How y'all doing regarding the pandemic?

I'm not bad, could be better

how about saying "People should not be treated differentially based on sex, gender, sexuality, race, nationality, age, disability, physical appearance or attractiveness, health, etc. UNLESS doing so is necessary."
enlighten me on when treating people differently based solely on those characteristics is ever necessary
In an ideal world, people should all be treated equally, but our world is rife with systemic issues that constantly put people at a disadvantage. We don't treat people equally, and we probably shouldn't if we're going by the definition of "equally". You may have heard about the differences of equality and fairness, where equality refers to giving everyone an equal share of rights whereas fairness, that share gets a bit weighted toward less privileged and less to more privileged. You're probably aware of affirmative action that favors qualified (key word) applicants of a racial minority. We're already providing accommodations of different content and such for people with disabilities, another case of technically, we're treating people differently.

Anyway might sound like silly pedantry, but I think it's important to know that distinction just so MiracleDinner can clarify her questions with examples and we can add to what she says, but we all know MiracleDinner's and Lord Bowser's heart are in the right place.

It's on a tangent but I think this forum's racial demographics are majority white (gender and sexual orientation is pretty diverse) and I think it'll be very valuable if we received more input from minority demographics. I speak my opinion from a position of suburban cisgender white upper middle-class privilege (to put into context, my area's median house price is around $700,000), I really don't get to experience first-hand of the stuff that's being described, by me and by posts I agree with. It's all abstract to me, probably abstract to a lot of us, and we all benefit from their input.

It's on a tangent but I think this forum's racial demographics are majority white (gender and sexual orientation is pretty diverse) and I think it'll be very valuable if we received more input from minority demographics. I speak my opinion from a position of suburban cisgender white upper middle-class privilege (to put into context, my area's median house price is around $700,000), I really don't get to experience first-hand of the stuff that's being described, by me and by posts I agree with. It's all abstract to me, probably abstract to a lot of us, and we all benefit from their input.
i have said before on the forum but i have 50% white and 50% asian genetics and you can see that in my appearance but personally, i feel that it doesn't affect my life significantly

Ah, well you're still partially white, maybe you pass as white. To the police, you perhaps appear white. I'm also half white and half Asian too, I still feel I speak from a position of privilege myself. Not sure if my last name is going to affect me a lot in the hiring process but it's explicitly Chinese and I'm aware that having a nonwhite last name does affect your chances of getting hired (empolyers see an Asian last name and assume there's going to be language problems), see here.

I don't think there may be not second wave aka huge second wave during fall and winter because a lots of people are wearing masks, social stuff, etc to avoid future waves.
So guys is second wave may happen or not happen for rest of the year. Vaccine may be coming before end of the year or early next year. Can you help me, I'm scared of second wave possible coming in fall and winter, tell me its not gonna happen please?

These articles probably answer your question about the second wave concerns:

The US is still stuck in the first wave, by the way. We are just horribly striken by this virus.

I heard there hasn't really been much covid spikes from BLM Protests. It's mostly coming from the anti-mask/anti-lockdown protesters (and the entire states that cave to them). Turns out most of the BLM protesters are being smart about it, wearing masks and using hand sanitizer.

I worry for Massachusetts, despite every state that reopened getting hit hard by covid19, it's decided to follow in those states lead. Restaurants in my hometown are already starting to dine in again too. Surprisingly(?) the fancy establishments for people with a lot of money were the first to reopen indoor dining, packed too. Rich people are just that careless, huh?

Surprisingly(?) the fancy establishments for people with a lot of money were the first to reopen indoor dining, packed too. Rich people are just that careless, huh?

This isn't surprising in the least. I mean, these people are the least affected by practically any issue, so of course their entitled asses would be the first to gleefully reopen doors at the expense of everyone else.

I hope pandemic virus will be die down by late August or September/October soon. Then a vaccine would released between end of the year or early 2021. Hopefully all Americans will take a vaccine by order by CDC to get rid all virus soon.

I have a feeling September-December will might get better soon if virus is disappearing by vaccine will release between end of 2020 or early 2021 if it was successes. Is there's going to be bad second wave by fall-winter or not?

Again, I already answered your question by linking articles. Google that question.

When a vaccine will be success and it will released between end of 2020 or early 2021. Will coronavirus will end before end of the year or 2021?

Three months after my previous post in this thread, I finally return! What new and exciting updates on pandemic life will I provide? Listen well friends, to my wise words...

This sucks.

When a vaccine will be success and it will released between end of 2020 or early 2021. Will coronavirus will end before end of the year or 2021?

You have the internet at your fingertips. Plenty of people asked that question as well. You have the word of the experts easily available online that can answer your question far better than any of us can.

I don't leave the house often anyway, so my life hasn't been affected too much. Although...

On March 11, I took my cat Wookiee to the vet (RIP). I did not leave the property again until June 6, which is when I adopted my cat Darla. So that's a three month period where I did not leave the property at all. Since then, I've been out a few times for veterinary visits and such.

I struggled with a lot of guilt and grief after Wookiee's death, and I think having to stay home may have made that more difficult in a way. This may sound odd, but I feel almost as if a curse was broken on that June day when I brought Darla home. Not only had I left the house for the first time since March, but I also brought home a new kitten. I now have a new baby to take care of and my other cat Dougie has a buddy again (I think he grieved for Wookiee as well).

My state keeps breaking records for new COVID-19 cases and boy oh boy I sure do love and appreciate our asshole government's decision to reopen and the governor's statement that they won't be rolling back reopening even with these massive increases in cases. :^)

Luckily I've only left the house like twice since early March and both times were just to go to Mickey D's (and the second time was via the drive-thru) and my grandpa only leaves the house to go to our other house and do the whole curbside pickup grocery thing and in the rare times where he has to actually go in a building, he always wears a mask and social distances, so we're still fine here.

By August-December or early next year hopefully virus will dies very soon as a vaccine will release soon this year or early next year.

Here is more information about a possible second wave in fall or winter (Is this gonna be true by winter or fall?):
Also here is more information about a possible vaccine in end of this year or early 2021-mid 2021:

By the way is Swine Flu is not gonna be ANOTHER pandemic soon from China?

Last edited:
Don't be true this one, we don't know yet if the pandemic may be over by Christmas.
Is pandemic will go forever or the virus will may not go forever and will may dissappear next year?
And what about 2021 Tokyo Olympics? Will the pandemic will be over before next spring/summer?

Last edited:
The pandemic has affected me so more then when I last posted here. I am hardly here due to it making me worry about family members, especially my grandparents who are in their 80s. The reason why it has been making me busy is due to me making a ton of phone calls to family members. I may be a bit paranoid, but all I want to know if they are safe from corona.

I'm hoping efficient vaccine & medications come out soon.. I know it's an optimistic hope. And I hope America will have access to them at an affordable rate despite Trump disbanding us from WHO, and not just force us to use shitty alternatives 'to own the libs'.

Back