Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games

I never owned any Mario & Sonic game, but I've played the London one several times, considering one of my friends owns it.

Moldo said:
Anyway I don't have high expectations, considering I haven't played any since 2014 Winter Games. But if it's good, great. If not, whatever. Not interested.
Rio 2016 was...okay. At least it introduced new characters, which hadn't been done since Vancouver 2010. The catch? All the new characters were "guests" and were playable in 1 event each. The Wii U version only has 3 Duel Events, too.

PyeongChang 2018...that exists only on Fantendo, I'm afraid.

Mario & Sonic should have their Sochi olympics actually take place at Sochi rather than the Rosa Khutor resort.

Have the characters use ice skis and snowboards through the streets of the very sunny semi-tropical city. Make them marvel at the Mikhael archangel in Kurorthy Prospekt. Let them play hockey in its beaches. They should go go-karting at the Sochi Autodrom.

infinite8 said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Great, isn't it? ;)
inb4 images of Mario in a leotard will be your user avatar and signature.
depends if they manage to make Mario look good in one, but we got these years ago, so Mario Bros. can look good in that sort of swimwear.

0U4n3ON.png
1i5WBxM.png

lmao that Magikoopa tho

*looks at first image*

Wait, is that Sonic in the top right corner!?

wait no it's just Spike.

It’s not too early to predict the roster is it?

Cuz I can’t really see how it’ll be considering how many more characters could be added

I mean I could see Pauline maybe but that’s just me and many others hoping

Lassi said:
I wonder if Pac-Man might get a cameo in this, considering he was in the introduction to 2020 in Rio
Perhaps the most important question is: would Doraemon get a cameo in this? Doraemon has a major presence in the closing ceremony and is the character representative of Japan. In both cases though, it's unlikely because past Olympic titles doesn't represent the famous works in each respective country, so for example, Mr. Bean wasn't represented in Mario & Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games.

It would be a super cool thing if Doraemon did get referenced though.

Thank you for reading.

It’s not a big deal, but it’s great that ever since Tennis Aces, every character are wearing sports outfits that fit the sport they’re playing. Although...I really don’t want to think about what Wario, Waluigi And Eggman could be wearing in the diving section.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
I hope Peach will have her bikini from Super Mario Odyssey without the sarong/towel when in the swimming events. It is very appropriate for swimming. She wore it in the Lake Kingdom and Seaside Kingdom in Odyssey. I mean, Peach can still wear her leotard for Gymnastic events as she did for previous games. I would love to see her bikini from Super Mario Odyssey put to good use in a sports game like this.
More hopeful for that in the Volleyball event.

Main reason I don't care too much probably is that the Olympics series roster strangely insists on not doing big changes. The fact some characters have been just referees or subject exclusives for more than a decade really displease their fans.

Dorayaki said:
Main reason I don't care too much probably is that the Olympics series roster strangely insists on not doing big changes. The fact some characters have been just referees or subject exclusives for more than a decade really displease their fans.

Yeah, I hope they don’t do the whole “guest” thing again for the new characters and give us the large character roster we deserve

Let's worry about them actually making a game worth playing for once.

hopefuly characters this time are not limited to 1 event like in the Rio games.

i hope to see Rosalina with a new attire other than a swimsuit, even if she doesn't really run.

Roster doesn't matter to me much until they actually let us choose our opponents for the match.

Lassi said:
What do you guys think of Cappy being playable?
He'd be cool in some other spinoff, but I can't picture him in the Olympics. That would be like Boo joining the roster.

I'm thinking they'll probably opt for Pauline instead and hopefully not leave her name in all CAPS.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
He'd be cool in some other spinoff, but I can't picture him in the Olympics. That would be like Boo joining the roster.
But Boo can ski and ride horses and ride bikes.

Like said Olympics is not like an occasion for introducing entirely new playable character, it's almost same as plant piranha in Smash bros.

Unless certain case like King KRool and Pauline who were rarely seen in sport games but are arguably major enough to be here. Just making Vector match KRool would be kinda awkward. :P

Part of me think we may get more info about this game around E3, then we’ll get more a month or two afterwards

If it was official, why would the logo design based on its "candidate city" logo, rather than the actual design from the placeholder?
cqRSozd.png

Back