What are the worst games on 3DS?

MightyMario

The Mightest Mario
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
MightyMario
What do you think are the worst games on the 3DS? I think Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers.

Last edited:
Super Mario Land, if we're counting any game which I've played on a 3DS. I don't really dislike that game per se I just liked it much less than anything else the mainline Mario games have to offer. I guess Nintendogs might be one of my least favourite video games ever but I haven't played that in years and never on my 3DS.

If we discount virtual console and backward compatibility, I've not played any which I actually dislike (it's just 3D Land so far which I love,) but Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know! seems to have pretty bad reviews, especially for the 3DS version (all versions were released within one week of each other.)

Super Mario Land, if we're counting any game which is officially playable on a 3DS imo. I don't really dislike that game per se I just liked it much less than anything else the mainline Mario games have to offer. I guess Nintendogs might be one of my least favourite video games ever but I haven't played that in years and never on my 3DS.

If we discount virtual console and backward compatibility, I've not played any which I actually dislike (it's just 3D Land so far which I love,) but Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know! seems to have pretty bad reviews, especially for the 3DS version (all versions were released within one week of each other.)
Hmm, seems like Cartoon Network games are bad or mediocre in some way.

GTA Chinatown wars

on that's ds lite

Out of the games I've played? Mario & Sonic at the London Olympic games. The character restrictions are a bazillion steps backwards from the DS Winter games before it, as well has having no new playable characters (and since) so yeah, I think it's the worst Mario game on the 3DS.

Mario Party: Island Tour and Mario Party The Top 100 (especially the latter) are painfully mediocre Mario Party entries, but I still found enjoyment out of them.

I didn't even bother playing New Super Mario Bros. 2. The game gave me no reason to buy it, being pretty much a Madden-style rehash, and it has a dreadful soundtrack on top of it. Yoshi's New Island has one of the overall Mario franchise's worst soundtracks.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity Dexit'ed the Pokemon cast long before Sword and Shield brought it into lexicon.

I am so surprised to see no mention of Paper Mario: Sticker Star though. Surprised to see @Starfire not drop it in her post, as its story was dialed back a dime a dozen from the previous game and a lot of its interestingly designed recurring NPCs got the axe.

NSMB2

Out of the games I've played? Mario & Sonic at the London Olympic games. The character restrictions are a bazillion steps backwards from the DS Winter games before it, as well has having no new playable characters (and since) so yeah, I think it's the worst Mario game on the 3DS.

Mario Party: Island Tour and Mario Party The Top 100 (especially the latter) are painfully mediocre Mario Party entries, but I still found enjoyment out of them.

I didn't even bother playing New Super Mario Bros. 2. The game gave me no reason to buy it, being pretty much a Madden-style rehash, and it has a dreadful soundtrack on top of it. Yoshi's New Island has one of the overall Mario franchise's worst soundtracks.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity Dexit'ed the Pokemon cast long before Sword and Shield brought it into lexicon.

I am so surprised to see no mention of Paper Mario: Sticker Star though. Surprised to see @Starfire not drop it in her post, as its story was dialed back a dime a dozen from the previous game and a lot of its interestingly designed recurring NPCs got the axe.
I like NSMB2 because it is a good platformer.
I like Yoshi's New Island for the same reason, but Wooly World is better.

I haven't played it.

From what I know about it I anticipate it as a perfectly decent game on its own, but far, far, below the first three

Sonic and The Dark Brotherhood.

The RPG elements have ridiculous difficulty spikes and the music and sfxs are trash.

that game makes me wonder how bioware (i mean, before bioware turned rancid that is) can screw up a sonic rpg that badly

I haven't played it.

From what I know about it I anticipate it as a perfectly decent game on its own, but far, far, below the first three

Man, if you played it the time it came out, I think you would have utterly hated it. I even thought it was extremely disappointing myself, especially with what changed after the pre-release footage was shown.

I think the soundtrack was bad because the composer had to convert the songs they created to midi, but they didn't know how to do that.

The worst game I've played on 3ds.. hmm..

It was a zombie shooter with a free demo in the eshop, and it was really dumb, you could walk through trees, making the 'stranded in the middle of the forest' theme entirely pointless. It also looked graphically ugly.

Another dumb game is Darts Up 3D. It's good the first play, and then it's the same over and over again. There's literally only one content of it.

I would add Crazy Chicken (series), but I'm thinking it might be good for its target age audience. You just scroll around taking pictures of cartoony chickens doing silly things.. or do you shoot them? Idk, either way, it's designed so you can't lose.

Last edited:
The 3DS port of Myst is really terrible.

I got a question for y'all: if you were porting a point and click PC game to the 3DS, you would have the touchscreen be used for the main gameplay, right?

Well, if you answered 'yes', then you're smarter than the guys who released this port who, in their genius, had all the gameplay on the top screen, so you have to navigate using the Circle Pad.

And when you let go of the Circle Pad, your cursor centers itself. Good luck clicking on something small that requires you to be pixel perfect!

Can't forget how the devs seemingly didn't bother to optimize the game for the 3DS's low-res screen, so things like text in the game are borderline unreadable, environments are heavily compressed and grainy. Even the AUDIO is compressed to hell.

Just all around a terrible version of a classic game.

I vaguely remember being slightly dissatisfied by Epic Mickey: The Power of Illusion, but it's been nearly eight years since I've last played it. I also dunno why I bought the Angry Birds Trilogy port aside from being in a bargain bin, but oh well.

Last edited:
Sticker Star, fuck that game with every fiber of my being, and all the subsequent sterilizing in future Mario RPGs as a result of it. Also Paper Jam is also on the 3DS and is one of said nauseatingly sterile games. I'm gonna dislike any Mario RPG that actively avoids original characters and story, that's just too essential to why I love them. I don't go to the RPGs for yet another predictable retelling of Super Mario Bros. with this or that added gameplay gimmick.

I'll also add Mario & Sonic 2012 Olympic Games for practically demanding me to swing my 3DS around enough to break where the 2 screens connect. I didn't, but I'd imagine kids might.

Though, I really did enjoy the cutscenes and minigame scenes/animations... despite being too short and almost unbeatable..

I'll also add Mario & Sonic 2012 Olympic Games for practically demanding me to swing my 3DS around enough to break where the 2 screens connect. I didn't, but I'd imagine kids might.

Though, I really did enjoy the cutscenes and minigame scenes/animations... despite being too short and almost unplayable..

Oh, yeah, and limiting characters to certain events was really stupid.

I feel like Mario And Sonic Rio 2016 Olympic Games is decent on the 3DS, but the rowing game is terribly controlled.
You have to keep circling the circle pad, but in a strange motion, so I always fail at it.
I don't wanna sound mean to the game, so I will say the gymnastics and boxing games are good.
Honestly, if you want my opinion, just play the Plus events. They're much better.

Back