Should I buy a 3DS?

Wait.

You don't have a 3DS yet?

I'm not sure what your purchasing options are over in Lebanon, but where I am Nintendo directly sells refurbished 2DS systems for only $50, and the factory-sealed ones are $80 with a game included. Pretty good deal if you ask me, even if it's not one of the "new" models. I'm personally looking into that myself; eight months with no 3DS to play is eight months too long.

That said, I'll reiterate that you should absolutely get a 3DS one day or another. You'll have access to the entire 3DS library of games, as well as the entire DS library on top of that. It's a wonderful game system and you definitely don't want to miss out on it...even if Dream Team doesn't end up being your favorite game of all time.

It more depends on whether or not it's suitable replacement to the iPad. You referred to it as "our iPad", does this mean other members of your family use it? If so, then they may do things besides playing games on it, meaning they won't have a suitable replacement if you buy a 3DS. If it's just you using it to play games then buy a 3DS.

The 3DS is worth buying, it has a vast library of games spanning two generations (DS and 3DS) and also has a Virtual Console, it's just a question of whether or not it's a suitable replacement for your iPad.

Wait.

You don't have a 3DS yet?
yet
It more depends on whether or not it's suitable replacement to the iPad. You referred to it as "our iPad", does this mean other members of your family use it? If so, then they may do things besides playing games on it, meaning they won't have a suitable replacement if you buy a 3DS. If it's just you using it to play games then buy a 3DS.

The 3DS is worth buying, it has a vast library of games spanning two generations (DS and 3DS) and also has a Virtual Console, it's just a question of whether or not it's a suitable replacement for your iPad.
Now again, we used it only to play games (games that weren't even that good to begin with). We sometimes use it to use Google or YouTube, but my little brother will get a phone this Christmas, and at that time every member of the family will have their own phone. Which would make an iPad not as worth it and more expensive.

There are a few games I found at the game store (games that no-one in my country is buying for some reason) that I'm really interested in. Those games include Mario & Luigi Paper Jam, Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World (with the Poochy Amiibo), a buncha Pokémon games like X & Y or Sun & Moon, and many others.

No, there's no point in buying it when you have a far superior console that isn't going to die soon and has good games. Unless you don't have DS, then buy it because then you can play DS games on there (which are actually good).

No, you should still definitely get one.

Since Nintendo has discontinued both the New 3DS and New 3DS XL. Your only options is to get a New 2DS XL or a 2DS. I recommend the New 2DS XL. It's basically the same thing as a New 3DS XL but without the 3D. It's more affordable too. It's worth it if you don't care for the 3D effect.

Personally, I don't really care about the 3D. It only works with the early 3DS games such as Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 (at least to my knowledge). So I don't think I would mind buying a 2DS instead I a 3DS.

Personally, I don't really care about the 3D. It only works with the early 3DS games such as Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 (at least to my knowledge). So I don't think I would mind buying a 2DS instead I a 3DS.
It is true that most of the newest 3DS games don't have 3D support, but it's not just the earliest games from 2011 that support it. The vast majority of games supported it for years.

Regardless, unless you're playing 3D Land (rip anyone who tries to play that in 2D), 3D is just an extra effect that isn't very essential to the experience. A 2DS is still a great value even without 3D, especially if you get the original one. Original 2DS is the way to go due to its durability and cheap price.

If you do get a 3DS you should also check out the modding scene. They got tons of stuff like custom themes, save file editing, and other stuff like that.

Also has Planet Robobot so you know that's a good deal.

please do not bump a thread unless you have something material to contribute; simply expressing the same opinion as others in an old thread is pretty unnecessary

Sure, the 3DS is slowly passing away, but that definitely doesn't mean it's not a good system. I still have my Wii U for its games.

I got my 3DS a few weeks back and it's a great way to play BIS, which at the time was my 3rd favourite game of all time (now fourth as of Thursday evening as it has been overtaken by Paper Mario 64) as well as Super Mario Land 1 and 2. I have yet to play any games which were released originally for the 3DS, not counting the Pokemon Sun and Moon demo that I didn't really like, but I can already tell I spent my £90 well.

Back