Megacomic, the AwdryFanFiction

Have you ever disliked something you've written? (Just so I'm not alone)

• Total voters

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
See my recent update for details.
===================================================================================================
I felt like posting my fancomics, so fancomics there shall be. MINE!

Also be careful when eating raisins in large quantities, they come with some real nasty side-effects.

Last edited:

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
I have a very wide variety of comics in the making. Stay tuned for the cringe. #TrustTheFungus

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
1 - The Formula.png
Yep, the first issue. Not the first issue created, but definitely the first released publicly. Also the first to feature the Mario Brothers. As the name suggests, this is really supposed to be a Megaman comic, but I wanted to make the Nintendo characters prominent early on.

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
2 - Prince Peasley.png

Enter His Royal Highness, Prince Peasley of the Beanbean Kingdom! One of my favorite characters, by far. Alphadream should've capitalized on him; he's easily the most entertaining bean in Superstar Saga. At least you can recruit him in Minion Quest.

Last edited:

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
3 - Best Laid Plans.png

Mario's right. Since Peasley flung Fawful all the way to Stardust Fields, he was able to find Bowser and use him as a vessel for Cackletta. And, of course, once he had funding from the Baby Mario Bros. in Partners in Time, Fawful returned with an entire army in tow in Bowser's Inside Story. Clearly, Prince Peasley is the true villain of the Mario & Luigi RPGs.

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
Sprite comics are relatively easy to make, especially when they're simple and don't really have much action, like these first issues of Megacomic. When two characters are simply running through an open field arguing with each other, it's pretty simple to make. That's why I've been spamming these. Trust me, every pixel counts.

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
Sprite comics are relatively easy to make, especially when they're simple and don't really have much action, like these first issues of Megacomic. When two characters are simply running through an open field arguing with each other, it's pretty simple to make. That's why I've been spamming these. Trust me, every pixel counts.
#EveryPixelCounts

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
4 - Ludwig.png

I'm honestly surprised I had such restraint to introduce Ludwig in the fourth issue. But yes, that is his unused sprite from Super Princess Peach, a Nintendo DS game that intended to promote gender equality and yet ended up being the most misogynist games ever, behind every game Capcom has produced. Why I didn't just use his Superstar Saga sprites, I honestly have no clue.

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
As stated on my main page, Issue 5 is underway. I know I said sprite comics are easy but I've had prior commitments to handle. Stay tuned for updates.

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
5 - Glitch in the Matrix, Boss!.png

I cannot apologize enough for the lateness of this comic. But anyways, as stated on my page, everything you know is wrong. Here's a quick rundown: While Ludwig's SPP sprite looks fine alongside M&L:SS sprites, I decided that neither artstyles truly represented Megacomic. Thus, I made the decision to move over to 16-bit sprites, namely from Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. To coincide with the change, I decided to have the series undergo a quick continuity reboot, like how Bob and George by Dave Anez disregarded some earlier comics (and came up with a brilliant explanation near the end of the series). I had fun writing this issue, it's certainly more character-driven. Jimmy, the mentally unstable Koopa Troopa, was written as a means of showing how drastic the effects of the reboot were. I also felt the need to have another Troopa give a Metal Gear Solid-style speech. Then there's Larry and Ludwig. In Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Ludwig was shown to have authority over Larry, so I decided to kick it up a notch, with Ludwig's narcissism truly shining. Originally, Larry was meant to call Ludwig "Boss" but since that would be written as "Both" I decided against it and went all out with "Your Majesty" instead. Larry's accent is meant to highlight him being the youngest of the Koopalings according to Super Mario Advance 4. Ludwig, on the other hand, has a German accent, as featured in several official works (and several other fanfictions). His usage of German terms like "boxsack" also place him as an antithesis of Dieter from Bowser Jr.'s Journey, a character clash I wish to highlight whenever I introduce the Best Fitness Friends. Larry predicting what Ludwig wants him to say implies that this has happened before, and finally, I intend to make the art of "Yoshido" an important plot point later on. If you read all this, good job, hopefully you didn't need to to understand the comic.

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
Welcome to Megacomic, a series of fanfictions created by me, AwdryFan1997! No matter how much I say my series is cringe, there will be no cringe. There will never be cringe in my content. Enjoy!

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
6 - Mega Irony.png

Crossover time! I promised long ago that Megaman would show up, and here he is! Breaking the fourth wall a bit, but it's a sprite comic, what did you expect? Rock was going to end his sentence with "Yet you fail to deny it" referencing the twisted nature of existing in a world you know is fiction. I originally have an additional sentence at the end: "And after all of that... you never anticipated the higher power to pay you a visit." Cut to me (or, an avatar of myself) in the fourth panel instead of Megaman. I'll probably pull that stunt another time. You'll feel really smart for predicting it.

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
7 - Bad Men.png

This was fun. Megaman should've known better than to complain. The issue's title, "Bad Men" is a play on "Bad Boys" the theme of the recently-canceled show Cops.

I know I'll never get a chance to explain this elsewhere, so I'll write it here: Copman, the Protoman-Megaman hybrid seen in this issue, was created by Dr. Wily. Wily, having gained knowledge of Megaman's desire to appear in the comic, Wily took spare parts from some Sniper Joes and built Copman, who he gave as a gift to the Author's Avatar, not only in the hopes of winning his favor but also so Megaman could be arrested. Megaman was jailed on Agri 4, the farm colony planet from Steven Schwatz's The Official Guide to Megaman, where Wily underwent hypnotherapy before Megaman III. Because the Author's Avatar could do whatever he pleased, he seized the now-deserted colony and built a full industrialized prison city, where Megaman is now being held prisoner.

At the end of the day, Super Mario still reigns over the comic.

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
8 - Hiding out.png

It seems Megaman has made an escape from Agri 4 and now seeks shelter in the home of Mr. Video himself, Mario! How? Why? All shall be answered soon!

I knew that if I were to make Megaman a key part of the comic at this point, then it'd have to be a crossover with the Mario series, since this is being posted on the Super Mario Boards. I'll review the rules of the boards shortly, perhaps then we'll see if other series appear more.

AwdryFan1997

Fire Emblem Hater
FUTURE OF MEGACOMIC, MY AWDRYFANFICTION
An Announcement Written by AwdryFan1997

I had no idea how hard this would be.

I have no idea how much attention my comic has received. I have yet to receive any replies to my work. No response. But I can see from the few analytics I have received that I need to cast a wider net. Megacomic is a sprite comic. It is niche. I am new to releasing comics, and I feel pressured to release on a schedule. I have a total of 73 unused issues of Megacomic stored in a Google Doc. I have many, many ideas for comics that I cannot release for many reasons. Thus I am releasing this statement as a means of updating you on the future of Megacomic.

Or, well, Megacomic isn't really an accurate name anymore.

From here on out, Megacomic shall take the form of a more generic fanfiction, being written out. I still believe comics are the way to go, but my spriting skills are not what they were back during the "Unused 73" days. It will be hard not illustrating the content, but I hope to release the occasional picture to show what I'm describing. This saddens me, as I've been developing ideas for some visual tricks, comparable to The Phantom Menace having Anakin with Vader's shadow. I'm a huge fan of stuff like that, they make you feel smart for understanding the reference.

It is my hope that by shortening the time required to bring these satirical stories to reality that the plot can be further advanced with a much more consistent flow.

To conclude this announcement, I'd like to clarify that, with the new format of storytelling, the continuity has been rebooted. Nothing in the previous eight issues is canon now.

-Your Fan, AwdryFan