What do you all think of Rosalina?

She's my favorite Mario character and she is one of the few fleshed out characters in the series!

She's awesome in the Galaxy games, a nice surprise in 3D World and I'm so glad that she's in Smash now!

Rosalina's my 5th favourite Mario Character! However, after Mario Galaxy 2, she became sort of insignificant to the series, appearing in lots of spin-offs, as well as appearing for no reason in 3D World.

I quite like Rosalina. Her backstory is quite touching, and she's rather interesting to learn about because she's more mysterious than most other characters.

as well as appearing for no reason in 3D World.
In all honesty...who cares if her 3D World appearance had no canonical reason behind it? It marked her first playable appearance in a platformer, and ultimately, that's what really mattered.

Hmm, I don't mind her showing up in spin offs like some people do. However, her most recent voice actress sounds completely mismatched to me.

Rosalina's progression is interesting. She starts off as this mature and powerful but lonely woman who opens up more after meeting Mario and others. Even without her storybook, she still has a bit of character development behind her.

And she's beautiful to boot :P

She's a boring character that I hate because Nintendo wouldn't stop putting her in everything for a period of time. They use her less often now, but she's still used a lot.

She's cool. Not my favourite or anything but she doesn't annoy me.

She's all right. She's really similar to Peach though and she became a loopy party animal like the others so there's not that much to her beyond that. She might have some backstory but that's easily ignored and to call her developed is charitable.

@Swiftie_Luma

Your chance to answer this thread, biggest Rosalina fan.

What do guys think of her unused concept as a guitarist in Odyssey?
1564863213172.png

On one hand I think this would be an interesting progression of her character since the Galaxy games. However, I more strongly lean towards this being too drastic of a change in character.

I don't think this outfit of Rosalina playing a guitar is that drastic. It could have potentially introduced to another hobby of hers she does in a her spare time when she's not protecting the Lumas or watching over the cosmos and that would have made her a more interesting character. We can have both the sad backstory, her being mother of Lumas, and her being interested in music all at the same time.

Only thing that bothers me is that the shirt doesn't cover the abdomen. Other than that, yeah, Rosalina could maybe have some backstory as some wanting musician in her earlier years. The thing is, though, we already have Pauline and her group as musicians as well. I guess the idea of an acoustic musician hasn't been explored yet, but I don't see how this Rosalina can be integrated in Super Mario Odyssey.

The thing is, though, we already have Pauline and her group as musicians as well. I guess the idea of an acoustic musician hasn't been explored yet, but I don't see how this Rosalina can be integrated in Super Mario Odyssey.
I get the impression that Rosalina was being considered for what ended up being Pauline's role or something similar but they went with Pauline instead.

Perhaps. I think they made the right choice by instead using a character that has been sidelined, outside of puzzle spinoffs, for decades. Mario's not that much of a character-focused series, I just think the payoff is better to do that than give Rosalina another attribute.

On the whole, I quite like Rosalina, she is one of my favourite characters and I could safely say she's within the top twenty. I'm not a huge fan of her backstory, but I do prefer her calmer personality from the Galaxy games.

Regarding the Odyssey concept artwork, I really don't like it, it seems really out of character for Rosalina (Both her old and new personalities), I don't really see Rosalina wearing that sort of outfit, particularly with excessive black. I don't really have a problem with the musician part, and I do like the fact she has a guitar seeing as that was what she was playing in the artwork for the Super Mario 3D World soundtrack (I doubt it's a reference to that, but I like it myself):
SM3DW_Art.jpg

It also annoys me that she doesn't have this guitar, I really like the design for it and I think it suits her better, but it's not something I'd expect them to include anyway.

>says Rosalina wouldn't wear a lot of black
>posts picture of Rosalina in cat suit that's black

I imagine acoustic would fit Rosalina more than that kind of guitar (and it seems a little 🌠 flashy 🌠 for her, no pun intended). If Rosalina has to use such guitars, maybe a bass or a jazz guitar that plays bass suits her a lot better since she's mellow and those guitars tend to serve as the mellow rhythm of a song.

I like her just fine. Out of the main series, she is one of the more fleshed out characters which is nice. Though that aspect of her has been more or less ignored in later games, but I suppose that's to be expected when a character becomes a mainstay. I still think she's the closest the main series has come to what the RPGs tend to do with their new characters, and honestly I'm surprised she hasn't been in an RPG yet, more stuff from Galaxy in those games in general would be cool to see. Her baby counterpart was a complete insult to her backstory from Galaxy though, it looks nothing like how her younger self appeared in the storybook.

Well yeah, but it would be cool to see her get an actual role in one. Of course if I was to choose from any of the core cast I think Waluigi would benefit even more from it, and there's a very obvious place he and Wario would fit in a M&L game, but I think Rosalina would be cool to see as a major NPC in a Paper Mario game. Heck, if Galaxy had come out before Super Paper Mario, I'd have expected her to be in that game what with the far-out theme and a space world. (I still kind of like the headcanon that she's connected to Timpani and Blumiere somehow, maybe their daughter, especially since many fan interpretations of Timpani look very similar to Rosalina)

Hell, I just feel the RPGs have the same problems as the platformers, they just don't use Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, and Daisy for whatever reason despite their potential to make those games far more interesting. Say what you want about the spinoff fodder characters like Daisy but at least give them a chance, and besides, they might serve to make existing characters more interesting as well through character interactions.

Back