Favorite 2D Mario and 3D Mario?

2D: New Super Mario Bros Wii
3D: Super Mario Odyssesy

2D would be Super Mario Bros. 2 USA and Super Mario Run

3D would be Super Mario 64 and 64 DS.

2d: nsmbw
3d: sm3dw but odyssey with mods looking to usurp that

For 2D, I'd probably go with New Super Mario Bros. U, and for 3D I'd definitely say Super Mario 3D World.

super mario bros. 2
super mario 64

For 2D, it would either be SMB3 or SMW. For 3D, I'm going with Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Super Mario World for 2D, either Super Mario 64 or Odyssey for 3D

2D: Depends on what counts. Super Paper Mario is a 2D sidescroller and my favorite Mario game. But if we limit it to the main series, Super Mario Maker 2. If we also don't count the Maker games, Super Mario World.

3D: 64, Galaxy or Odyssey. They all have strong points that I have trouble weighing against each other. When I had to make a list, I put 64 on top for nostalgia (before Odyssey was even announced) but really all 3 of these games are at the top of the list for me.

3D: 64, Galaxy or Odyssey. They all have strong points that I have trouble weighing against each other. When I had to make a list, I put 64 on top for nostalgia (before Odyssey was even announced) but really all 3 of these games are at the top of the list for me.
This is something I can agree with.

2D: If I can count the Mario Maker series I'll say SMM2. If not, I'll stick with World; it introduced Yoshi, you expect me to pick anything else?
3D: Mario Odyssey, no question.

2D: Out of those I've played, NSMBW (assuming you're counting main series only) but I strongly anticipate both Mario Makers plus Advance 2
3D: I love both Galaxies so much it's hard to choose, but if I had to pick one the first one just about takes the lead. I've said this before but I often see both Galaxies as the same game with SMG2 being an expansion pack for SMG1. I may like Odyssey more so than Galaxy but only time will tell.

Last edited:
Back