Have you ever encountered the issue?

• Total voters

Teedgee

wheres the bathroom
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
Toadgamer
Ok, so I know everyone who uses Joycons went through this at least once.

I already did a thread about this, but at the time, I thought I was the only one encountering this issue. So I made this thread not because I'm asking for help, but I think it's time we discussed the drifting, if there is a way to fix the issue or why it occurs, etc.

Now I don't know if this thread should be in the Helpdesk forum, maybe I should've put it in "video games", so tell me if I should do that.

But yeah, the issue is occurring to me a lot, making it practically impossible to play in handheld mode. Thank god Pro Controllers exist, as I have two of them.

Do you have anything to say? Have you ever encountered the issue? Do you know of a way to fix it?

I have never had this issue, but the issue I encountered is that three of my Joy-cons have had the side panel (basically where the Sync button, player# lights and SL/SR buttons are located) malfunction. One (R) was encountered earlier and I sent it for repair, but two of them (unfortunately both of them L) were encountered later and I haven't sent them for fixing yet.

In fact I wondered how often the side panel of the Joy-cons get malfunctions.

Thank you for reading.

I have a similar problem, only with my Wii U GamePad's left analog stick. Whenever I press up or down on it, it wants to act like I kept holding it. It's why I never finished Color Splash past Kiwano Temple. God, I hate that level solely because my left analog stick won't let me beat it. I swear I've had nightmares over those spike segments.

Idk man, you don't live in the US. They have free repairs here, but not outside of the US, which is just plain dumb.
Best bet is Googling an electronics repair store or going on YouTube and risking the complete breaking of the controller by doing it yourself (though from what I've seen, you'll just need steady hands to do it right).

I guess we could wait till they start repairs outside of the US, because I don't wanna risk breaking my Joycons while trying to fix them myself.

I have never had this issue, but the issue I encountered is that three of my Joy-cons have had the side panel (basically where the Sync button, player# lights and SL/SR buttons are located) malfunction. One (R) was encountered earlier and I sent it for repair, but two of them (unfortunately both of them L) were encountered later and I haven't sent them for fixing yet.

In fact I wondered how often the side panel of the Joy-cons get malfunctions.

Thank you for reading.
I'm also having similar issues. For example, the ZR button on one of my Joycons doesn't work, and the side buttons on some of my Joycons don't work.

I have the joycon drift issue and it's gotten worse in the left stick, which is really terrible and renders handheld play moot. I luckily live in the US so I can do repairs but fuck the shoddy hardware that broke the control stick so much quicker than any official controller I ever had (and I broke my share of controllers)

I've got joy-con drift, side panel malfunction with lights out and SL/SR not working, and even the L button on one not working!

Usually, the way to fix this issue is to pop the fucker open and then clean the insides of the stick.
Rub a peroxide-coated Q-tip on the sensors inside the stick, and make sure to put the thing back together properly
Opening it could also fix ZR, because it has a spring that can easily come loose if you jostle it wrong.

Funnily enough, that's actually the reason why I had to send my Joy-cons into Nintendo for repairs. I was getting rather fed up with fighting with my control sticks and finally decided enough was enough.

Initially I tried to quell the problem by using a can of compressed air to clean out the sticks, but it was only a temporary fix and they started acting up again a few weeks later.

Left stick goes up and right stick goes right, also R Button does not respond 50% of the time

Back