Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdA22Lh6Rwk

It's Generation 8!

The region is Galar, which I think is based on England this time.

The starters are: the Grass-type Grookey, the Fire-type Scorbunny and the Water-type Sobble.

Thank you for reading.

Game looks good, but not really feeling the starters so far.

Going to keep the tradition of going with the water starter though, so Sobble it is.

Remember when Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon was new, where people thought Solrock and Lunatone would have something important going for them? The only thing I can think of that they got special treatment with are new moves they benefit well from, but I don't think they got any special treatment. In fact, they are not found locally in the original pair of games! I think they are found in the Ultra games, though.

Thank you for reading.

The DK Emoji IRL said:
KOOPS! GET IN HERE! THE TRAILER HAS LUCARIO!
(I think)

I know

But when you put the fact that you can transfer your Mons from older games to the newer ones, it suddenly sounds less exciting.

But if he's actually one of the Pokemon you can find in the wild then YES!

The games, from what we know so far, gets a resounding "meh" from me. Mainly because of the starters, they don't look at all interesting. I've kind of felt that way since the Unova-era shift in art, tbh. I'll probably just capture a Treecko in an older game and find a way to bring it over. #MakePokemonLookCoolAgain

The region itself looks pretty interesting, though. It being based on England, I'm expecting a lot of castles and forests and such. "Sword and Shield" kind of makes sense in that regard, I guess. Knights and all.

They added their own applause to the title reveal, which is just........ sad.

Also, the boy kid's backpack is HUGE!

Loving the Galar region so far, been hoping for a more mountainous region after sustaining Alola fatigue. (nothing against Alola, but after playing Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon back to back within a short timespan I'm kind of sick of the ocean.)

In terms of starters, traditionally I usually lean towards the water-type but so far I'm more team Scorbunny.

I wonder what the Gen 8 anime will be like.

New region looks exciting, and I do like the designs of the 3 starters, particularly Scorbunny. I'm gonna wait until their evolutions are revealed to decide which one I'll pick though, and I do hope that Scorbunny's evolutions won't be Fire/Fighting

Alex95 said:
#MakePokemonLookCoolAgain

Because if there is one thing first evolution starters are known for. It's looking cool.

Mcmadness said:
Alex95 said:
#MakePokemonLookCoolAgain

Because if there is one thing first evolution starters are known for. It's looking cool.

Yeah, starters usually are more cutesy than anything, but these invoke a much different feel to me than what we've been getting since Unova (Snivy's actually pretty cool, though).

001Bulbasaur.png
004Charmander.png
007Squirtle.png
155Cyndaquil.png
252Treecko.png

i'm a sucker for fantasy so i actually find this setting to be fairly interesting. def gonna keep an eye on this one

Alex95 said:
Yeah, starters usually are more cutesy than anything, but these invoke a much different feel to me than what we've been getting since Unova (Snivy's actually pretty cool, though).

They all look cutsey to me.

Hell I'd argue Cyndaquil is more cutsey than any of the ones we've gotten since.

I mean, nothing wrong with cuteness, and their final evolutions may look much better than their basic starter forms. But these being the first Pokemon we would see in the game just doesn't do it for me. Perhaps future Pokemon will interest me, but that hasn't happened in a while.

How dare you good sir.

I must smite you now.

Truth be told I'm actually more of a fan of ugly pokemon.

Like intentionally hideous ones.

I for one embrace reptilian lizard Mudkip.

sobble.png

look at its wide sad maw, like Mudkip

I'm undecided on starters, waiting for evolutions to be revealed in order to decide, like I do for any generation that has more than one starter that I like ( I didn’t like all gen 1 starters, though I like Bulbasaur’s evolutions, gen 2 liked both Chikorita and Cyndaquill, gen 3 only liked Torchic, gen 4 liked Turtwig’s final evolution, but preferred Piplup since he appeared frequently in the anime and was very cute, gen 5 liked both Tepig and Oshawoot, gen 6 only liked Fennekin, gen 7 was undecided between Rowlet and Popplio until their evolutions were revealed, liked the latter’s better, and when I got the game, chose the latter, for gen 8, I dislike Grookey as he isn’t as likeable as the others, so it’s either Scorbunny or Sobble for me until evolutions are revealed)

Alex95 said:
I'm sure you must love your Garbodor, then.

All poison types are my babies.

Back