How y'all doing regarding the pandemic?

Orrrrrrrrrrr people could stop protesting and except everyone is equal and that's that.
Even if responses were made by a competent leader and not an orange pissbaby, this coronavirus is particularly aggressive and persistent so expect cases to come and go in waves.

There are two kinds of protests however: the one where butthurt freedom loving idiots can't get a haircut or attend a pool party.

The other is police brutality.

I mean the former shouldn't have happened

Orrrrrrrrrrr people could stop protesting and except everyone is equal and that's that.

DON'T @ ME!
Or hunt me down with pitchforks and knifes.
Nuclear misiles included.

@The Dark Core

People are protesting BECAUSE people aren't equal, routinely and consistently to a systemic and ordered degree black people, gays, trans, women, indigenous people, minorities of all kinds are all treated with different 'equality' than straight white cis men are, and the levels of privilege and 'equality' vary even within each group and mixing of, and that's that on that. Hell, even straight white cis men are treated brutally extrajudicially by police at such a frightening rate, and the fact that it happens to them too is a soulless excuse; why are they ok with it?

I implore you to look into why the protests are happening, because even if you don't agree with particular methods that may or may not be getting enacted by certain groups one way or another, there absolutely is a core and base for action to be taken.

This is, of course, assuming you're talking about BLM and not the anti-mask loons.

excellent use of britney

The George Flyod murder is, to me, a case of striking it while it's extremely hot in the U.S., but also worldwide to an extent. It's the perfect storm. The factors that come into play into why the protests happened are *numerous*, ongoing systemic problems whose legacies go way back (like far before our grandparents are alive). Like, I think I can write an entire essay about these factors, but I argue the central themes behind these protests are income inequality, authoritarianism, and racism (I also think the U.S.'s unique gun culture is contributing to U.S.'s unique police problem). So to understand these protests, you have to understand police brutality, and to understand police brutality, you have to understand what's fueling it.

It can make anyone's head spin.

The general statistics for being black (moreso if you're female and/or a sexual/gender minority) is a vicious brew and a remaining consequence of racism: less likely to be hired, more likely to get shot by the police, more likely to congregate in poor neighborhoods where police adopt broken window policy, more likely to need an abortion while abortion clinics are removed, more likely to get stopped by police, more likely to received the death penalty, seeing police getting away with killing people, were disproportionately denied the vote via removing felon right to vote, were primary targets during the War on Drugs and are more likely to be incarcerated, having KKK members in the police rank, doctors less likely to take black women's concerns seriously, welfare nets that many blacks rely on are getting gutted, black YouTubers being disadvantaged by algorithms, marginalizing media treatment, and so much more disadvantages. Healthcare, court system, police system, economic prospects, education, housing, media, and more, these are all actively working against you.

These are all what black people are struggling with (other races such as Latino and Asians also feel these effects) and we just had elected one of the most outwardly divisive and racist president in recent history that has done nothing except worsen all these problems and engaging in white supremacist/Neo-Nazi apologia and constantly angering anyone who isn't his base. Police brutality is just one of the multitudes of problems, but it's among the worst ones and most visible. Derek Chauvin had a good timing to set off these protests and highlight atrocious and seemingly futile it all is, and how much more we still have to go. Civil rights happened within our parents' lifetimes.

Since the propagation of social media, these people who can feel these systemic problems are also seeing shocking incidents by police probably every day (regardless of context and if reactions are justified or not) on social media, which can further radicalize.

I understand why people will take it to the streets since the pandemic is still looming. I just don't see any other time to make an example. Derek Chauvin's murder is unjustifiable, people just won't wait until the virus is gone, they *have* to try to get attention and sustain that. Others have followed this, hence it gathered international attention. I don't know if the movement will sustain enough momentum to get any sweeping changes enacted; Occupy Wall Street ultimately led to nothing, but the underlying angry people and debilitating circumstances are always going to be there.

Even if we developed a vaccine and somehow everyone got one, those systemic problems are here to stay and continue brewing, and as long as the status quo is maintained (which seems to be what's gonna happen in the U.S., it's a toss-up between status quo and worsening problems; we lose either way but it's a matter of losing less or more), it is going to get worse.

oh also climate change on top of this

Last edited:
@The Dark Core

People are protesting BECAUSE people aren't equal, routinely and consistently to a systemic and ordered degree black people, gays, trans, women, indigenous people, minorities of all kinds are all treated with different 'equality' than straight white cis men are, and the levels of privilege and 'equality' vary even within each group and mixing of, and that's that on that. Hell, even straight white cis men are treated brutally extrajudicially by police at such a frightening rate, and the fact that it happens to them too is a soulless excuse; why are they ok with it?

I implore you to look into why the protests are happening, because even if you don't agree with particular methods that may or may not be getting enacted by certain groups one way or another, there absolutely is a core and base for action to be taken.

This is, of course, assuming you're talking about BLM and not the anti-mask loons.

excellent use of britney
A. I litterly said don't at me.

B. Why do I open my mouth? This is just causing more problems. *sigh*
I know why they are happening. I still think all people are equal and that's my opion. You may have another one. But that does not mean you guys should act like I don't know what's happening or that I'm wrong.
I rest my case and am not going to post again.

A. I litterly said don't at me.

B. Why do I open my mouth? This is just causing more problems. *sigh*
I know why they are happening. I still think all people are equal and that's my opion. You may have another one. But that does not mean you guys should act like I don't know what's happening or that I'm wrong.
I rest my case and am not going to post again.
ok but you literally dont seem to know whats happening and getting defensive about it isnt helping you at all, if anything its making you look willfully ignorant

consider the fact that its a massive privilege of yours that you can comfortably shrug this off, because for others, quite literally their and their loved ones lives are at stake.

honestly, youre right about one thing. if youre not caught up on all the facts and not willing to learn them, then yes, you shouldnt open your mouth.

I still think all people are equal and that's my opion. You may have another one. But that does not mean you guys should act like I don't know what's happening or that I'm wrong.

I mean, I know you're still a kid and all, and what you have is a very naive view of the world. I don't think the phrase "all people are equal" is even remotely correct, not even in terms of a person's character (the vast amount of transphobes, white supremacists, men's right activists, etc. are horrible people) and as pointed out, not treated equally. I'm sure you took history classes of some sort at your school and you should realize that a lot problems with humanity you learned about still are extremely prevalent in our system today; it's not even 100 years that women have been granted suffrage for example and the Equal Rights Amendment isn't even passed yet.

Yes, an amendment for our Constitution that's literally called "Equal Rights" was rejected multiple times, because of underlying bigotry in the Republican Party.

how about saying "People should not be treated differentially based on sex, gender, sexuality, race, nationality, age, disability, physical appearance or attractiveness, health, etc. UNLESS doing so is necessary."

To be quite honest, my life has not changed much with this pandemic, I just go to work, with due safety of course, and when I get home, I will play some games as usual.

well i think the ones such as race are less likely, but say for disability there could be some things that would be made unsafe unless certain precautions are taken.

I mean, MiracleDinner isn't 100% wrong. For example, police treat people with mental health conditions spectacularly poorly, because they expect those people to understand commands and orders the same way neurotypical people do (I apologize beforehand if I had a lack of a better word to describe people without mental health issues), and thus are more likely to be victims of police brutality than neurotypical people, because such people don't understand as well and as earlier said, the system actively works against people with mental health conditions since they're highly stigmatized in society and they lack access to proper care that they need.

That being said, I do agree that it's poorly worded on her part, and too often their condition can be used as pandering or treated differently in a way that negatively affects them and downplays their conditions to the point of disrespect. Yes, people with wheelchairs do need more leeway in society, but too often I've seen them treated...like they're completely dependent people, I can't describe it exactly but I hope some of you get my point.

oh of course i don't support disrespecting people based on anything that i listed

That really should be common decency honestly but it's unfortunate that our US political system doesn't seem to agree with it.

Times right now are rough and brutal, so it's understandable to get a bit testy.

Back