Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games

Marchionne Evangelisti said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
He'd be cool in some other spinoff, but I can't picture him in the Olympics. That would be like Boo joining the roster.

Remember King Boo?
Indeed, I remember how much of a cheater he was since he had no feet. No thanks.

YEAH SO WE CAN BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT FOR THE GRIEF IT GAVE US IN MARIO KART.

I just realized something....HOW ON EARTH DO YOU THINK THE OPENING MOVIE WILL BE LIKE?

I hope it’s just as beautiful as the one in London, that was one was the best!

2010 was okay as well as 2008, sucks that 2014 for such a short intro

2016 was great too but it used in-game graphics for it

So, crossing my fingers for a great one this year for 2020!

ok fine but can we have all the characters in all sports ... this exclusivity is dumb. Hope they drop this down.

New Mario artwork is always welcomed. I do hope that instead of just Mario (and possibly Luigi), we get artwork of everybody in new sports gear. It's a real shame we still haven't gotten Wario and Waluigi official artwork in Mario Tennis Aces.

Thank you for reading.

New artwork, great, but does this mean alternate outfits for different events? Or overalls will just be for promotion? Like, we saw earlier Mario in athletic wear.

image0.jpg

king of e3

unknown.png
roster seems to be the same as alaways

Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJuQFjfWARQ

that's going to be the final roster isn't it

:rolleyes:

Actually someone pointed out to me Zavok was in the trailer and is not on the roster, so there is a small chance this is just the roster for E3. But I'm not gonna get my hopes to high up I'm pretty sure he's most likely a boss or something.
unknown.png

Ray Trace said:
that's going to be the final roster isn't it

:rolleyes:
Don't hold your breath; the roster hasn't changed in any meaningful way since the second game back in 2009.

HG-The-Hamster said:
Actually someone pointed out to me Zavok was in the trailer and is not on the roster, so there is a small chance this is just the roster for E3. But I'm not gonna get my hopes to high up I'm pretty sure he's most likely a boss or something.
unknown.png
If it's anything like last game, the rivals will probably be guests.
I'm hoping I'm wrong and we can use them in any event though (or at least make Bowser and Eggman Nega skins for their respective characters. It can't be that hard.[/spoiler]

i dont want to be the debbie downer but Zavok is most likely a boss, since he is conveniently boxing ... so here we go again with exclusives probably.

what a load of trash.

In the 2016 Wii U version of Mario & Sonic, Zavok is a Guest character, which means that not only is Zavok a boss, but he's also a playable character specifically for an event only (in his case, Boxing). On one hand, this is a step up from previous Mario & Sonic games where bosses were only meant to be battled against meaning that them being playable is a major step up, but on the other hand, fans of certain characters are bound to be disappointed that their favourites aren't majorly playable. Toad for example was only playable in 100x4 (baton pass relay race), and I am sure some would be disappointed if that repeated here too. I am pretty sure Rosalina fans would be disappointed if she were once again restricted to Gymnastics again.

Speaking of this, I am super happy that the human characters get to wear sports uniforms instead of being stuck with the original clothes, which applies to all seven human characters (6 from Mario + Eggman) and I think every Sonic animal character. For some reason Bowser, Bowser Jr. and Yoshi couldn't wear uniforms (not sure about DK). Some uniforms even have characters being barefooted, which is a nice touch since some events don't require shoes (such as swimming). Fencing is another example, as I caught a glimpse of Waluigi in a nice white outfit.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
In the 2016 Wii U version of Mario & Sonic, Zavok is a Guest character, which means that not only is Zavok a boss, but he's also a playable character specifically for an event only (in his case, Boxing). On one hand, this is a step up from previous Mario & Sonic games where bosses were only meant to be battled against meaning that them being playable is a major step up, but on the other hand, fans of certain characters are bound to be disappointed that their favourites aren't majorly playable. Toad for example was only playable in 100x4 (baton pass relay race), and I am sure some would be disappointed if that repeated here too. I am pretty sure Rosalina fans would be disappointed if she were once again restricted to Gymnastics again.

Speaking of this, I am super happy that the human characters get to wear sports uniforms instead of being stuck with the original clothes, which applies to all seven human characters (6 from Mario + Eggman) and I think every Sonic animal character. For some reason Bowser, Bowser Jr. and Yoshi couldn't wear uniforms (not sure about DK). Some uniforms even have characters being barefooted, which is a nice touch since some events don't require shoes (such as swimming). Fencing is another example, as I caught a glimpse of Waluigi in a nice white outfit.

Thank you for reading.
I'd make a joke about Bowser being a free man or something like that, but I can't after Mario Tennis Aces gave him that outfit.
Also it's funny, considering that the reason costumes were shot down as far back as the first game is because certain events would require Sonic to remove his shoes and Sega vetoed that... So they got around it by having the male Sonic characters (barring Eggman since he's human) keep their shoes on or wear those alternate shoes and having Amy and Blaze wear slippers.

Back