Gold Flowers Ruin The Economy? [ Theory ]

Moon Captain Mario

The conqueror of Mario Kart 8.
Pronouns
He/Him
The Gold Flower. A flower that makes money out of nowhere, and makes any capitalist smile. But, is it ruining the Mushroom Kingdom's economy? Let's see. So, generating money out of nowhere would begin to cause inflation, which usually happens when the government prints TONS of money, like Germany before WW2. So, when inflation occurs money's worth goes down until it's worth nothing at all. So if Mario can generate all this money, he's inflating the money, which will make things like food be so expensive that wheelbarrows of money will be needed to pay for 1 loaf of bread! So, the Mushroom Kingdom's currency, Coins, will be worth nothing, so nobody can afford anything, and could possibly die. Let's hope this doesn't happen though, and keep our hopes up that capitalism will allow the Mushroom Kingdom's economy to stay afloat.

I must add: Coins aren't only currency so, this applies to coins in the use of currency. NOT ANYTHING ELSE.

I doubt the government, when it's got Peach at its head, would ever start deeming the only currency in the kingdom worthless.

I suck at politics but it sounds like a Peach way to think, you know.

The Mushroom Kingdom’s economy is already ruined if there’s coins lying around everywhere.

Forde said:
I doubt the government, when it's got Peach at its head, would ever start deeming the only currency in the kingdom worthless.

That’s not how the economy works, the amount of money a country has is different from how much of their national currency they have. If a country prints more money then the amount of money they have doesn’t change, and what their currency is worth just decreases. A good of example is Germany’s hyperinflation crisis, where they needed money for reparation payments, but so the government printed more money so they would have enough to pay the reparations. This didn’t work and eventually people were being payed daily rather then weekly, people carried their wages in wheelbarrows, money was used as fuel for fires and toys for kids, and bank notes that went over a million marks (the national currency of Germany at the time) existed.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
The Mushroom Kingdom’s economy is already ruined if there’s coins lying around everywhere.

Forde said:

That’s not how the economy works, the amount of money a country has is different from how much of their national currency they have. If a country prints more money then the amount of money they have doesn’t change, and what their currency is worth just decreases. A good of example is Germany’s hyperinflation crisis, where they needed money for reparation payments, but so the government printed more money so they would have enough to pay the reparations. This didn’t work and eventually people were being payed daily rather then weekly, people carried their wages in wheelbarrows, money was used as fuel for fires and toys for kids, and bank notes that went over a million marks (the national currency of Germany at the time) existed.

Do I look like the government

Does the mushroom kingdom look like a place in the real world

I suck at politics too. But free coins are nice.

Is Mario stealing money when he burns his enemies and turns them into coins?

535px-MSMart3.png

DK_in_Rock_Rock_Mountain_MK7.png

coins have other uses than currency you know

Makes me think coins are worthless in the Mushroom planet. NSMB games even have them growing in flowers too.

have you seen bean bean kingdom's currency strength compared to mushroom kingdom?

10:1

holy fucking shit

Moon Captain Mario said:
Let's hope this doesn't happen though, and keep our hopes up that capitalism will allow the Mushroom Kingdom's economy to stay afloat.
Capitalism already failed us. Bowser Revolution might be the only hope for them so Bowser can give em equality.

Dr. Baby Luigi said:
have you seen bean bean kingdom's currency strength compared to mushroom kingdom?

10:1

holy *bleep*ing *bleep*
No actually

It's about 10,000,000,000,000:1

why is the exchange rate at the beginning of the game so different from the exchange rate after the bet?

cackletta probably changing a single number in the beanbean computer system for the currency i guess

Back