What's the best original Mario game on the gameboy line?

Mario And Luigi: Super Star Saga

For the original Gameboy I would choose Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins just for the fact Wario was created there.

For the Gameboy Color I don't really know besides the Wario Land series.

For Gameboy Advance I really like Mario Power Tennis (hope that's the right name) but Superstar Saga takes the cake :3

Last edited:
Duping Dario Drs.

does Donkey Kong GB count as a remake or original?

Mario Tennis and 6 Golden Coins are pretty cool too.

And GBA gave birth to M&L so there's that.

For the GBA: "Dos Cero Tres Ochenta y Ocho, hipe-assgscvfsfdwrvfdtvffsb!-MINI MARIO TOY! BUY THEM ALL, BUY THEM ALL. BUY THEM ALL!". That game.

For the GB, it's DK94.

For the GBC, Mario Deluxe is great, but it's more of a port so if that doesn't count, then Mario Tennis.

i basically agree with yoshi flutter jump's post
that being said, the only game boy line games i have even played are SML1&2 and M&L:SSS, and SMB2 but king boo said no remakes so not even that
and for the record, M&L:SSS >>>>>>>> SML2 > SML1

Donkey Kong (1994) and Mario vs Donkey Kong are great, mainly because it expanded on Mario's Donkey Kong gameplay that even the Super Mario series is shy to do. It's also the 2D series that gave Mario a flexible moveset, way before New Super Mario Bros. did it. I know a lot of fans will say that Super Mario already does Mario platforming so the DK-style platforming is redundant, but I really would love the DK-style platforming to return.
(You know, I think this could be a new poll!)

Similarly, the Game & Watch series that uses Mario characters are quite nice to play and provides some cool updates to classics, like how Helmet has an extra coin collection mechanic for extra points.

Thank you for reading.

For GB, Super Mario Land 2.
For GBC, Wario Land? I haven't played it, but it sounds like a good game.
For GBA, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Back