Games that were spoiled for you (MARK POSTS IN SPOILERS, obv.)

JC.

Lakitu
Wiki Bureaucrat
MarioWiki
Mario jc
Parts of games that you accidentally spoiled for yourself or someone or something spoiled for you and how.

Quite a few for me (mostly my own fault lol) though the ones I remember:

Ravio as Lorule Link. The one time I had spoilers unhidden on TV Tropes.
Flowey as Asriel. This was a big one; I think I came across it on some Reddit post.
Flora's suicide. This was entirely my fault since I stupidly looked through some comment replies before the game's release outside of Japan (always a good idea), with one guy having jokingly posted said spoiler (alongside others doing the same, though I forget what they were), and another who delivered the wham line: "The sad part is, these are all true."
Huey's death(?). That's wiki life man (though to be fair they already did the same thing in Sticker Star)
Capturable Bowser. I think a number of us at some point have been spoiled by thumbnails of recommended videos from a certain YouTuber.

I normally don't care about spoilers and a lot of the time I will look at spoilers and leaks for games.

The only game I remember trying to avoid spoilers for was Super Mario Odyssey, though I did find out about
The Ruined Dragon
when I clicked a spoiler tag on this forum.

Almost all of the following was from gaming boards or YouTube videos I saw by accident.

Games I had spoiled but have now finished:
The End Poem was a first time for me but I knew about the dragon egg, end cities, and elytra
Almost all of this game was not spoiled for me but I could never beat the final boss as a child. I had parts of the ending (namely, Fawful's final speech and suicide attack which only causes everyone to exit Bowser's body, Bowser engaging the bros. in battle, and Bowser being sent a present which was a cake and the game being then over.) spoiled but it was still really nice to be able to finish this game after all these years.
Several things:
  • The general gist of Mario going to Rogueport and meeting Goombella and Frankly then going off to find the Crystal Stars.
  • Hooktail being female
  • Several names of bosses such as Magnus von Grapple and Smorg, which I did not know what they were.
  • (I got this spoiler after beating Ch6 but before reaching the end of Ch7) Magnus von Grapple 2.0
  • Most of what his partners were going to be, thanks to the Catch Cards in SPM.
  • Vivian betraying the Shadow Sirens and joining Mario.
  • Doopliss stealing Mario's identity.
  • TEC coming back to life (I got this spoiler in between his emotional death post Ch7 and beating the game)
  • Gloomtail
  • Bowser squashing Grodus (this was still high quality humour though)
  • The shadow sirens and in particular Beldam betraying Grodus to revive the Shadow Queen.
  • The ancient treasure actually being the Shadow Queen's soul who killed Grodus (it actually transpired that he was alive but from the spoiler in the vid it looked to me like he died) and possessed Peach's body.
  • Bonetail

Cackletta being almost killed by Mario & Luigi and then saved by Fawful absorbing her soul into his vacuum helmet and implanting it into Bowser's body to create Bowletta. The final boss fight being vs Bowletta who then tricks the Mario Bros and swallows them so they have to fight Cackletta's Soul in her belly.

I had no parts of the main story at all spoiled or even predicted before the end of my first playthrough, but I did have Wracktail, Shadoo, and Dashell spoiled for me.
Location of the Wing Cap
Super Luigi Galaxy and the Grand Finale Galaxy
Green stars and the grandmaster galaxy

Games I have had spoiled which I have still not played or finished:

The general gist of Mario entering the dream world via Luigi's dreams and teaming up with Luigi to do stuff. Antasma teaming up with Bowser and being the penultimate boss and then getting betrayed by Bowser who absorbs the power of the dream stone to become the true ultimate antagonist and final boss, Dreamy Bowser. Also Popple reappears and is fought once.
Again the general gist of the plot. Something about a cobalt star. Bowser kidnapping Peach who transpired to be a disguised Princess Shroob who was able to kidnap and seal Peach after Peach sealed her big sister. PS being the antepenultimate boss, EPS being the penultimate boss, and Shrowser being the final boss (thought that's more of a minigame)
That biz with Shiny RoboBowser
Again SPM's Catch Cards mean that I know most of who his partners are. I know a few things basically from reading this section of SPM's article. I know Bowser is the main villain and final boss who uses the star rod to become powerful. Also Shiver Mountain with penguins in it and Flower fields, and Boo's Mansion, and PEach being trapped in Bowser's castle with chapter intermissions, and Bowser apparently dying at the end when his platform explodes.
The rough outline of the plot but nothing too much
Everything that was apparently downgraded from the first two/three, such as Bowser being speechless, and the main villain and final boss, against which you use Kersti as a sticker. Also Kersti gets kidnapped, by Petey Piranha I think.
What little plot there is to this game has already been spoiled for me
Something about Ganondorf
Majora is the final boss and takes several strange forms but aparently isn't that hard. The weird mask seller person just walks away.
Bowser tries to coerce Peach to marry him and Mario teams up with Cappy to try to stop him. In the end Bowser and Mario are both trying to sway Peach into marrying them but she rejects them both. Also some junk about multiple endings but idk

Wow that's a lot but yeah

Last edited:
one of my friend decided to spoil pokemon sword and shield out of the blue and i didn't want to purchase the game anyway but

my god he really needs to cut out his awful habit of spoiling things to others who haven't played the games yet.

I literally watched playthroughs of every Fire Emblem game I've played so far before I got to play them (except Shadow Dragon, but it wasn't that interesting anyway).

Yet I still enjoy them with my whole heart. I really love this series.

Well I mean I guess I did kinda go blind on Sacred Stones because I only knew what happened up until chapter 5, and I did the rest myself.

~ Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (Final boss and end game details courtesy of a YouTube thumbnail.)
~ Paper Mario: Color Splash (Final boss and end game details courtesy of a YouTube thumbnail.)
~ Super Mario Odyssey (A certain late game boss and some cutscenes, but that time was my fault.)
~ Luigi's Mansion 3 (A few cutscenes and the ending, but again my fault.)
~ Splatoon 2 (End game details courtesy of a YouTube thumbnail.)
~ Undertale (THE ENTIRE FLIPPIN' PLOT courtesy of some jerk in a old Facebook group.)

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team's final boss and stuff.
I also kinda spoiled myself on the Luigi's Mansion ending too, but didn't watch everything, just wanted to know the order of retrieving things
Aforementioned friend my sister talked about spoiled who the final boss in Mario + Rabbids
I also spoiled myself on the Mario Odyssey stuff because I was salty Luigi wasn't in the game.
I also knew pretty much all Pokemon before Sword and Shield are out but c'mon you should know what you're buying
I also read every leak about a game unless it's important story details; otherwise, it's content you should know in something you want to buy or not, so I don't quite understand why people call those spoilers.

Rear-Trunk-Lid-Car-Spoilers-Wings-For-Jaguar-XF-2016-2018-ABS-Plastic-Black-Carbon-Color.jpg

in-q60-l1_1_.jpg

carbon-creations-rear-spoiler_1.jpg

ford-mustang-lip-spoiler.jpg

Last edited:
You shouldn't have put these last few images, even if they were behind a spoiler tag.

I was planning to play the game, goddamnit

What game are the spoilers under LGM's tag from?

One of the guidelines for the Super Mario 3D World pre-release review is that Super Mario 3D World's final boss cannot be revealed. People joked that it would be Bowser so it was deemed unnecessary to put a lid on this, which would usually be true, but if you play the game, it's intended as a surprise. When I've seen a thumbnail of the final boss, it occurred to me that keeping mum on the matter is justified.

The entire roster for Smash Brawl and Smash 4 are of a similar nature since those games have leaks on the entire roster. I suppose since Ultimate revealed the roster in full, I will just mention the notable characters that basically got known: For Brawl, the biggest surprises are ROB and Lucario; for 4, that would be Duck Hunt.

What game are the spoilers under LGM's tag from?
Nothing related to games or any story for that matter. It's a literal take on the word. Basically it's safe to look at.

Thank you for reading.

I spoiled myself for Super Mario Odyssey and Mario + Rabbids by watching the cutscenes because I didn't have a Switch at the time and I didn't think I'd ever get one. Oops.

Back in the day I was incredibly hyped for Mario Galaxy. I didn't have the ending spoiled or anything, but I was so hyped that I followed all the footage I could before launch and when it came out the only thing I could be disappointed by was the fact that I already knew pretty much all of the levels and about Luigi. Still became an instant classic and one of my all time favorites.

As for a more recent example;
I saw a screenshot of Sora in Shibuya before I finished the game. It was still a cool teaser, but TWEWY is another of my favorite game so I would have been so hyped to see it first after finishing the game myself.

most games i played in the recent years. i dont even mind spoilers anymore
before i actually decide i want a game i gotta learn a crapton of things about it first which often leads into me learning about the ending and everything whoops
i wanna avoid spoilers for smo2 if its real though... if im able to get it day 1 that is

Growing up as the youngest child, I watched my siblings play many games before I did, so I already knew a lot of things for games like Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Kingdom Hearts and Digimon World. Also, when the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games were a craze, there were always people getting far ahead, in Red / Blue Rescue Team as well as Explorers of Darkness / Time, so I knew most of the plot points for that game before getting there.

i've spoiled myself on the entirety of undertale and have no desire to play it now and probably never will

oh and
the fourth/church route's existence

I spoil myself on anything I'm interested in cause I can't stand surprises. Games, movies (except Avengers Endgame via a large amount of willpower), TV shows, the works.
The big games I've spoiled for myself are BotW and Mario Odyssey.

Back