zel weekly art thread

zel

probably quit [see about for info]
Pronouns
she/her
posting whatever my mind conjures every saturday. dont expect have mario or anything anyone here is really into
if a caption for a pic is just a quote im just reusing it from discord
you should also probably just skip to the newer pages for actual good art

Last edited:
EDIT: im dragging the spoiler from the op in here
keep this in mind: every pic in this spoiler has been here ever since i made the thread, and theyre a lil outdated now since ive progressed in art a fair bit. see my most recent posts for newer art!

from the end of june, i redrew a thing from 2015
russian_keysmash_name_the_SEQUEL.png

from the start of this month, me hecking around with pokemon fusions
ah_yes.png
how_far_away_have_i_gone_from_the_original_design.png

luigi from earlier this week with a HAT FRIEND.. yeah winking to represent the L
Winkey.png

from yesterday, this unused smw sprite
unholy_koopaling_mix.png

and finally. i Just finished this rex in sculptgl, really impressed how it turned out considering what sculptgl can do
unknown.png
unknown.png

gonna be posting new ones in batches i think
drew her yesterday. shes standing extra tall here but normally has a dromaeosaur(Generic Raptor Dinosaurs) kinda stance. oh right her name;s cathy
She_tal.png

aand this just now
knock_ee.png

Last edited:
you should sketch your spore creatures

not much this time
i wanted to make a smb3 koopa troopa more accurate to the artwork but that went nowhere so i did this instead, like right before i went to bed
t.gif

i like how it turned out
creeper_aw_man.png

played a club penguin server thing and it had a few alien puffle transformations and i went feral because in the original club penguin i had a green alien puffle who i missedf Very Much,
makes_infernal_noises.png

wwas lazy with this one
evn_more_bird.png

may or may not have waited until the new software to post a batch anywyay there it is (extra big)
hat
couldnt_draw_the_hats_which_are_worn_by_a_hat_people_sorry.png

recolored a luigi skin i had already just to make so we back in the mine jokes
unknown.png

costume base for mario odyssey ive not done anything with since except robo mario
costume_base.png

costumes_1_featuring_metal_sonc.png

lemmy except hes tposing because i couldnt come up with a better pose
power_baby.png

these two are spotted in moon kingdom so its canon also lochladies have been mentioned to be strong so i went wild with it also the tostarenans head turned out too big this will bother me til the end of time
Tiny_husbanb.png

wig
wihg.png

really proud of this one
ya_hoOOO.png

finally some spore creatures
unknown.png
unknown.png

oh yeah my batches dont have to be that big
extra quick bobser jr
unknown.png
unknown.png

me on discord said:
accidentally made this in picrew yesterday shes a mummy who just sorta showed up in a tomb one day
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/534454974432804893/605900088530829501/unknown.png original lookf or reference
prob_an_eldritch_abomination.png

the default optins for a bug maker i plan to slap into picrew someday. Hopefully
unknown.png

lava bubble recolor to actually match lava in luncheon kingdom wow this one turned out baby size
dont_eat_it_though.png

i havent been drawing too often lately 😔
i haev a headcanon based entirely off of nothing that tad rock from warios woods is warts son this loser decided he doesnt want to do Villainly and decided to compete with toad instead in Thing Stacking. Wart Was Very Disappointed
losers.png

some random bonneter i designed and am never going to draw again
hecks_shes_gonna_draw.png

i think i went for a goofy face with the eyes but that backfired
his_chinese_name_is_GLIDE_BOY.png

more spore creatures
unknown.png

ignore the clyde thing it was me complaining about the discord bot thinking the image is nsfw
unknown.png

he snatch
he_snatch.png

yesterday i accidentally discovered this boss in donkey kong country returns. called mangoruby. and i think i fell in love with it instantly it is perfect
LANTERN_BUG_PLANT.png

i guess these are weelky now?
raptor man
fluffly_lad.png

after some heckinh around with sprites heres toadette if she originated in pm64 ...
unknown.png

turned out kinda bad but
youre_too_slow.png

spindrift but i kinda sorta slammed the original 64 design and the 64 ds design i swear ive spent more time on the flower than the rest of the drawing
speEEEEEEN.png

moreso a quick funny to show a thing during a conversation but i spent more time on this than i needed to
this_is_the_only_true_headcanon.png

lil revamped sml2 sprites ive been working on for like over a year. just that day ive added the worms, flying face, bone fish and noko bombette (i forgot a ton of names whoops)
3.png

another one for the middle of a conversation but then i decided to color it so
he_scarf_too_big_for_he_gotdam_everything.png

well i wanted to draw her looknig at the ruined dragon but halfway in decided nah so you jsut get an extra tiny baby insyead
why_cant_i_draw_cappy_more.png

my friend posted some swampert silhouette so i
its_god.png
unknown.png

i say these are weekly and then miss a day
i keep not drawing too much lately
its puffer!
ultimate_life_form.png

i dont have much to say aout this one either
hey_whend_he_get_eyelids.png

more spore i caled this "crabtinent"
unknown.png

more MORE spore.. this is one of the maxis creautres you get with the game
spore_fanart_is_ultimate_galaxy_brain.png

gulpits are amazing and more people need to know about them
perfect_beings.png

petey but the mouth is off whoops
there_he_is.png

me on discord part 25415 said:
just remembered this sea slug oc i made a few months back and then never did anything with so i drew him again
(forgot to mention: hes based off of a real life species https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nembrotha_cristata)
slugge_but_not_because_he_has_limbs.png

bonus recolor based off of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nembrotha_yonowae maybe they colud be siblings
TWO_OF_THEM.png

and then i decided Hm. I Will Make A Maker Based On This (may abandon this one too)
base2.png

and finally. a fuzzler
not_to_be_confused_with_fuzzy_wiggler_from_yoshis_story.png

i always foget when its been a week since the last one dam
steve in my kinda shading
unknown.png

a big boy. actually a small boy but whatever. a round boy.
paper_mario_64_also_has_the_perfect_ninji_design.png

some glydon costume. the third one is for pressing up
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

here he come, an angel
beauty.png

yet more captions from dsicord said:
my mom who was watching me draw this a bit asked if it was woody wodpecker
rayquaza.png

oh yeah cant go without globox especially since i may or may not have gotten obsessed over him
hes thinking very very hard with his one (1) braincell
unknown.png

heres a friend (going fishing)
fish_in_poison_its_cool.png

melom
unknown.png

snake from mario clash... their japanese name translates to something like snakey mom apparently this is VERY important
jailed_forever_in_virtual_boy_game.png

item shopkeeper!!!!!!!!!!! i love her!!!!!!
real_game_and_watch_in_REAL.png

Wig
awful hospital is a realley good webcomic i recommend if youre Not Sensitive to a fair bit of stuff like talking organs and flesh wals...
baby_located.png

two on a site again which doesnt have fill tool. i had to color these Manually
unknown.png

unknown.png

i did want to draw him running (Without The Bag making him Absolutely Unrestrained) but i cant do poses so i guess a casual stroll it is
somic_th_hegd_hog.png

another redraw of a 2015 thing take a look at that void
unknown.png

attempts at elh coloration
i feel like it would have realy weird swirly colors just changing if it ever had colors ta all
i think i prefer it just blank white though
looks_like_someone_splashed_it_with_pain.png
looks_like_someone_splashed_it_with_paint_2.png

He
why_does_he_never_get_appreciation.png

i really desperately needed to DRAW AN INSEC So i did
Flufy_friend.png

excited for the direct so i procrastinated by drawing smw colored mario doing the minecraft story mode pose
he.png

sequel to yesterdays drawing.. except this time luigis smw colors werent as easy to work with as they were with mario so i had to heck around a bit so excuse the purple moustache
he2.png

yeah
starting off with another skin like that steve i made a while ago
unknown.png

im gonna be honset i have no idea how i really just went and managed to do this
smug.png

and now i have decided im gonna be drawing pm64 partners every day until im done with em..
minecraft_invented_pickaxes.png

real_girl_akfamilyhome_REAL.png

traced over icky iggy for some reason. this barely even qualifies to be here
extra_icky2.png
MEYFWLSNESIckyIggyKoopa.png

ended up inventing him in a friend server randomly
note_his_dad_looks_like_a_human_bodybuilder_with_a_lil_blob_head.png

more partnetrs
where_is_it_GOING.png

whats_the_point_to_the_fuzz_on_the_fan_what.png

i envisioned him to be a bit lankier when i first started drawing him but that didnt work out
anyway? new potential oc?
maybe_i_wont_abandon_this_oc_in_5_seconds.png

baby
shes_like_2.png

made this in a pony town custom server whoopssssss (original provided)
smug_Heck.png
unknown.png

oh i totally forgot to post yesterday
ok so this one has a bit of a backstory! back in may i drew this...
unknown.png

sus_TWO.png

two monhs later, exactly two months later in fact(both on 12th), i drew this. Hedge Hog
sus_three_but_not_actually_sun_pig.png

and now here from last week(also on the 12th) the backstory of which i just showed
remember sun pig? and its sequel Hedge Hog? well heres another one, Air Hog, which somehow came out of ahoge (ahoge is a lil bit of hair sticking out which you see a lot in anime)
sus_four.png

back to regular stuff. my motivation kinda died for the last two partners for some reason : (
today_is_spetember_13th_and_cheep_cheeps_were_in_smb1_right.png

it was 13th. this was supposed to be small mario but i didnt manage to do it too well
baby_mode.png

like sushie this also took like all day to get around to drawing i like the spiny though
shoutouts_to_the_spiny.png

Bug Time
I_would_like_to_tuch_it.png

im pretty proud of this one. th has prehensile tails
a_big_lad.png

remember that bird man? heres another one from the same pt custom server. a fish man
hey_this_fish_is_WALKIN_on_LAND.png

priscilla is the best thing to have originated from yoshis island ds
now im gonna be asking the real questions here. priscilla seems to be based on an antlion, as also evident by her japanese and korean name apparently. now the behavior she shows is standard of antlion Larva. does that mean priscilla as we see her is but a baby...
Secret_Baby_question_mark.png

a hallucigenia, which is a sorta extinct worm thing with a ton of legs. i dont entirely understand what they are but i love them
whats_a_hallucigenia_i_dont_even_know_honestly.png

ended up waiting until saturday to start posting again just so i coul have a consistent weekday to post stuff on
half of him is missing but my excuse is that i didnt wanna come up with a pose i just wanted to try some colored outlines
aaint_got_half_a_bodyyyy.png

almost forgot to draw that day and didnt have much ideas so i went with this
birb_The_Sequel.png

and now: some creachers
skel_reptile_dog.png

Absolute.png

shniey.png

goonies with closed wings which im not sure is a thing weve seen ever
Breade.png

more creachers but in spore because i realised i havent made anything in it in a whole ass month
unknown.png
this is a tribute to al these beetles i see all over the place and i still dont know their exact species
unknown.png

not much again
ill probably be drawing the rest of the ttyd partners but def not as frequently as i did with pm64 partners because that ended up burning me out
anyway she
where_that_hair_come_from.png

i feel like i didnt get his proportions right
but yeah mario makr 3ds's data mentions a few unused costumes (costumes werent even in the 3ds port at all) including rayman
unknown.png

it was october 1 and they appear only in a pumpkin zone level so it fits
ehat_a_spook.png

that lad
unknown.png

yeah roblox game fanart. iam Not Kidding. this is my ostritch from feather family. her name is just big lass
way_prettier_than_real_actual_ostriches.png

using mostly 2 of the same parts until i get this
unknown.png

i had to color tis manually!!!
unknown.png

this pose he does when transforming in yi but i didnt get it exactly right
taa_taDAA_TADAAA.png

Pretty neat Mario head spaceship. At least you manage to get substantial hair on him, which most Mario creations just lack.

thabk you.. wow these other ones are Wig
anyway
attempt at diagonal rails since i onitced it just defaults to whats on the left. Well that didnt really work
unknown.png

more sml2 stuff, with two versions of big bird because the artwork which has him brown contradicts his names in some other languages that call him a corvid. the second one is based moreso on the original sprite
unknown.png
unknown.png

more spore
unknown.png

th creature ive made during my new playthrough of all the stages also i intend to continue it to civ today or tomorrow. whether ill go through with this depnds on how much ill get distracted by rayman
unknown.png

i was on gallery of new files recently and saw this blooper sprite from super mario bros special and wantd to draw it
lava_bloop_perhaps.png

despite its fearsome appearance its generally not that dangerous to humans and can even make a great pet that also eats random insects in your house to boot!
also it plant
PLANT_LIZARD_ANGLERFISH.png

thingie
is_this_also_feather_or_fur_Who_Knows.png

remember those bird and fish lads? well i have more from the same pony town custom server
he_GLOW.png

b_emoji.png

muddy buddy aka peak charcater design
YOU_KNOW_THAT_LIL_HOP_THEY_DO_WHEN_THEY_SEE_YOU_OMG.png

aand back to the server
bird_but_its_a_jape.png

tertis attack styled icon
woag1.png

spoop
unknown.png

another icon
unknown.png

i have a fair bit even though i keep forgetting to draw daily
some very drgaon looking insect
its_almost_like_that_lame_fakemon_i_made_years_ago.png

thingie
unknown.png

i drew this in tux paint i went FERAL
20191013133903.png

i dont realy care for super princess peach but i like blizzzauruses design. heres her doing a poor attempt at intimdateing
oh_im_so_scared.png

leg
unknown.png

this toy ive had ever since i was a baby always felt to me it had like. animal qualities. so i tried to reimagine it as such. i feel i could do better
no_longer_a_vehicle_lmao.png

barely fits here but i found this drawing from when i was probably like 9 or so. looks very bad but i found it cute
watch out i wanna redraw this as well
unknown.png

went through another campaign so heres the creature at th end of tribal stage and also during creature. theyre shamans!! also plant. they worship the sun
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

i forgot to make more teteris attack icons but i remembered to do it and made sluggy
unknown.png

so with the help of random.org i chose random parts and the coloring, but it was up to me to decide how i wanna use the parts, what modifications theyll get, and the actual colors
the lore is that it stores crystals in the fur on its chest, but wont let anyone get them and it spits poison out of the tubes on hte head
unknown.png

finally, a bumpty
doing_a_better_job_at_keeping_warm_than_i_am.png

yet more.. with a lil bit more mario this time
are yall tired of dergun town thingies yet!! this is another one
how_did_i_make_this_actually_in_the_original_howd_it_happen.png

considering how the process of drawing this was going this turned out much much better than i expected
anyway ill be drawing something mario odyssey related for the entire week because its 2 year anniversary is this week! i have not planned anything
i_never_want_to_draw_anything_shaped_like_this_ever_again.png

a pokio! unfortunately i forgot what the tail look like and only realised later the same day while looking at noclip and i was like Oh Dam
no_need_for_flight_when_you_can_Poke.png

urban stingby doing Fly Stuff because it is My drawing and i get to choose the headcanon i shove in
its supposed tob e rubbing its hands like flies do but i didnt do a great job at that
yeah_go_clean_youeself_smh.png

the face wnded up looking dumb!!
they_cant_bully_cappy_only_i_can_bully_cappy_by_looking_at_the_sun.png

somehow mario odyssey is not all there is here. i remade a 2012 creature of mine, its called minidragon. it is juste 5 cm in length
unknown.png
look at that
unknown.png

also i dressed up a maxis creature in the tribal outfitter. theyre kinda cowards and hide under a decorated skull
unknown.png
unknown.png

and finally. i remembered to color the outlines for once
whered_you_get_a_carrot_this_big.png

Last edited:
i forgot to post yesterday whoops
well theres not much here this time because i havent been drawing much lateley
it was mario odyssey;s annversary!!
here_we_go_off_th.png

a creacher. the name is pretty close to Cate. thanks namegen
unknown.png

tux paint again! colored one of the default templates
20191028135630.png

ok so this is a sorta oc i have with my friend server. a sorta. conifer bird creature thingy???? also he originates from pony town whoops
anime_hair_part_two_Now_Babey_Mode.png

i just winged the shading until i got this. i think i could do the shadow color better though bubt oh well
i_accidentally_came_up_with_the_pun_gooigi_a_few_months_before_he_was_revealed_to_actually_exist.png

and another creacher
unknown.png

no fanart this time sorry!! i had no idea what to draw the whole week so i just came up with random creatures mostly
som bird, with TWO COLORS
chaotic_energy.png

chaotic_energy2.png

modeled limb blob, who should be in one of the september posts i think.
unknown.png

unknown.png

a beebtle, was supposed to be brown but i went overboard with colors
who_this_beetle_why_he_everywhere.png

dunno what this is but i like how it turned out
glass_or_some_thing.png

i really had. No drawing ideas
wow_it_really_do_be_a_dino.png

some oc i made late last year and then promptly stopped drawing but i just felt like doing it anyway. his name is roseo and hes got a robot bird gf
he originates from me trying to come up with locals for cloud kingdom but it kinda drifted away from mario super quick so i decided eh might as well be an oc or something
did_i_redraw_one_of_my_ocs_again_NO_WAY.png

and now another oc i made like a year ago and then just sorta abandoned, roseo's robot bird gf, ardi! she originates from pony town actually!
redrawing_my_old_ocs_AGAIN.png

and finally another random creacher
bup_joke.png

bonus that doesnt really fit here because it was just a super fast doodle but i like how it turned out for some reason
unknown.png
while making this post i had to retype nearly the whole thing THRICE because my browser kept freezing psa do NOT use comodo dragon dont suffer like i do. I am legit so mad. cant wait to abandon it for vivaldi

Last edited:
Back