer found dead in a palm tree after having last been seen by pawnshop keeper. Causes of death unknown, asphyxiation by hat made of red fabric suspected.

Your machine sucks. Go toss it in the trash, it's way past its time if it's bad enough to glue cartridges together in that manner.

Your machine sucks. Go toss it in the trash, it's way past its time if it's bad enough to glue cartridges together in that manner.
Yes but, I must go deeper.
I don't know why. But, I have to go deeper. Just somethings pulling me to explore it more.

That's what google is for. Search your problem there. I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who has their melted SNES components ending up gluing blatantly defective copies of the game.

That's what google is for. Search your problem there. I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who has their melted SNES components ending up gluing blatantly defective copies of the game.
Then explain to me why the day before the shenanigans started I played Mario Paint without a hickup and the cartridge wasn't stuck?

Game machines can die like that without any warning. It's happened to me with my hard drive one time, it just suddenly slowed down to a crawl one day and then just died. And all of my data stored in there, gone. Wasn't a nice experience.

Also, if your game is causing your SNES to overheat, your game cartridge is clearly broken and is damaging your console. Keep playing if you want to wind up with a busted SNES.

Wait, you said your cartridge is stuck to the console....what did you do to fix it?

Your cartridge is bad. Throw it away.

But what is more interesting is the item box, it's....gone. It disappeared about this point. Just poof. Which was odd but it must of been a glitch.
i know it's supposed to be a spooky story and not a real problem but i think this part is normal if you don't have anything in reserve during the bowser fight anyway, although it does show up if you do (be it something you brought in or a mushroom peach gives you during the fight)

Despite everyone's warnings I ventured on. I got a new SNES and plopped in the cartridge. This time however..... I popped up at the world map. The yellow switch was activated. So I went on to the left levels. The names for the levels were corrupted and had gone to Crap. So excuse me if I don't remember some of the names. I open up the Yoshi's island on the left. An ear spliting sound happened. I had to grab headphones. When I walked back into the room the screen was black. I pressed A. That's when it happened. The capture card ****ed up again and the words "Turn back now!" Appears. I started to panic again. Then it put me in a black void. The turn back now text moved to the top of the screen. The audio died and Mario spawned. There were two blocks. A block with Yes above it. And a Block with No above it. At this point I realized something was very wrong. However. Being the dumb *** I am. I hit the Yes block. Then the game resumed into Yoshi's island. I beat the levels and everything appeared to be fine. I calmed down and even grabbed a coke. Then I got to the castle and let's just say I had an Ah **** here we go again moment. The castle was corrupted. Hard. I beat the glitchy boss. The cutscene was glitched but then I got to the second world. And the map was bugged. I tried entering another level and it put me in a black void. This time it said: "Look. Turn off the system and give me some time. Come back tommorow and I will have a minute or two to explain." Then after I read that I turned it off. Which was weird. I'm going to wait to see what you guys think I should do next

Despite everyone's warnings I ventured on. I got a new SNES and plopped in the cartridge. This time however..... I popped up at the world map. The yellow switch was activated. So I went on to the left levels. The names for the levels were corrupted and had gone to Crap. So excuse me if I don't remember some of the names. I open up the Yoshi's island on the left. An ear spliting sound happened. I had to grab headphones. When I walked back into the room the screen was black. I pressed A. That's when it happened. The capture card ****ed up again and the words "Turn back now!" Appears. I started to panic again. Then it put me in a black void. The turn back now text moved to the top of the screen. The audio died and Mario spawned. There were two blocks. A block with Yes above it. And a Block with No above it. At this point I realized something was very wrong. However. Being the dumb *** I am. I hit the Yes block. Then the game resumed into Yoshi's island. I beat the levels and everything appeared to be fine. I calmed down and even grabbed a coke. Then I got to the castle and let's just say I had an Ah **** here we go again moment. The castle was corrupted. Hard. I beat the glitchy boss. The cutscene was glitched but then I got to the second world. And the map was bugged. I tried entering another level and it put me in a black void. This time it said: "Look. Turn off the system and give me some time. Come back tommorow and I will have a minute or two to explain." Then after I read that I turned it off. Which was weird. I'm going to wait to see what you guys think I should do next
and then a skeleton jumped out of the tv screen

Back