How many of you have the Nintendo GameCube

Mario#

Goomba
The nintendo GameCube came out November 18,2001 and discontinued in 2007. how many of you have or used to have the Nintendo GameCube and what's your favorite game on the Nintendo GameCube and what's your story of you and your Nintendo GameCube.you don't have a Nintendo GameCube do any of your brothers or sisters have the Nintendo GameCube and what's their favorite game on the Nintendo GameCube.

I got my GC for Xmas 2018 mainly to play TTYD. Since then I have got Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition, Super Mario Sunshine, and Mario Party 6. TTYD remains my favourite by far, as well as being my second favourite video game of all behind SPM.

I used to. It was a lot of my childhood. I had no idea it wasn't popular, I think I unknowingly made it popular with the elementary school I went to, because many followed me in buying it after visiting me. The games I played the most were Sunshine, Melee, and SAB2. But I had over 60 games because my dad would buy me 1 every weekend for an entire school year. To this day I would rank the Gamecube as one of Nintendo's best consoles. (in accordance to the decade each console/handheld belongs to).

I find it strange actually that there's people here who find Sunshine to be mediocre or bad, as a kid that game was countless fun for me, I probably replayed it all the way through over 5 times. And often treated it as an open world sandbox to goof around in on my 100%'d main file 1. Ultimately it was the way Mario maneuvers with F.L.U.D.D that I loved so much about it, similarly of my love to SMW and the feather cape. To this day I find those are Mario's 2 best powers so far (excluding spin-offs).

Last edited:
I used to. It was a lot of my childhood. I had no idea it wasn't popular, I think I unknowingly made it popular with the elementary school I went to, because many followed me in buying it after visiting me. The games I played the most were Sunshine, Melee, and SAB2. But I had over 60 games because my dad would buy me 1 every weekend for an entire school year. To this day I would rank the Gamecube as one of Nintendo's best consoles. (in accordance to the decade each console/handheld belongs to).

I find it strange actually that there's people here who find Sunshine to be mediocre or bad, as a kid that game was countless fun for me, I probably replayed it all the way through over 5 times. And often treated it as an open world sandbox to goof around in on my 100%'d main file 1. Ultimately it was the way Mario maneuvers with F.L.U.D.D that I loved so much about it, similarly of my love to SMW and the feather cape. To this day I find those are Mario's 2 best powers so far (excluding spin-offs).
What happened to yours?

Did you like TTYD?

Imo Sunshine had an amazing concept and it's a nice game but it's execution in terms of level design and theming just isn't quite there. It's story is original which I credit but in terms of original characters, well I know it did have some but from my perspective no, because I'd played later games that featured these characters in at least as prominent roles and executed them better imo. I also feel the entire game just feels too slow paced. Finally (again imo) the graphics feel really off and the music is forgettable in comparison to the others. Maybe it's just me though. I played it in 2019 not 2002. Subjectively I'd give it a 6 out of 10, with SM64 = 7/10, SMG1 = SMG2 = 9/10, and SM3DW = 8/10.

I have a Wii, so I have no reason to buy a GameCube. I've only played Mario Kart: Double Dash and a bit of Wind Waker, but the Memory Card I own has some other games on it (TimeSplitters, Super Monkey Ball, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party). The memory card used to be my parents memory card, which means they sold all of the games on there besides Wind Waker.

ChristmasDinner said:
I think I might still have it in my parents attic.
I loved TTYD, I know I replayed that all the way through at least 3 times. Did you know you can choose the color of your Yoshi by naming the file the color you want?
Yeah, I don't resonate with that, I liked most of SMS's level designs, and I have the music play in my head whenever I think about the game. I think the only thing I didn't like about SMS was how Mario moved around without F.L.U.D.D, it felt off.

Tbh, the feeling of graphics & level design being off and slow paced, is how I feel about SM64 XD. For some reason that and the N64 itself always left me feeling unsatisfied.

I own the LameCube and it stopped working a while ago so I use the Wii to play LameCube games.

I got one for my birthday when I was young, it had been sitting at a local Target for a year or so and I got Double Dash with it. I actually didnt like DD that much when I got it, I only really enjoyed playing it with friends. I wanted TTYD with it but I had to buy that with money I saved up from doing stuff around the house. I don't really have a lot of game cube games but it was worth for TTYD. I was young and stupid though so I had to restart the game twice because I got stuck at two different points from bad upgrade choices and not understanding badges (Cortez the first time, final boss the second time). I didnt beat the game until a year later.

Any reason you refer to it as the LameCube?

Just an endearing nickname I gave it. I like my LameCube a lot, played games like Kirby Air Ride, Super Smash Bros. Melee, 007: Nightfire, Mario Party 4-7, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, Dance Dance: Revolution Mario Mix, Mario Superstar Baseball, and Tales of Symphonia on it. It had a pretty impressive library.

I had my GameCube since 2013. I didn't own it back in the day as I had only a GBA back then and later a PS1. I got my GameCube after my Wii. I have like a lot of games on it. I recently modded it in 2018 with HDRGB by installing a XenoGC chip. I had a blast with Prince of Persia The Sands of Time, Mario Strikers, TTYD, and so on.

I own the LameCube and it stopped working a while ago so I use the Wii to play LameCube games.
Sad that it died like your N64. Atleast mine still works.

My friend at my school has an N64 and it has issues with games freezing every 30 minutes or so. Every single game froze. We were able to clean the jumper pak to get it working.

I've got two. Both black.

- The first I won in a Mario Kart Double Dash tournament at my local cinema. This was 2003. They had an early copy of the game. It wasn't going to be released for another 2-3 months. I placed third overall and got the GC and Mario Kart Double Dash as prizes. Had to wait a few months for MKDD to come out before I could get my copy.

- Second I bought off Ebay for $30. Can't remember when but after Wii was out I think. Came with MKDD disk and a third party controller. Might have been missing cables? Either way it was a bloody steal. I only wanted it for the disk because mine was having trouble reading. Getting a second console was useful as well because the button to open the lid was getting cruddy. It would be getting stuck shut or stuck open.

Favourite games are:
- Animal Crossing
- Mario Kart: Double Dash
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I still have the console and four games for it: Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, and Paper Mario RPG. But they're just personal storage now.

I just have some GameCube games, not the actual system.

I've gone through 3 of them.

I've gone through 3 of them.
Wow, did they all "die"?

I don't know how old mine is because I got it second hand, but it still works pretty much perfectly. However I did notice a bit of lag around the Riddle Tower in TTYD, which got me a bit worried that it's gradually dying.

First one died while still within warranty, second one died after about 12 years of use, then I bought a third one at a pawn shop.

Currently have two of them: A black one and a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness special edition one.

Back