N64 on switch

Blue

Plumbing my way into your hearts since 1985
So, we have NES and SNES, so I'm pretty sure it can handle a few N64 Games, what do you guys think the launch line is gonna be?

Honestly, the Switch shouldn't have abandoned the virtual console. Being more powerful than the Wii U, which had a library up to the N64 (and handhelds up to DS), that should be the bare minimum for the Switch. If/when we eventually do get N64, it'll only just then start to catch up to the Virtual Console. I want GameCube already. Which, since the Wii U already had compatibility with Wii games, GC is the only system it didn't cover making the demand even greater.

I want anything but N64. I've played enough N64 games for my appetite to be sated for a long while.
Gimme some games I've never played: most Game Boy and Gamecube games, GBA games.
However, even as I say that I know full well that if we ever get more games for their online service it'll be a year from now so I'll have to get by with SNES.

The obvious ones they will start out with Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Ocarina of Time. Maybe there will also Super Smash Bros, any Mario Party, and F-Zero, and Kirby. I have doubts that the N64 will start out with a huge library seeing as the Wii and Wii U only had about 20 N64 games released on the VC. Maybe this time around they might add more games.

If that's ever a real thing, we'll definitely get:

-Super Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-The original Mario Party Trilogy
-Zelda OoT
-Zelda MM
-Banjo Kazooie
-Banjo Tooie
-Starfox 64
-Kirby 64
-Conker's Bad Fur Day
-Paper Mario
-Super Smash Bros

I probably missed a few huge N64 games, mostly because I don't have an N64.

If that's ever a real thing, we'll definitely get:

-Super Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-The original Mario Party Trilogy
-Zelda OoT
-Zelda MM
-Banjo Kazooie
-Banjo Tooie
-Starfox 64
-Kirby 64
-Conker's Bad Fur Day
-Paper Mario
-Super Smash Bros

I probably missed a few huge N64 games, mostly because I don't have an N64.
Tbh the first Mario Party and the Rare games are pretty doubtful. Maybe Mario Party 3 could happen but considering what they did on VC (only releasing MP2), I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they skipped it.

Tbh the first Mario Party and the Rare games are pretty doubtful. Maybe Mario Party 3 could happen but considering what they did on VC (only releasing MP2), I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they skipped it.
Given that Stunt Race FX was given a go in the SNES Online app (it never had any re-release before), it's not a stretch that they would make Mario Party 3 more widely available. In fact, I think it's a great fit for online.

Thank you for reading.

Any N64 game that was on Wii and Wii U VC will most likely be on Switch. Also the first party games that never made it on VC (Like Dr. Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Mario Party 3, etc) could also appear. Mario Party 1 is up in the air, but I don't think it's completely out of the question. Diddy Kong Racing is also another game that's up in the air. There could also be some surprise third party games.

The Banjo games and Rare's other games (Except the Donkey Kong games) are unlikely, especially since the rare replay collection is on Xbox One.

smth smth gamecube games on switch please etc etc

Mario Party 1 is doubtful due to good ol' joystick twirling and the accompanying blisters. A shame, really, since I'd like to experience the absolute brutality of that game (not the joystick twirling minigames, Mario Party 1 in general).

Anyway, I do hope they proceed with adding N64 games (and others such as GB/GBC, GBA, and especially GCN). Hopefully it will happen sooner than a year from now (probably not).

They should just do games we're not legally/financially allowed to play these days.

But for the sake of promoting a subscrption-basedpar online service, no.

Back