zel weekly art thread

actually that one wasnt really but the next few will be, idk how much art ill be able to put out during that time
BIGGEST PLOT TWIST OF ALL!!!!!! MArio fanart
rare_zelem_mario_fanart_2023_3.png

back to Not that
forehead2.png

matilda behavior
this_is_just_normal3_1.png

this_is_just_normal3_2.png

this_is_just_normal3_3.png

this_is_just_normal3_4.png

creature guy
randim_again7.png

average luna moth
normal_moth.png

normal_moth2.png
oug page 11

so i have a grand total of two art things today, which is possibly the least so far in the weekly posts
twitter red if he was good also this was drawn on the anniersary of the angry birds movie
win4.png

random matilda idk
random_again4.png
i had more opportunities to draw (wtih the power of procrastination) and was going to but i just. Did Not have ideas
if i have like. One art thing next week or smth ill just skip it until the week after that. ill actually be free from exams then

Last edited:
hello everone i came home from exams just earlier and found out the angry birds facebook is teasing a new bird out of nowhere (whos also referred to with they/them)??? so you may see them next week in this very thread i guess. and also ill be FREE FROM EXAMS then
creachers
here_we_go_again.png

yea
true.png

hal is in angry birds dream blast all of a sudden (he has never been in it so this is huge) so far only the avatar so this is some speculation
though i think the lower body will be more similar to the movie design than how i drew it. which was going from memory
EDIT!!!! well my prediction of being more similar to the movie design was correct
hal4.png

this convinced me that chuck was intended by nature itself to have a weird broken beak tip because this looks weird
weird2.png

weird3.png
edited an addition to one of the captions

Last edited:
yea hi i had a lot this week because i procrastinated as hell
as i said last week jo is indeed here but this was speculation based on one of the first teaser. i was wrong with some details and correct with others so thats something
mystery4.png

actual design

discord was frickin pissing itself for like an hour or two or something that day and it was Not Great (i said on a forum "i decided to wait out the discord issues bc nothing sends and it just duplicates instead and without discord im turning into a cavewoman. thog want human communication"). so i drew a bunch of chucks
oh_my_god_discord2.png

ttheres_no_traffic_on_piggy_island3.png

ok heres jo properly. and melody bc her sounsd are back again!!!! which took way too god dam long but whatever!!!
JOY3_oh_what_a_punny_filename.png

A DAY after the jo proper reveal i already speedran converting them into summer madness. lmao. still need to put them into my speculative biology au thing
jjjjjjjj8.png

i gave them eyelashes anyway

jo having a movie design also got me wonderin about a movie melody
drawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww_meloty7.png

NOT angry bird !!????? i randomly messed around with bryce 4 to make some stairs out of terrain mostly and overcomplicated it
big_ol_stairs_thing.png

image.png

but realised i could just use One terrain for the whole thing not Many terrains that keep not aligning
image.png

then up and made like a cool temple. sort of empty but hey
temple2_1.png

temple2_2.png

temple2_3.png

temple2_4.png

first actual drawing after exams, the darker pink looks kind of weird but i deliberately color picked something here. you can guess. happy pride month
its_just_true7.png

heads up the first two images here are very saturated so take care not to get blasted with bright colors if youre sensitive to it
some tux paint heckery since it updated
20230611144720.png

20230611150202.png

ALSO tux paint! https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...3835980517418/2023-06-11_17-01-43_sped_up.mp4 drawing process once again embed in discord
20230611170027.png

jo for speculative biology au now
they turn into an oval with the help of that ridiculous feathers cape and tposing
thuogh i feel like i should have made them lankier
oval_bird6.png

thinking
draw_dangit5.png

image.png

updated the oc color thing i have for my own reference with noel
image.png

and here is actual npc behavior https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...5/1117869687460601856/2023-06-12_20-29-16.mp4
spent_several_days_in_a_cave4.png

more of the au now with neiderflyer (who i redid) and robin (whos new)
i_literally_just_started_drawing_lines_and_then_oop_an_au_thing7.png

yeab
EDIT: CRAP I FORGOT quote source https://perchance.org/incorrect-quote-generator
WHAT_HAPPENED_BIPY2.png
edited in an addition to the last caption OOPSY

Last edited:
not as much art bc no drawing ideas but i do have variety
an alien planet which i also ANIMATED! well the clouds and water but whatever ! embed video in discord as usual https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...9643463261110383/another_alien_landscape3.mp4
another_alien_landscape3_1.png

another_alien_landscape3_2.png

butterfrog because ppl were talking about... cloudy with a chance of meatballs and this was a a thing in it and it made me think of a frog that is a butterFly ? so heres that one
image.png
image.png

realised i forgot to make jo in spore. not very satisfied with this though
image.png
image.png

s1 ep37 clash of corns
clash_of_corns.png

a creautre based on an old thing that was for testing textures + a bunch of creatures only using creepy & cute parts and paints
lizard_with_an_ape_mouth.png

this awesome pic i foumd
love_drawing_stupid_birds.png

drawn while watching a really really really long video so i had to do something to occupy myself after playing some lil games for a few hours to that vid
finally_more_creachers12.png

(bryce 4 render) sometimes you just gotta make a weird space worm
snake2_1.png

snake2_2.png

snake2_3.png

this is actually using 98 (i missed one Woops) spheres and 1 lattice on a path so i can adjust it and make it do different poses

Last edited:
this week has been a lot. and i haev a lot of things also
some whatevers *i mean dressed up maxis creatures
image.png
image.png

image.png

he is very small
3_cm_tall.png

coolio
cave3.png

recreated thing i made in feather family roblox game
image.png

i had an idea to hand draw a bunch of agnry bird sprites and yeah this didnt work as well as i hoped but some of the reds turned out good
image.png

image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

GIF_25.06.2023_18-31-21.gif

https://perchance.org/incorrect-quote-generator again
hey_eyebrows4.png

trying to replicate the vibe of some 2000s pc games with 3d renders and failing ... the ground i just drew so it looks really bad
image.png

this is not matilda (its a redesign of that other one from hogs and kisses)
giant_frickin_bow3.png

i had to cover up the eye that i barely notice but keeps bothering me
CRE_Brish-22c4f0c5_ful.png

CRE_Brish-22c4f0c6_ful.png

CRE_Brish-22c4f0c7_ful.png

i dont do this often but more starbound mod updates! i added bunys . alongside other things. they are based on this from a comic
image.png

image.png

also yeah new character i made to test how the bunys work in the first place and also just see how the progression goes with stuff like the slingshot

going back to not matilda with a height/design comparison. i kind of bungled some of her design traits
white_birds2.png

Glipy
image.png

and this guy, technically i flipped hte body upside down so i made use of it for interesting patterns
image.png

image.png

another attempt at this but with rendered ground and yeah this still doesnt work. i need everything to be orthographic here
image.png

but if i try orthographic by literally just using one of the side view options and then rotating hte ground evverything gets all janky and i dont know how to do it with hte transparent map elements too
greenscreen_things4_background_test.png

made a puppet thing in algodoo for my speculative biology au, and then drew over it to demonstrate leg flexibility
image.png

leg_flexibility2.png

if anyone is interested i also have a big ol writeup about this whole thing. though itd probably be nonsense to the vast majority of people here as itd probably need angry birds knowledge and an interest in speculative biology.......... boy a whole thing that appeals to exclusively me !
[/hr]

Last edited:
a lot of bryce things, also i have a tumblr now !
as described in that speculative biology txt thing from last week htis is how bubbles works
flufd3.png

i still havent figured out how bomb works

another underwater scene in bryce 4, with the caustics from a spore prototype (WaterBoy) and the fishf rom tuxpaint stamps
aonther_underwater_scene7.png

i didnt let it finish rendering so its pixely in places but some minor updates to the room thing. i fixed the shinys in windows making it look like theres multiple suns even though there isnt. yay
room9_wip.png

also a recreation of a cool random sky i got once but failed to save. you can tell the first image is old based on the small resolution
random2.png

old_random_sky_recreation.png

(voiced by deven mack)
sonic.png

looking at the bryce3d tag on tumblr really inspired me to start making some more abstract things
cosmic_cage2.png

and i have also made a guy for another bryce thing........ so look forward to that. i will probably make it today so due to the weekly cutoff point you will probably only see it next week. oopsy
new_creature1.png

new_creature2.png

new_creature3.png

actually adore this guy so i had to draw it
BRYCE_GUY_DRAWNEDED3.png

EDIT: i lied. nobody liked this yet so i can edit this in
mysterious8.png

Last edited:
no bryce things this time
random spore guy
image.png

random butterfly dragon guy
bugger8.png

random spore guy (meant to look robotic without using bot parts but that didnt work but it still should look cool)
image.png

image.png

random spore guy (unusual mouth placement)
image.png

image.png

oop that caption format doesnt work anymore this is more flight rising fanart with my first two dragons
SHES_TINY5.png

random creature guy
fun_guy7.png

not a lot but most of it is angry birds summer madness stuff lmao
didnt like robin's skin from the angry birds minecraft dlc (it included a skin pack for just summer madness) so i did my own. also i changed her eyes a bit since that
image.png
image.png
image.png

decided heck it made neiderflyer too using the same skin as a base. easy. even gave him his little shaved hair things
image.png
image.png
image.png

and a comparison of the skins
image.png

coming up with ideas for a speculative biology thing, inspired by watching a bunch of curious archive videos. the fourth one is also technically a creature
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

i made the bug (its technically an air vehicle but shh) so it can fly above and also i made the gulls follow it technically so they start flying away from you if you get close to them https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...8/1129846138300813373/2023-07-15_21-44-29.mp4 (embed in discord or something as usual)

been watching angry birds bubble trouble too and its been giveing me Ideas. for summer madness ideas. typical
bub_trub7.png

also reloaded added ice bird and its also been giveing me Ideas. for summer madness ideas. Typical
icr_bird4.png

all doodles this week and largely angry birds at that
some with matilda
milty5.png

more angry bird speculative biology au things, with randos and then chuck tweaked
bird_time1.png

chuk.png

chuck is supposed to be proportioned more like a roadrunner though. hte tweaks were mostly getting rid of his orange back patternings it was kind of detracting him from his yellowness

a whole bunch of really abstract bug doodles bc i kind of wanna go to the bottom of Her entire design and just. redo it basically
get_abstracted.png

(htats my angry bird oc in case anyone forgot)

a bunch of phone doodles when the power was out. first was drawn with my finger (hurts), the rest were drawn with my mouse which i connected to my phone
Screenshot_2023-07-28-15-00-40.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-28-15-23-12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-28-15-53-02.jpg

turns out tux paint feels way better to draw in than autodesk sketchbook

more random things
an outfit for screeble
image.png

image.png

more speculative biology au things
i_keep_wanting_to_draw_au_birds1.png

made a space stage save file to test something for my spore blog, decided might as well make an outfit for these
image.png

updated tux paint and messed around with a bunch of things, half of them in templates
i had to make them really tiny because of potential eyestrain, if your eyes are ok with it just click on em
20230802131230.png
20230802131423.png

SPOILER_20230802131824.png
SPOILER_20230802134024.png

creature guy
another13.png

doesnt really go there but i plopped the player model from gonzagogl (a spore prototype) into a sky preset alongside a water plane. in bryce 4. i forgot to mention bryce 4
s.png

experimenting more with fractal terrain except it actually tried to make it work (its hard to make it work still and i dont think its worth it)
another_fractal_test3.png

very self indulgent
image.png

image.png

image.png

embarrassing gamer shirt (very small)
gamering3.png

drew both of them from memory instead of using any references, so i bungled robin a little oops (stella is largely fine though)
sttttttt.png

wait its saturday
i drew the yellow part on most of his feathers wrong oops
get_balded.png

more experiments with bryce to make like... assets and stuff
tile_render_test.png

image.png

and an attempt at a background thats kind of spore-like and it also turned out especially like old 3d renders
spore_like_bg_test.png

tried to make a unique ship for my dudes but i am. not good at anything that isn the creature editor
Spore_2023-08-08_17-57-56.png

Spore_2023-08-08_17-58-00.png

image.png

redrew an official image for a funny
stole_someones_idea_just_to_beat_her_to_it2.png

i dont post much of what i do for my starbound mod but i do keep working on it, heres some paintings that edit existing vanilla paintings with angry birds references. the first one is referencing angry birds dream blast and the second one the angry birds movie
image.png

image.png

i did fix up the second one a bit since this, mostly the shading under terence

matilda
matidlfa2.png

you may notice i. redid some things with the thread and also my username this week. this just reflects who i am now better thats it
also im not participating in scribble this year if anyone cares. with me being basically out of the community and also the fact that last years scribble also didnt go too well for me i decided that i dont think i should bother with something ill likely have no passion for
bug thing
bugbd7.png

i think i bungled her vibes but this is summer madness stella based on a realy funny stella movie render
why_am_i_drawing_this_late.png

matilda
microbe.png

I accidentally got back into rayman ....... anyway i got mad at rayman origins nymphs and had a brain blast on redesigning them as more creaturey. so this is the first one so far. id probably be able to come up with more interesting things with other nymphs, my idea is to make them based on the most prominient enemies/creatures of their respective world, so betilla here just gets rayman 1 things because all the jungle enemies are rayman 1 guys. which here just meant i get to mostly ignore her origins design entirely. lmao
thinking4.png

i dont think this ddesign looks like .. raymany enough but the base is there for something anyway

i need drawing ideas
random bird doodles
bird_time4.png

rather empty so i could add more but i hope this is intriguing
more_depth_test.png

experimenting with more rendering styles
nfgtnjstrf4.png

this guy
image.png

image.png

cheeze
chease3.png

mostly just paint heckery combined with splitting each coolor into its own layer as i went along in paint.net and then i mesed around with it and made this in the econd image
wow13.png

wow13_3.png

the way i did these is i was holding my whole mouse in my hand and having my finger pressed on the sensor thingy that detects the mouse being moved. so it had erratic mostly horizontal movement. then by copying and pasting these as i went along i split each into its own layer, then randomized the colors (and made them darker) and set each layer to additive

got some
big dude and tiny dude
image.png

image.png

image.png

bird ocs
i_need_to_remember_they_exist.png

fixed chuck his face is still weird but he looks a lot betetr anyway
image.png

image.png

image.png

doodled
red_gryphon3.png

render with models of little guys i made 7 years ago
bubble_realm.png

ace (maxis creature) dress up so now that guys cooler
image.png

au thing hjes itchy
abababababababasbsa3.png

a lot
bryce terrain tests
iceberg_thing.png

a 360 panorama render that came out of me just. messing around A Little. at first
more_skynoramas.png

it is called Onlooker
image.png

guy that took 2 hours
tycdjcdhgvujkh11.png

new random guy (randomed with that pascal program i made)
image.png

image.png

image.png

A small creature that spends its time sitting in the grass near a water source and wiggling its tail tip in the water to look like a worm, and it catches the fish it attracts with its mandibles. Its tail can regrow surprisingly well.
image.png

guy with a mouth that opens like an insect mouth but is not that. my mom was absolutely delighted by this thing
image.png

image.png
image.png

drew this while outside. so the tally failed bc i expected more dudes than there actually were like the day prior
Screenshot_2023-09-14-12-25-50.jpg

skin of judge peckinpah (and cyrus) .. i feel like i could do better but egh
image.png

image.png

crappy perspective but who cares
tiny_tiny6.png

a couple of au things with a terence nad stella redesign
bigs7.png

steller_better3.png

beeper
image.png

image.png

a lot of just spore things
drawn on mobile real quick based off this exchange in a book
Screenshot_2023-09-17-11-12-38.jpg

some creatures
image.png
image.png

image.png

image.png
image.png

i guess it goes here, another one of these mock ups of a game that will never exist bc these are fun to make
new.png

recreated the crashed spaceship from space stage with the help of the model
image.png
image.png

only major diff is i accidentally inverted the colors oops. like their mapping is accurate even they both have this spot on the bottom
image.png
image.png

next is steve who ended up kinda wonky. i had the pink trim thinner at one point but decided to make it not so just to cover up some of the texture at the top
image.png
image.png

and of course breaks outside the editor with the cylinder i stuck in the speaker so it actually faded to black
image.png

next is a recreation of these guys from the 2005 spore things and also the black cloud in the final game
image.png
image.png
image.png

thenn a concept of a grox species in starbound
image.png

image.png

i also spaced out the color references horribly, these are knot the grawx; insectrox or dronox; brish; yoyo; yaya; singwon; singtwee; wee greevil

exploting how strike weapons on limbs work
image.png
image.png

and then final recreationi s the sea monster
image.png
image.png

edited off this guy
image.png

this is a day early but heads up. apparently discord the piece of garbage website is going to remove image links being permanent on other sites so this is just going to break this entire dang thread and i dont feel like updating all the old links. and in this case i might just stop updating this entirely, idk what image host to use bc im not switching back to imgur after the whole thing that had
for the future though i started archiving each page https://web.archive.org/web/20230929090619/https://www.marioboards.com/threads/41274/ this may be annoying to go through but should hopefully work
Edit: i Want to continue archiving but archive.org decided to stop letting me back in at all so ill deal with pages 7 to 10 or so later

since ill archive this page again soon anyway i might as well link some images from dsicord for probably the last time. its not much im bad at having ideas
tildy
render_haver4.png

new guy animates surprisingly ok
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

i think i shouldnt have shadwd this at all but i like drawing more realistic things sometimes
easy_drawing_idea14.png

edit 2: discord has been completely pissing itself the whole morning. simply just great timing

Last edited:
this is a day early but heads up. apparently discord the piece of garbage website is going to remove image links being permanent on other sites so this is just going to break this entire dang thread and i dont feel like updating all the old links. and in this case i might just stop updating this entirely, idk what image host to use bc im not switching back to imgur after the whole thing that had
Could you just upload them as direct forum attachments going forward?

What is your opinion on imgbb? It's the image host that I currently use to host images. Note that it only has a 32MB limit if not using a payment plan, which I think should suffice. It also has the ability to autodelete images after a time frame if you find that useful.

Or, the following (taken from the imguralternatives subreddit):
  1. Lensdump | 100MB | NSFW allowed
  2. Imgchest | 20MB | NSFW allowed
  3. Postimages | 24MB | NSFW now allowed
  4. Cubeupload | 5MB | NSFW not allowed

Otherwise, I guess the images can be hosted on this very website.

Thank you for reading.

sorry guys i forgot about the other upload options. im stupid. sorry. and yeah i guess im going back to imgbb anyways since i just found out you can ctrl+v images in there
either way i think i just kind of got a little tired of updating this thread, at least as frequently. i may make it a rarer deal (i am enjoying not having to stress out a little about having enough art by each saturday (as i havent been drawing much lately for some reason) so this will probably be better for me)
once discord images fart themselves and i know they broke across the thread i might as well just make a new thread (and also leave behind the baggage of my ugly 2019 art)

sorry this is not an actual art update post either. really sorry

Back